a new generation of civ'ers?

I'm new to the series and started playing with civ5. I had a roommate who tried to get me into civ when it was back at 2 or 3, but it didn't look appealing at all! I then had friends later who raved about civ4. I finally checked the series out when it was on sale on steam. I tried the tutorial and found the game incredibly unintuitive and confusing, and I ultimately gave up, but mostly due to my computer being a bit too old to smoothly run the game. I don't know when I gave it another go exactly, but I have been hooked on the game for the past 2 years, putting easily over 500 hours into it I would say. I have always liked rpgs and tactical turn based games like advance wars and fire emblem, so it was a natural fit once I got past how confusing everything was to learn.

19 here. My first civ experience was with an old box copy of Civ 2 Test of Time I stumbled upon when I was very young, didn't really grasp it but I loved the idea. Civ5 was the first game I really got into and I love the series now!

Top Bottom