City State Diplomacy Mod (Updated)

Here's a quickie that shows what I'm suggesting. Compare to something like the Ballista icon, which looks good in the production queue, but loses itself in the city banner. I like your last 3 in your post on the last page (the portraits).

For some reason, to me, Kissinger screams 'pink and charcoal' even though he didn't enter politics til after the 1950s :)

Attachments

• Hank.jpg
    Hank.jpg
    81 KB · Views: 80
Here's a quickie that shows what I'm suggesting. Compare to something like the Ballista icon, which looks good in the production queue, but loses itself in the city banner. I like your last 3 in your post on the last page (the portraits).

For some reason, to me, Kissinger screams 'pink and charcoal' even though he didn't enter politics til after the 1950s :)

That's awesome. That would be perfect for a 'Great Diplomat' Unit. Someday.

What do you guys think?

It seems to solve the problem of money, at least for now.

Looks good. Another suggestion is:

1. 'Diplomat visit' or 'Establish Cultural Outpost' or 'Establish Representative Office'
2. 'Establish Consulate'
3. 'Establish Embassy'

I guess some testing is needed to get the gold vs culture balance right.

Looks good. Another suggestion is:

1. 'Diplomat visit' or 'Establish Cultural Outpost' or 'Establish Representative Office'
2. 'Establish Consulate'
3. 'Establish Embassy'

I guess some testing is needed to get the gold vs culture balance right.

You and I had the same idea re: consulate and embassy. I was just about to post a new pic with those labels (as well as, for small gifts, Acquire Residency).
G

What shall I download now? ;)

I'll post v15 here now, though I'm still not happy with a few things.

The return of gifts of gold is...less than exciting, but at least it has flavor text now!

The one thing I'm struggling with is the strategic icon problem. I CANNOT figure out how to get a customized strategic icon to work...any ideas?

Look on the first page for v15.

Edit: 15 up, I'm out for the night. Later!

G

I downloaded v15 from here first page, put it in mods dir but it doesn't show up in the browser... :(
so I cannot install it...

I downloaded v15 from here first page, put it in mods dir but it doesn't show up in the browser... :(
so I cannot install it...

Hmm...

I'll check it out when I get back from work.

Try moving v14 out of the MODS folder and delete the modcache file in the CACHE folder (in My Games-->Civ V).

See if that helps. If not, it may have been a bad upload.
G

I tried... I had v12, and it works, it can be installed,
while v15 cannot... so perhaps indeed it is corrupted...

I tried... I had v12, and it works, it can be installed,
while v15 cannot... so perhaps indeed it is corrupted...

v15 is back up. Tweaked it a little bit more.

Also the UN wonder gives 3 free ambassadors (like the Louvre). Hooray!

The only glaring problem are the SV_icons, which is an unsolvable issue. So, aside from balance, we've achieved MOD.

Also, if you like this mod, please take some time to leave me feedback- I want this mod to be the best city-state diplomacy mod of all time (by default?)

G

Still the same for me, I dl, put in place, and installation seems to happen when I click...
...but then it doesn't show in the list of the installed... so I cannot enable it...

Gazebo, you can?

EDIT
I checked steam verification, and the game files were OK...

Still the same for me, I dl, put in place, and installation seems to happen when I click...
...but then it doesn't show in the list of the installed... so I cannot enable it...

Gazebo, you can?

EDIT
I checked steam verification, and the game files were OK...

Yep, I don't know what's wrong. I've triple-checked the file and clean-installed it on my system.

Anyone else having this problem?

Try downloading it through the modbroswer if nothing else will work.

Yep, I don't know what's wrong. I've triple-checked the file and clean-installed it on my system.

Anyone else having this problem?

Try downloading it through the modbroswer if nothing else will work.

ModBrowser buddy isn't working for me, it disappears after 10 secs...

But why does v12 work for me and v15 not?

EDIT:
and I dl-d CCMAT v9 and it DOES work fine...

EDIT 2
I fight to get v15 but I give up now:
Finally I managed to dl from mod buddy when in that 10 sec "window" that I see mods, so dl-d,
but then install and to no avail.

I tried second time, this time dl-d again from buddy,
but then could not even install...
(I think I erased previous try)

I dl-d "Microsoft Visual Studio 2010 Shell (Isolated) Redistributable Package" to make ModBuddy work properly but that did not help either

what to do then? :(

ModBrowser buddy isn't working for me, it disappears after 10 secs...

But why does v12 work for me and v15 not?

EDIT:
and I dl-d CCMAT v9 and it DOES work fine...

EDIT 2
I fight to get v15 but I give up now:
Finally I managed to dl from mod buddy when in that 10 sec "window" that I see mods, so dl-d,
but then install and to no avail.

I tried second time, this time dl-d again from buddy,
but then could not even install...
(I think I erased previous try)

I dl-d "Microsoft Visual Studio 2010 Shell (Isolated) Redistributable Package" to make ModBuddy work properly but that did not help either

what to do then? :(

Bizarre. I really don't know why it isn't working...let me check my files one more time for consistency.

If anyone else tries to d/l the mod, let me know if it works.
G

Finished my v11 game; won spacerace. Diplo was too hard:lol: (which is a good thing!)
On another note, I'm having a similar problem with the new version (v15) as Soma:(. I erased previous version from Mods folder and deleted the mod cache. I do get the install button when I DL it from both the modbrowser and from this thread, but after I install it, it does not appear in game..

Finished my v11 game; won spacerace. Diplo was too hard:lol: (which is a good thing!)
On another note, I'm having a similar problem with the new version (v15) as Soma:(. I erased previous version from Mods folder and deleted the mod cache. I do get the install button when I DL it from both the modbrowser and from this thread, but after I install it, it does not appear in game..

Ok, there's got to be something wrong on my end, then. I'll recompile the mod, check the files one more time and then repost as v16.

Also, what made diplo hard? I've reduced unit costs dramatically since v11– was that the problem?

G

Top Bottom