New weird online happenings (new to me anyway)

artbell

Chieftain
I just fired up a PS3 ranked free-for-all match, hosted, waited, got 3 players to join after 60 seconds or so. I'm playing Zulu this match, the game starts and we all go about our opening gambits.

Around 1800BC, a 'Waiting for so-and-so player' banner pops up for a couple seconds, then a Victory Screen saying I just won a Domination Victory. Over this Victory Screen popped up 3 'such-and-such player left the game' banners right in a row. Ostensibly some sort of mass disconnect.

A few minutes later I click to join a new free-for-all ranked game, go pour a cup of coffee while it was evaluating games, came back to see that I was thrown into a game and it was my turn to move my galley, as SPAIN, in 1800BC.

It took me a minute, but I realized that I was in a game with the same 3 players that just disconnected from the first game, and that instead of controlling Zulu I was in charge of Spain, BUT, Madrid was in the same spot my Zulu capital was placed but my research was different and my warriors were in my capital instead of roaming the countryside.

I shrugged and played several rounds until the same Domination Victory and mass disconnect happened just like the first game.

This might be a common occurrence but I don't remember reading about it in any of my forum browsing. The erratic online play has left me chainsmoking, nervous and twitchy about trying to play more multiplayer... I want to trust and enjoy it but I've been hurt so much in the past...

Never got this bug, however it was you that disconnected, and some times it should happen, then, if you change civ you get also technologies if I'm not wrong. Some players could quit an rejoin with perhaps romans, chinese, greeks, arabs, spain, french to get only free technologies.

man there really are a lot of problems with the multiplayer

Top Bottom