Obama's a dud, what to do?

And you guys are unbelievable...

So Obama should either:

1. After two years in office have realised that the oil companies run free and needed regulation (Something that no former President have done) and that this was so important that it had to be done now? It's not like he wasn't busy already...
2. Solve the crisis personally as a commander in chief, disregarding that there's plenty of experts working on this already. People who are probably the best in their field. But noooo, Obama should personally step in and lead...

Come on... He didn't create the crisis, instead he might actually have stopped it from getting worse. He didn't create the wars and he is doing the best to end them. He did manage to do what no other President have done before - get real healthcare. And this with tremendous opposition from the Republicans.

You can't expect him to work miracles, but it seems you do.

He didn't mitigate the crisis at all. In fact he actively interfered with state and local mitigation efforts. And he didn't get anything remotely resembling real healthcare. All he did was give Big Insurance a captive consumer base. Massachusetts adopted a similar model a few years ago, and now people are paying higher premiums and have less access to medical care. Here is a good breakdown by a liberal site:

http://www.aolnews.com/healthcare/article/opinion-eighteen-myths-about-the-health-reform-bill-debunked/19406480

Ok.

The first thing you want to do when evaluating Obama's performance is to dismiss all the claims that all the ultra-right wing parties have made. If Sarah Parlin has used it as an explicit premise in one of her arguments, it gets thrown out. Because frankly, they're so completely devoid of intelligence that they deserve to be thrown out. Her name is Mudd. Let's carry on.

Anyway -- I would say he's doing a decent job. But he's exposing himself to too many opportunities by both sides that undermine his credibility. Both sides seem to be able to add flavored interpretations as to why certain events have been happening for their own profit and gain (democrats and republicans). But he is doing better than that other guy (you know, the other guy), and he isn't completely screwing up like the last one. He's fine. I would give it two more years as the president is being a little more aggressive finally with his philosophy as opposed to his first year where he believed naively working together with some people wasn't a waste of time.

Because that's all the Senate would let him have - and, as the people who ultimately elect the senators, all the American people would let him have.

I have very little pity for Americans whining about Obama, or the political parties, or the political system now. Nor did I have much pity for the "Bush isn't my fault" trend a few years back. Ultimately, the leader America has is the leader America deserves, and the political system the American democracy has become is the political system the American people have let it become. "Evil Washington" is a scapegoat for America's own apathy.

Always blaming Washington then turning to another president who is "like us" or "hope and change" while reelecting the same old senate and house that favor careful immobilism, as America has been doing for several decades, is frankly ridiculous. Nor is the "I'd vote for the good people, but the sheep keep voting wrong!" argument particularly convincing. The "sheep" are probably thinking the exact same thing you do. And all of you, with only the rare exceptions, keep voting back in power the very people you claim to hate, year after year.

Any ideas?

You could always vote republican

or throw your hat into the ring for a state senate election then crawl your way up to the presidency campaigning on changing the system. :lmao:

Nor is the "I'd vote for the good people, but the sheep keep voting wrong!" argument particularly convincing. The "sheep" are probably thinking the exact same thing you do. And all of you, with only the rare exceptions, keep voting back in power the very people you claim to hate, year after year.
Yeah a lot of Americans tend to talk about their countrymates begrudgingly as if they themselves are the only sentience in the country. Maybe it's just a general self-depreciating attitude, but it's quite silly when Americans speak about other Americans as if they're some far off land of ignorant... OH GOD, I'M DOING IT NOW AREN'T I?

Yeah a lot of Americans tend to talk about their countrymates begrudgingly as if they themselves are the only sentience in the country. Maybe it's just a general self-depreciating attitude, but it's quite silly when Americans speak about other Americans as if they're some far off land of ignorant... OH GOD, I'M DOING IT NOW AREN'T I?

Who doesn't?

Just because I'm criticizing Americans over doing it doesn't mean I think they're alone in doing it. It just means that Americans are the relevant people to criticize over this in this thread.

IIRC, weren't reagan and clinton about this popular two years in?

My opinion of Obama will be shaped by the long-term effects of his policies (stimulus, healthcare, military strat chg, foreign stuff), NOT by what has happened in the short term

We are far to focused on the NOW , which we admittedly have little control over.

It's one of those things that China is good at: planning for and thinking for the future, and long-term.

Top Bottom