Webshops for Civilization V - List by country

Thanks. Good find. I added it. That levels the playing field with Amazon, Bestbuy and Futureshop.
There's nothing special about that, its the regular special edition for sale at a chain that only sells video games.
Don't understand your comment. That Gamestop is also selling the Special Edition in Canada wasn't noted in the list yet, so it's a good thing Kelvrin noted it. And what's a regular special edition, anyway? We've only got three flavours: Regular, Special and Deluxe.

I'm thoroughly confused now after reading the first post.

If I were to (pre) order from Steam the Deluxe edition I'd get:

1. Babylon Civilization with leader "Nebuchadnezzar II"
2. Cradle of Civilization Map Pack: Mesopotamia

And miss out on:

3. Map Pack: Cradle of Civilization: Asia
4. Map Pack: Cradle of Civilization: Mediterranean
5. Map Pack: Cradle of Civilization: The Americas
6. A 'mystery' civilization with leader "mystery"

?

I'm thoroughly confused now after reading the first post.

If I were to (pre) order from Steam the Deluxe edition I'd get:

1. Babylon Civilization with leader "Nebuchadnezzar II"
2. Cradle of Civilization Map Pack: Mesopotamia

And miss out on:

3. Map Pack: Cradle of Civilization: Asia
4. Map Pack: Cradle of Civilization: Mediterranean
5. Map Pack: Cradle of Civilization: The Americas
6. A 'mystery' civilization with leader "mystery"

?
Correct on 3-5. If you order from Steam you don't get those other pre-order incentives offered by various other vendors. There's a strong expectation that the various pre-order incentives will be available for sale later, but this isn't formally confirmed. There's no mystery civ with a mystery leader. D2D offers the 1st DLC pack for free, so that's a rebate. The pack will be available for sale to everybody later in 2011.

And by that time someone will have made better mods than the DLC and/or same/similar for free.

Thanks. Good find. I added it. That levels the playing field with Amazon, Bestbuy and Futureshop.
Don't understand your comment. That Gamestop is also selling the Special Edition in Canada wasn't noted in the list yet, so it's a good thing Kelvrin noted it. And what's a regular special edition, anyway? We've only got three flavours: Regular, Special and Deluxe.

There was no extra "dlc" offered, only the special edition.

Correct on 3-5. If you order from Steam you don't get those other pre-order incentives offered by various other vendors. There's a strong expectation that the various pre-order incentives will be available for sale later, but this isn't formally confirmed. There's no mystery civ with a mystery leader. D2D offers the 1st DLC pack for free, so that's a rebate. The pack will be available for sale to everybody later in 2011.

Thanks for the reply and your fantastic compilation here.

What I'm confused about and the reason I called it a mystery civ is from this:

"Direct2drive.com Deluxe Edition - USD 59.95 / EUR 59.95 / GBP 39.95
* Direct2Drive includes a pre-order bonus: first DLC pack: Two Civilizations and one Scenario"

So I already knew Babylon was a pre-order civilization, but in D2D's offering there's 2 civilizations. What's that about? Or is that a future offering?

There was no extra "dlc" offered, only the special edition.
Yes, nobody said anything different. Kelvrin observed Gamespot Canada offers the Special Edition - which wasn't listed yet - and you observed that doesn't include DLC. You're both right.
Thanks for the reply and your fantastic compilation here.

What I'm confused about and the reason I called it a mystery civ is from this:

"Direct2drive.com Deluxe Edition - USD 59.95 / EUR 59.95 / GBP 39.95
* Direct2Drive includes a pre-order bonus: first DLC pack: Two Civilizations and one Scenario"

So I already knew Babylon was a pre-order civilization, but in D2D's offering there's 2 civilizations. What's that about? Or is that a future offering?
Correct. Did you check out Direct2Drive's website? They're including the first available DLC pack as part of the pre-order deal. See also this post. See it as a rebate on something that hasn't been published yet.

Walmart now also has the Special Edition for pre-order. Included with the Walmart offer is the Map Pack "The Americas" for both the Regular and the Special Edition. See this post for a summary of all 13 available configurations and the OP for pricing and links.

Yes, nobody said anything different. Kelvrin observed Gamespot Canada offers the Special Edition - which wasn't listed yet - and you observed that doesn't include DLC. You're both right.
Correct. Did you check out Direct2Drive's website? They're including the first available DLC pack as part of the pre-order deal. See also this post. See it as a rebate on something that hasn't been published yet.

Yes, I checked out D2D, but I was under the assumption if I bought it from there I'd be tied to their service. I completely forgot that since Civ V is a Steam powered/works game no matter where I buy it from I'll be able to integrate it into my Steam account, keep it patched/updated and of course purchase future expansions which will work with my copy no matter where I got it from.

Since D2D has the most to offer in a pre-purchase I'll be getting it from there.

On Amazon.co.uk, the pre-order map pack is the Asian one, not Mesopotamia (unfortunately).

Anything about Russia? Afaik there is no delivery from Amazon.com :(

Buy Steam deluxe. It has Babylon.
I doubt there will be official shipment to Russia before 1C will localize it. About 6 months after release, my bet.

On Amazon.co.uk, the pre-order map pack is the Asian one, not Mesopotamia (unfortunately).
Thanks for letting me know. I've fixed it.
Anything about Russia? Afaik there is no delivery from Amazon.com :(
No idea. I'm affraid that my Russian isn't all too fluent. If you find any sites, please let me know. Perhaps there'll be sites offering the international version while it's being translated.

For the UK, Coolshop withdrew its Special Edition offer, but Game.co.uk and Gamestation.co.uk now have it listed and priced at 49.99 GBP. Game.co.uk also offers the Americas map pack with the Regular Edition.

Top Bottom