a hopeless addict deprived for YEARS

loftylein

Chieftain
from an old win 98 I now graduate to Mac 10.1 - HELP! I want to play civ 1 again but the incredibly complicated to use CIV 1 on Mac the way that i have seen described makes me quail. All old (win) PC's are scrapped - only a laptop Win7 used by my wife - I MAY be allowed to go there but would prefer to install on my mac
Is there ANY way an old timer can see a clear and (preferably) VERY easy way to get CIV 1 on my mac?

Still such a good game even after so many years. Just has such an addicting quality and challenge to it (on highest difficulty of course).

i too am playing again after many years off.

this and SimCity were my first PC games. :crazyeye:

from an old win 98 I now graduate to Mac 10.1 - HELP! I want to play civ 1 again but the incredibly complicated to use CIV 1 on Mac the way that i have seen described makes me quail. All old (win) PC's are scrapped - only a laptop Win7 used by my wife - I MAY be allowed to go there but would prefer to install on my mac
Is there ANY way an old timer can see a clear and (preferably) VERY easy way to get CIV 1 on my mac?

I used to play civ on my old mac os 10.4.11. It was on an old Power Mac with the old powerpc chip which allowed to run OS 9 in "classic" mode. So, basically there is a native mac installer available for the classic environment, you just need to look very hard for it ;D. The UI is identical to the civ for windows version. Good luck in locating a copy and getting it to run.

Top Bottom