Confused about Indonesia's ability

AdamGM

Warlord
Hello,

I founded a city on a different continent than the one that I started on, but I don't see any luxury resources at all. I have a marble and horses, and that's it.

Is there some way you have to 'claim' these resources or perhaps find them? Or is there just a chance that you get none?

(I'm sure it's on a different continent).

Thanks, in advance!

I'm not certain (can't test as I'm at work) but I believe the city itself produces the luxury, as if you were a city-state with porcelain or jewelry. If you hover over the happiness icon in the top of your game screen, it should show "+4 for one of each of these luxuries" and a list of all the luxuries your civ has. You might have it already and not even know.

You don't see them on the map they are like mercantile city-state resources.

it's not particularly convenient, but as has been said you can look at your happiness hovertext, or you can see it in the trade window with another civ.

The resource appears on the tile the city is planted on - tooltip when over the city tile should show it

Oh, ok. I'll have to check the trade route details when I play next. I think I assumed they weren't there and hidden, because the trade route value out of that new city was the lowest of all my cities & options.

Shouldn't they be more valuable somewhere?

I think I remember reading that the value of the trade route was supposed to be based on the uniqueness of what you are providing. I would imagine Indonesia's unique luxury resources should be worth a bit extra?

Most routes were getting me ~+11 gold.
The ones out of the new city was +4 gold.

Top Bottom