Civ IV Live Streaming

Btw, there was this notion on the screen that HC completed the Taj, so there is really no complaining there... ;)

Aw hell, I missed it. Well again, thus is the result of live play without 100% focus :p.

But hell, at least I won ;).

Why would you stop with the original LP's? Was there a problem or something?

No, but doing it this way

1. Shows genuine games (there's proof of no cheating when I have 15+ people watching it happen).
2. Allows viewers an opportunity to interact in almost real time
3. Is a hell of a lot easier on me, as I don't have to partition another segment every 10 minutes and wait for audio compression.

Another note: Back to epic failure of Isabella! Streaming again.

No, but doing it this way

1. Shows genuine games (there's proof of no cheating when I have 15+ people watching it happen).
2. Allows viewers an opportunity to interact in almost real time
3. Is a hell of a lot easier on me, as I don't have to partition another segment every 10 minutes and wait for audio compression.

Another note: Back to epic failure of Isabella! Streaming again.

I was just asking, curiously. I get it though. I do have a question for CamStudio, (I noticed that that was what you used for your LP's) Whenever I try to record one, the video and audio are out of sync, and my voice is talking really fast. Also, it lags incredibally. I don't think it has to do with my computers strength, (It's not a beast, but it's okay.) There has to be some problem. You said that your computers were old so I figure that computer strength can't be the issue. Could you please help me out on this. I would love to get some let's plays going. Not really a great player but I have some confidence as I am almost ready to tackle Monarch once and for all. It sounds fun also. Please help me out TMIT!

I just played with the quality rating in cam studio and ran civ not full screen. You can try different codecs too.

Fraps and a lot of other things are better for LPs. Note that my computer nowadays is actually *Very* good.

I was just asking, curiously. I get it though. I do have a question for CamStudio, (I noticed that that was what you used for your LP's) Whenever I try to record one, the video and audio are out of sync, and my voice is talking really fast. Also, it lags incredibally. I don't think it has to do with my computers strength, (It's not a beast, but it's okay.) There has to be some problem. You said that your computers were old so I figure that computer strength can't be the issue. Could you please help me out on this. I would love to get some let's plays going. Not really a great player but I have some confidence as I am almost ready to tackle Monarch once and for all. It sounds fun also. Please help me out TMIT!

You should try broadcasting too! People can give you real time advice, and you only have to download their little app and fill out a form for a new account.

I just played with the quality rating in cam studio and ran civ not full screen. You can try different codecs too.

Fraps and a lot of other things are better for LPs. Note that my computer nowadays is actually *Very* good.

I am running fullscreen. How do you get all of the picture withough running fullscreen though?

You should try broadcasting too! People can give you real time advice, and you only have to download their little app and fill out a form for a new account.
It sounds cool, but my computer for gaming is not connected to the internet, and I don't wan't to mess with that now. My other computer isn't, (If you watched the graphics would be pixalated.) Though, could you give me more details?

Download the streaming application
http://static.livestream.com/procaster/Procaster.exe (from http://livestream.com/procaster if you need the mac version)

Create a channel at https://secure.livestream.com/myacc...ekey=b3ea38238ab5ac2cbdf3eab92b6a6cc873a2f064 There's also links on the site, procaster, etc

Fiddle with the procaster settings. I advice changing the start/stop hotkeys so they won't interfere, and alter the resolution and frame rate to something that fits your connection, select game mode. Then start it.

I'm back on! Starting a new one now that babysitting duties are completed. Screw that crappy game on quick, I feel like trying again :lol:.

Thanks TMIT, this is like TV! Only better!

Hi there, i was watching a few of your videos lately, thanks for the nice presentation.

I didnt know about waypoints before. However, trying to utilize them myself now, it seems i can put them anywhere, but not right into one of my cities, because that removes the waypoints. Do i need some kind of mod for this, or is there a special keybinding for it?

You can put them in cities as well - only it's the same way you cancel the waypoint from the target city.
In other words, if you want to send every unit built from your cities to city X, select all your cities and then unselect city X, at which point the game will allow you to waypoint on the city X tile.

really like the TMIT vids has been good as I try and make my way up the difficulties (something i've never bothered to do much as I just play casually but been playing since civ 1!)

I watched ure Justinian game on youtube whilst capped (Australian net fails) so that took me a few days lol. Is there anyway to get like an email alert or something when this is live?

Yea I wondered about that too. That would be pretty nice to get an alert when you are streaming live.

I'm looking into this. An fast, simple, but ugly way is just to use the url
http://channel.api.livestream.com/1.0/livestatus?channel=civiv
which is get request that will display
<ls:channel name="civiv">
<ls:status updatedAt=""/>
<ls:isLive>false</ls:isLive>
<ls:currentViewerCount>5</ls:currentViewerCount>
</ls:channel>
If it's live, it will display
<ls:isLive>true</ls:isLive>
If it's not, it will display

I'm looking into this. An fast, simple, but ugly way is just to use the url
http://channel.api.livestream.com/1.0/livestatus?channel=civiv
which is get request that will display

If it's live, it will display
<ls:isLive>true</ls:isLive>
If it's not, it will display
That is actually a nice and clever way to use the URl, but then again... It requires the same effort as actually looking the channel itself. :)

Maybe some bot can do some nice things with that URL, but for every one out there looking at the channel is more simple than using that URL.

Top Bottom