Quick Questions and Answers

... it seems that would clutter the interface too much, so that feature was cut to "streamline" things.

Oh ok, thanks again. I had a feeling that you might be going to say this :( Well, hopefully the information screens will be revised in a patch at some point to make them easier to use and more comprehensive. I know this sounds sour, and I don't mean it to be, but a lot of the information screens were really done much better in IV. And this one of course is a particularly irritating example - there's not much fun in calling up around a dozen AIs to see if any of them will trade anything for one of my luxuries! I think I've been spoiled by the HoF/BUFFY mod for Civ IV - it really is terrific to use in terms of at-a-glance and comprehensive info.

Hey everyone um can someone tell me how to download mods off the actual civ game because everytime i try to download something it comes up at the bottom saying "error(mouseover for details) so i do that and no details come up and i can't download anything please help

No complexity to killing city states — but if you kill a certain number of them, ALL of the others will go to permanent war with you!

Just a quick question: Are the DLC civs still not useable in multiplayer?

I keep trying to download mods for new civilization. It says the download is complete but I can never play as the civilization. Help

I keep trying to download mods for new civilization. It says the download is complete but I can never play as the civilization. Help

Once you download the mod, you have to activate them (on the "installed" tab, click the check mark). After that, any new civs should be available in new games you start from the mods menu. Any games you start from the main menu are still unmodified.

I tried searching the boards and couldn't find anything on this, but sorry if it is a repost:

I was trying to get the "To Stand the Test of Time" achievement, but Civ 5 refuses to let me finish my spaceship. I have the parts built and the parts at the capital, but the option to add the part doesn't appear. Has anyone else run into this problem? If so, is there a way to fix it? Thanks.

I tried searching the boards and couldn't find anything on this, but sorry if it is a repost:

I was trying to get the "To Stand the Test of Time" achievement, but Civ 5 refuses to let me finish my spaceship. I have the parts built and the parts at the capital, but the option to add the part doesn't appear. Has anyone else run into this problem? If so, is there a way to fix it? Thanks.

I asked this same thing the other day.

http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?t=401214

Here's the answer!

Hi!

Is there a way to build a Wonder when a Teammate is already building it, or is there a Mod which can do that?
Because I don't like it when one of my (AI) Teammates starts building a Wonder which takes him ~100 or more turns to finish, when i could build it in 10 turns or so ^^

Thanks in advance!

Also, is it normal for the time between turns on civ V multiplayer to take longer than if you plan single player? Im guessing that time between turns when I play alone is 5 seconds when time between turns online is more like 30 seconds to a minute.

Can you build the spaceship after you've won? Was trying to see how you do it, but I already won a diplomatic victory. I don't see any spaceship build icons, and I have all the pieces. Am I doing something wrong or wont it work because I have won already? Thanks

Can you build the spaceship after you've won? Was trying to see how you do it, but I already won a diplomatic victory. I don't see any spaceship build icons, and I have all the pieces. Am I doing something wrong or wont it work because I have won already? Thanks

No you can't. That was my question earlier. You also cannot trigger the election after you have won a different type of victory. I am assuming you are now confused on how to achieve the "Stand the Test of Time" achievement, but I say no fear my friend. The challenge isn't to win via all methods in one game, but to just have done them all at some point.

Also, is it normal for the time between turns on civ V multiplayer to take longer than if you plan single player? Im guessing that time between turns when I play alone is 5 seconds when time between turns online is more like 30 seconds to a minute.

In between turns, you are waiting for other civilizations to make their moves. Human opponents might be taking their time.

After all human players have ended their turn, it should not take any longer for the turn to complete than it does on single player... unless the host computer is a slower one than you are used to using, or somebody has a very slow connection.

Question that has probably been asked already but couldn't find it:

Is it intentional that when I trade luxuries for gpt somewhere around industrial/modern eras, ALL pieces go to one civ? It's ridiculously annoying that the game won't leave one for my use :(

If it's intentional, it really sucks.

Top Bottom