The Iliad

I have not heard from GFletch in over a week and there was no response to a recent email I sent. He sent me a private email about ten days ago saying he had some personal issues and understood if I were to replace him in the game.

I feel that in the best interests of the game we should move on and it would be better if the Vikings were under human control rather than the AI.

Accordingly I have invited Cornelius Sulla who was on the reserve list to take over the Ragnar.

Bolkonsky. ;)

Accordingly I have invited Cornelius Sulla who was on the reserve list to take over the Ragnar.

A quick update for all those awaiting with bated breath the arrival of Ragnar :viking: in human form.

I have been in contact with Cornelius Sulla who tells me that he is travelling at the moment and will join the game on Sunday. :clap:

Bolkonsky. ;)

I will be away for the next two days. I have asked deleatur to sit for me. Hope this causes no problems.

The only concern I have is that deleatur has already subbed for another player (JMaltman.)

Personally I do not think that it is a good idea to use a substitute who has knowledge of another civ.

This is not a rule, rather just something that I think would be better for the game.

If you could find someone else I think it would be preferable.

Bolkonsky. ;)

Maydrock asked me to sub for him and I said sure. :p I have never done anything with PB before so this should be an experience, hope that is ok.

GM

Thanks. :p
Unfortunately I am on dial-up (Though I should warn everyone, Bell Canada has refused to put high speed through here EVEN though there is high speed on BOTH sides of us and we ALL would buy it I am sure) but a couple turns (I hope) should be ok.

Stupid Bell. I've had better luck with Rogers since my wife converted us.

Yeah. :) But as my family has no money for cable or satellite we have to rely on the telephone lines, and you know who controls those..

It is a shame, I mean we are but 2 hours away from Ottawa, not up in the Yukon somewhere!

Just wanted to drop by and see how the game is going for the rest of the group. :) Do you think we got a good pace going here ? I can't wait for things to spice up later on.

Nothing really happening at the moment , due to epic speed.This is my first game on Pitboss at epic and things are moving too slow for my liking.

This game could run forever !

Wars could be very interesting on epic... once we get to the point where people have multiple units. :D

Does anyone have trouble logging into the game? I just tried and it is timing out for me.

Just timed out for me as well?

The game is now running.

It is difficult to explain why these time outs are occuring. Apart from OS and firewall updates there have been no changes to the server this week.

Hopefully there will be no further interuptions.

Bolkonsky. ;)

Top Bottom