PBEM Age of Imperialism; 1895-1924, Deluxe Version

No do over!

At least now we have a clear unterdstanding of the "Declar War" Rule.

Now how does the Declar War Rule work with AI. Say for example your ships are moving in an AI's waters and he gives you the ole "Remove your forces or declare War" deal and you don't want to have your ships automaticaly removed and you decide to Declare War on the AI.
1) Can I attack right away or
2) Can I move forces or land forces on his territory that turn and attack next turn or
3) Must I wait till next turn move forces or land forces on his territory then on the third turn attack?

Thanks
Jureil:king:

The rule was vague and wasn't explained as a 1 turn waiting period. It's true it would be worthless to declare war before entering if it all happens on the same turn lol.

Ok, since the rule was vague i will not give a sanction to France, if all players agree that is, but from now on the rule must prevail.

I too thought the rule simply meant that a civ cannot be in an enemy territory (with or without ROP) before declaring war, but not that it meant you had to wait a turn to fight. This is a big advantage for the defender, who has time to fortify, redeploy, and rush units. Is the defender similarily prohibited from launching their own attacks during the 1st turn?

I'm not at all crazy about the 1-turn period, but if that's the consensus, then of course I'll abide by it.

By the way, nice attack, BT! :p Glad that we don't have to wait two years of playing to see some power grabs. :)

:mischief: Sort of why I did it. I sent my offer to Jureil, if he wants to "take the loss".

Edit-I do agree with Anthony, that this means the defender gets the "first strike", which doesn't seem right to me. Although right now I ak obviously biased, I still think that surprise attacks should be allowed, as long as right of passage and such haven't been abused.

Bah, ok, screw the rule lol, i´m not beeing a very strict host, but if the rules doesn´t apeal to anyone, i guess removing it is the way to go...

Consider rule gone, play ball!

Russia you there?

The rule never implied a first strike for defenders. I would have interpereted it as no intrusion of territory or attacks on units for either side untill next turn. Having a turn isn't enough time to ship in your whole army from the other side of the globe. Any empire with any colonies would need more time to transport units in order to match (to his best ability) the preparations of a smart attacker. No one except France could reasonably transport stacks of units between continents within a turn. This isn't necessarily my vote to support the rule it's a different view of it.

We went from not sure what rule means to from now on everyone must follow this rule to ok there is no rule pretty quickly without consenting a majority of players. I say the host send an email to all current players to see what kind of reactions they have. Clearly state the nature and effects and ask if they want to have it or not.

Looking for any volunteer to help me make data archive

I would help if I could but I need help myself...LOL i don't know how to take a screen shot nor post one if I could take it and am not very good with computers unless it is my works accounting program.:eek:

'Cause the tsars in tha hood are always hard
Come talkin that trash and they'll pull ya card'

Hey as far as the whole declaration of war thing goes, I'm cool with the consensus. If we all want to weigh in or take a vote first, that's cool, too.

Attachments

• TsarEric.jpg
    TsarEric.jpg
    44.5 KB · Views: 165
'Cause the tsars in tha hood are always hard
Come talkin that trash and they'll pull ya card'

Hey as far as the whole declaration of war thing goes, I'm cool with the consensus. If we all want to weigh in or take a vote first, that's cool, too.

Now that's what I call a family photo!

Ok the attack rule I can see both sides of the wait one turn or the attack on same turn.

1)Wait one turn both sides can not attack untill the following turn. For the time period it sounds more in line I don't think sneak attacks where in style at the turn of the century nataions decared war with plenty of warning. Hitler and Japan kind of changed all that in World War II. World War I did not start right away it was a series of events and escalaions so the rule kind of fits in with the time period.

2)On the other hand the points that Antony brought up where on line and does give the defender a slight advantage at first also this is a game and if the playability is changed to try to be more historical it might not be as fun for all.

With that all said I am on the fence with the rule, I can see both sides but if we are not going for Historical accuracy or Roleplaying aspect of the mod then my vote would be go with 2) as the rule if we are putting more into the historical and roleplaying end then I would vote for 1) and if push came to shove I would vote for 2) the no wait rule.

Measures can be taken to observe an potential rivals troop movement. Boat and border scouting and city investigate. If units are heading your way, you're gonna have a bad time. If you have the assets you can see where you need protection.

Historically we can look at world war 1, it took a few weeks to mobilize. In game time the turns span from 4 weeks to 1 week per turn. No effort is needed to make historical reenactment (at least until the whole world is railroaded etc) as for any given attacker or defender it may take a few turns to mobilize. The issue is the attacker has a head start of unlimited turns vs the defender to prepare unless he actively watches for the signs.

Jureil I'll message you about the news archive.

wow, so France was waiting when last Ottomans troops leave the towns for Jureil and then just took them before Britain, is it ok? :D

GPS to Anthony
The rule doesn´t apply to the AI. You can treat the AI the way they deserve...badly :D.
Really? ok then Cuba is mine and pardon me Fidel

Turn played and sent to Jureil.

Count Inoue Kaoru, the Minister for Foreign Affairs of Japan, would like to express the Japanese Empire's dissapointment in the French government's treatment of Japan's friend and trading partner, Great Britain. It is Japan's hope that this situation can be resolved quickly and with sufficient satisfaction for her friend.

Top Bottom