I don't understand the Oracle bonus...

Flower

Warlord
I don't understand the Oracle bonus... ''Gives knowledge before battles about the success of your military units and provides the opportunity to avoid the battle altogether'' What does that mean? It says if I'll win the battle or lose it? Is it that?

Best regards,
FLower

I don't understand the Oracle bonus... ''Gives knowledge before battles about the success of your military units and provides the opportunity to avoid the battle altogether'' What does that mean? It says if I'll win the battle or lose it? Is it that?

Best regards,
FLower

Essentially, yes. I've read that it's not always accurate and is obsoleted relatively quickly, so it's not too overpowered, but for a short while, yes, it will help your military conquests.

When you try to move your units into combat, the Oracle will tell you if it's a battle that you're likely to lose, and then you can choose to proceed or not. Very handy in the early game when attacking cities.

Same problem here. It warns you about losing but it doesn't guarantee victories. It basically's like a second reminder for the really obvious battles, so in other words it's most effective if you're attacking cities where you don't know the opponent's strength.

No... I think it tells you every time you're about to lose, and gives you one last chance to pull out. Even this one time when I was a 7, vs. a 5... it told me to pull out, I didn't, and I lost.

I have never won a battle when it told me I was going to lose but I went anyway, and I have never lost battle when it didn't tell me anything. I could be wrong, but I think its 100% accurate.

It is so many hammers for for what I consider to be a very minor effect. 125 hammers is what like 2 spies and 2 legion armies and a bonus legion? I think I'll take that instead.

Even with 1/2 price wonders for Rome I'll build, oh I don't know any of the other wonders before that.

Its one redeeming feature is the fact that it counts towards a cultural victory.

It is so many hammers for for what I consider to be a very minor effect. 125 hammers is what like 2 spies and 2 legion armies and a bonus legion? I think I'll take that instead.

Even with 1/2 price wonders for Rome I'll build, oh I don't know any of the other wonders before that.

Its one redeeming feature is the fact that it counts towards a cultural victory.

I sort of agree... Ive never built it, but seem to always get it as my starting wonder when I play with the Egyptians.

Shouldn't Egypt be able to pick its starting wonder? Why do they always get the Oracle? Can they get anything else?

as Egypt, I've started with the Hanging Gardens, Oracle, and Colossus...Colossus was the best of the bunch though :) doubled my science for a long time :D

Is there any way you can select what you want to start with though? Or is it randomly selected?

oracle = waste of time

I think there is a lot of think that u can construct instead of the Oracle.

Top Bottom