Caveman 2 Cosmos

hello guys and thank you for your magnificent mod. The added value of the enormous amount of units buildings and technologies is just astonishing.

I have a suggestion for future game additions. I was inspired primarily by CIV 5 Diplomacy mod (http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?t=392543) and thought that it might be interesting addon for C2C. The main objective of such an addon - to deepen the diplomatic gameplay.

So, in short:

Add "diplomatic" units and buildings to a game. For better balance I suggest probably middle ages or renaissance eras to start with. This will work basically like assassins and rogues addon works - the player and computer builds "diplomats" and sends them to a cities of other civilizations. When sent - it adds a diplomatic points to relationships between states which improves or degrades relationships. It can be removed from the city - thus causing a decrease in diplomatic points.

Messenger. (early eras) Basic diplomatic unit, can be sent to any city to increase relationships by 1 point. When sent - disappears in the city (joins it)

Envoy (early eras) Adds 2-3 points, national unit (3 max). Stays in the city allowing to see the city production and surroundings.

Emissary (middle eras) Adds 3-4 points, national unit (3 max). Can be built if certain buildings are built in the city.

Diplomat (late eras) Adds 3-4 points, national unit (3 maks) Movement costs, can be built only if Ministry of Foreign Affairs is built (for example)

Ambassador (late eras) Adds 5 points, can be stationed only in capital if embassy is allowed, adds money to trade routes, can be built only if Ministry of Foreign Affairs is built (for example)

Diplomats can add different amount of money to trade routes as well. When removed from the city where they have been stationed - decrease in relationships kicks in. So, at the beginning player has to think what are the diplomatic priorities for his CIV are and where he would sent his diplomats not to call them back in future. When war starts between two nations, diplomats are sent home.

Well, something like that. Very basic and general overview of the idea, but can be elaborated of course if you are interested.

Thanks for the great mod again guys!,
Cheers.

Hello,

I've started a couple of games with C2C, and in each case, the "increasing difficulty" option appeared to be activated regardless of whether I'd checked it or not during the custom game setup.

Does anybody know which mod (BUG or something?) provides this option; even better, does anybody know how I can disable it definitively ?

Thank you.

The increasing difficulty option is in the lady bug windows too, with all the little option you can configure during the game (under your gold, next the chat and victory button). Try to disable it here too and see if it work :)

Hello,

I've started a couple of games with C2C, and in each case, the "increasing difficulty" option appeared to be activated regardless of whether I'd checked it or not during the custom game setup.

Does anybody know which mod (BUG or something?) provides this option; even better, does anybody know how I can disable it definitively ?

Thank you.

Are you sure thats not Flexible Difficultly, cause i left that ON in my UserSettings?:blush:

Are you sure thats not Flexible Difficultly, cause i left that ON in my UserSettings?:blush:

Yes, perhaps it was "flexible difficulty" - I'll start a couple of games with that disabled and then test to see if the difficulty still changes during the game.

Thank you for your prompt aide.

Hey.

Got a suggestion for making ocean plots dangerous to early eras as well as forcing later eras to be more cautious when traversing oceans;
Have Weather as units. Can have several different ones from Str 2 and up. These Weather units wouldn't move around as much as other units (1 in 5 they move), would dissipate after a random amount of turns, and would only be able to defend. To get past a Weather a ship has to manage to traverse the weather, i.e. fight to survive against the rough weather. Weather already exists with events; improvements or buildings destroyed.

For instance:
Gale: Str 2 (Move 1)
Storm: Str 5 (Move 2)
Strong Storm: Str 10 (Move 3)
Thunderstorm: Str 15 (Move 4)
Hurricane: Str 25 (Move 6)
Typhoon: Str 40 (Move 8)

Cheers.

Hi there. First time to post in this forum, I discovered C2C not too long ago. Loving it so far.

The black screen issues are happening for me as well. This is only happening on v12, it never happened on v11 at all. Most of the time (~80%) this happens, but sometimes I get a normal screen.

When I do have normal graphics, it remains that way until I close out of the game, even if I load a different saved game or start a new game. This makes me think that (when getting the black screen) something is going wrong with the initialization of Civ4/C2C as the game is started.

I'm running Windows Vista, and I always launch the game using Administrator rights.

Hi there. First time to post in this forum, I discovered C2C not too long ago. Loving it so far.

