Can you move great people?

bonafide11

Worker
I thought I read in some preview that you can move great people from one city to another, but I haven't found any way in the demo to do this. Is this possible, or was I just dreaming about Civ again?

Do you have to settle great people in the city they are born in, and once they're settled there, are they stuck there for good? For instance, if Michelangelo is born in Rome, if I want to settle him, do I have to settle him in Rome? And if I settle him in Rome, is there any way to activate him later and move him to another city? Thanks for your help! :cool:

I'm curious as well. I read the same information but can't seem to do it either. Time will tell, unless someone with the game chimes in.

Okay thanks for everyone who responded... Where did The_Tuck and I get the idea they could be moved to another city after being settled? I swear a preview article mentioned that a while ago, did Firaxis decide to scrap it?

no, Sid once said that you could do that(in one of Apolyton's previews), but apparently they got rid of that feature at some point.

Yeah, I definitely read that you could move them after settling. You're right though, you can't (well I haven't been able to).

hm... maybe you can steal one of your own great people with a spy? Anyone ever tried that?

How would you activate the select spy mission dialog? :p

Your spy would just move into your city.

was just a guess :) Maybe there is an option that we haven't seen yet?

Bah, okay i see that this is very unlikely, therefore forget it ;-)

hm... maybe you can steal one of your own great people with a spy? Anyone ever tried that?

Yep, it works pretty good. I stole from the Aztec a great Builder hahahaha it was so funny, but remember to move some units to protect the Great person after been kidnapped.

Where did The_Tuck and I get the idea they could be moved to another city after being settled? I swear a preview article mentioned that a while ago, did Firaxis decide to scrap it?

I know that the AI can demand one of your settled great people in exchange for a few turns of peace. It happens all the time in the full game, so it might just be possible for us to make the same demands of the AI.

I've not seen it happen to date, though. It's generally a tech advance that you can extort from the AI, when bartering for peace.

Yep, it works pretty good. I stole from the Aztec a great Builder hahahaha it was so funny, but remember to move some units to protect the Great person after been kidnapped.
I'm sure they meant steal one of your own Great people in order to relocate them.

Top Bottom