The black screen issues are happening for me as well. This is only happening on v12, it never happened on v11 at all. Most of the time (~80%) this happens, but sometimes I get a normal screen.

When I do have normal graphics, it remains that way until I close out of the game, even if I load a different saved game or start a new game. This makes me think that (when getting the black screen) something is going wrong with the initialization of Civ4/C2C as the game is started.

I'm running Windows Vista, and I always launch the game using Administrator rights.

Try this, move the Custom Leadersheads folder to your Desktop then try a game.

Hello,

I'm new to CFC and I REALLY like this idea for a mod. However, whenever I try to play, if I click on Single player, then the game loads for a few minutes then says I have a runtime error. I've tried re downloading the mod a few times but it keeps doing the same thing. Does anyone have any suggestions on what I should do? I run Vista 32bit with 3 MB RAM and 15 GB free space.

Salve,

After playing AND for well over a year I stumbled upon C2C, I think I owe someone my firstborn son, or at least a steak dinner. This mod is hands down the best I've ever played. With that being said I have 4 questions. 1. (Without sounding like a colossal jerk) roughly how much longer until the tech tree is filled. 2. Is there any sort of plan for adding new Civs any time soon? 3. I often run into this really weird issue where there is NO COPPER TO BE FOUND, this happens often, I'm lucky if there are 3 copper resources on a huge map and it's detrimental to gameplay, dunno what's going on there. 4. Where can I get the opening song? Thanks a million -OP3

Salve,

After playing AND for well over a year I stumbled upon C2C, I think I owe someone my firstborn son, or at least a steak dinner. This mod is hands down the best I've ever played. With that being said I have 4 questions. 1. (Without sounding like a colossal jerk) roughly how much longer until the tech tree is filled. 2. Is there any sort of plan for adding new Civs any time soon? 3. I often run into this really weird issue where there is NO COPPER TO BE FOUND, this happens often, I'm lucky if there are 3 copper resources on a huge map and it's detrimental to gameplay, dunno what's going on there. 4. Where can I get the opening song? Thanks a million -OP3

:D I could go for a steak dinner. :lol: But thank you. I shall try to answer your questions the best I can.

1. Its hard to say; the prehistoric era is pretty much set however other eras I would like to add stuff too since most of what was put in place was done by Zappra. Things I would like to add are cultural techs such as music and dance related techs. I also would like to stick in some alternative timeline techs such as Steampunk, Dieselpunk and Cyberpunk. Not to mention as the Galactic Era gets filled in we may need to tweak the end of the tree. In short it will never be completely filled in however some new tech additions now and then will probably happen.

2. Now this is a more difficult question. We are moving to a more adaptable system where not only is every civ unique but its not limited to the old civ 4 style civs. We would like to combine it with the Dynamic Traits system so your leader can change its traits depending upon how you play. Meanwhile your culture will changed depending upon your empires terrain, religions and civic choices. This means different "embassies" will be unlocked and you will get different unique units and/or building depending upon how you play. For example you could pick the Greeks as your civ but end up with the Inuit Embassy because of your tundra location and have their unique units to fight with. So yes there will be many many civilizations to choose from as you play. For more on this please look at this thread.

3. This just sound like you are unlucky. What map do you play on?

4. Glad you liked it. It was made by brentalfloss on YouTube. You can see more of his cazy songs here.

I am curious if anyone else has been having trouble with neanderthals in the newest version of c2c. I don't mean that they are tough or that they come out of no where to ruin your scouts and animals' days, but that there seems to be a spawn issue (at least for me).

To set the stage I have tested my sessions in which this "bug" has been repeated under the following conditions: 3 continents, world builder map type, giant sized, 14 civs (4 civs for each continent), aggressive/ruthless AI, barbarian generals, increasing difficulty on both prince and monarch, snail speed and a few other options selected (such as no vassals and divine prophets but I do not think there is a correlation).

Routinely my continent is beset with neanderthals and just about zero animals. Animals are there at the start but a mass extinction seems to occur before 6000BC and only neanderthals will spawn. On the two other continents one will be the correct mix of animals to neanderthals and another seems to have almost only animals.

Is this happening to anyone else and if so, does anyone know how to set the balance right again?

Thank you.

I am curious if anyone else has been having trouble with neanderthals in the newest version of c2c. I don't mean that they are tough or that they come out of no where to ruin your scouts and animals' days, but that there seems to be a spawn issue (at least for me).

To set the stage I have tested my sessions in which this "bug" has been repeated under the following conditions: 3 continents, world builder map type, giant sized, 14 civs (4 civs for each continent), aggressive/ruthless AI, barbarian generals, increasing difficulty on both prince and monarch, snail speed and a few other options selected (such as no vassals and divine prophets but I do not think there is a correlation).

Routinely my continent is beset with neanderthals and just about zero animals. Animals are there at the start but a mass extinction seems to occur before 6000BC and only neanderthals will spawn. On the two other continents one will be the correct mix of animals to neanderthals and another seems to have almost only animals.

Is this happening to anyone else and if so, does anyone know how to set the balance right again?

Thank you.

Neanderthals only spawn on the resources ivory, bison and deer and only if no one can "see" the resource. Animals will only spawn where there is enough space for them which is based on the number of plots that no one (including barbarians) can 'see". You can tone down the neanderthal spawn rate in the Neanderthal.ini file in the Caveman2Coamos/privatesettings folder

Neanderthals only spawn on the resources ivory, bison and deer and only if no one can "see" the resource. Animals will only spawn where there is enough space for them which is based on the number of plots that no one (including barbarians) can 'see". You can tone down the neanderthal spawn rate in the Neanderthal.ini file in the Caveman2Coamos/privatesettings folder

I did not find a /privatesettings folder or Neaderthal.ini, but I was able to find both a Neaderthal Spawn.xml and .ini. The .ini states it was created by the BUG Mod and points at the XML page, which I assumes actually governs it? Within the XML ManyChance ... ="3" and FewChance ... ="5" looks like what I want to mess around with. If I increase those numbers, less neaderthals will spawn? By any chance do those numbers equate to units spawned per turn?

I do enjoy the neaderthals and I do want to keep them in my matches, they are a lovely and challenging addition when they do not take away from my hunts ;)

I did not find a /privatesettings folder or Neaderthal.ini, but I was able to find both a Neaderthal Spawn.xml and .ini. The .ini states it was created by the BUG Mod and points at the XML page, which I assumes actually governs it? Within the XML ManyChance ... ="3" and FewChance ... ="5" looks like what I want to mess around with. If I increase those numbers, less neaderthals will spawn? By any chance do those numbers equate to units spawned per turn?

I do enjoy the neaderthals and I do want to keep them in my matches, they are a lovely and challenging addition when they do not take away from my hunts ;)

Sorry it is UserSettings/Neanderthal Spawn.ini. Don't change the XML file. The INI file is created at first from the XML but if it exists it contains your preferences. I a part way to getting these options in the BUG screen, I think.

The numbers are percentage probabilities. The original INI file I uploaded looked like the following with some instructions in it, but that was not the one put in the release.
Spoiler :
Code:
# NeanderthalSpawn
#
# Created by Dancing Hoskuld.
#
# I have used three methods for deciding when a Neanderthal is spawned.  
#
# Few and Some use the same generation code but Few rolls a "dice" at the
# start of a turn to decide if any Neanderthals should spawn this turn.
# FewChance is this probability.
#
# Some uses the size of the map and game sifficulty to calculate the 
# number of units spawned each turn.
#
# Many checks each valid spawn plot each turn and "rolls" agains ManyChance
# to spawn units on that plot.

[General]
# Enable Neanderthal barbarian units to spawn.
# Default: True

NeanderthalSpawn__Enabled = False

[Spawn Rate]
# How often should neanderthal barbarians spawn?

# Method used 1=Few, 2=Some, 3=Many
# Default: 1

Method = 1

# Probability per plot that a Neanderthal will spawn with Many option.
# Default: 3

ManyChance = 3

# Probability per turn that a Neanderthal will spawn with Few option.
# Default: 5

FewChance = 5

Recently played a game on version 12 and was dissapointed to find the Pirate civ missing :-(.

Unfortunately not played it long enough to experience most ofthe new content from this version, it still plays slow for me but then I think it always will as I'm running with the bare minimum of hardware required, got a small map playing on eternity and about 700 turns in it's about 30 seconds a turn...I think and the screen flickers oddly between each turn....not sure what is causing that.

I like how the resources have been sorted out though, should make it easier to build those ships (once I reach the required tech!!).

Are there any plans on changing the space-race construction screen.....is it even possible?, might be nice to have some other ship parts to use, even more-so from the alternative tech-tree branches, steam-punk spaceship anyone?

Top Bottom