Caveman 2 Cosmos

I suggest you post the link in tbe multiplayer and LP thread. You could also pjt it in your signature.

Playing the latest version that was uploaded to the crime thread. It's early, haven't got sedentary lifestyle yet. I went into Worldbuilder to check out promotions and when I clicked on a unit and went to promotions the field was blank. WAD?

Did you use your Previous User settings folder for this new Game with the latest SVN 9265 version? If you did then that could be your answer.

I posted iirc that you need to start a new game using Play Now 1st with the Blank User Setings folder that come with the Mod (Not replacing it with your Old user Settings folder). Then after 1 turn of play on the Play Now game, exit it and then go start a new Custom Game. On it's 1st turn then go into BUG and set all your Options up. Save the game twice in a row. This resets the User Setting folder.

If you did all that I described then the WB is DH's headache. But if you did not then you caused the blank field for Promotions (and probably many more problems down the road for that game).

JosEPh

<deleted>

Did you use your Previous User settings folder for this new Game with the latest SVN 9265 version? If you did then that could be your answer.

I posted iirc that you need to start a new game using Play Now 1st with the Blank User Setings folder that come with the Mod (Not replacing it with your Old user Settings folder). Then after 1 turn of play on the Play Now game, exit it and then go start a new Custom Game. On it's 1st turn then go into BUG and set all your Options up. Save the game twice in a row. This resets the User Setting folder.

If you did all that I described then the WB is DH's headache. But if you did not then you caused the blank field for Promotions (and probably many more problems down the road for that game).

JosEPh

Deleted the mod completely and replaced it with the latest SVN. Did as you said: started game with Play Now 1st for one turn, exited and then started a custom game and set the BUG options. Still blank promotion screen.

@rwglaub,
Even with a new User setting File being created?

I do know DH has had some problems with WB. I rarely use it.

JosEPh

Where do i know which version am I ? I can't pass a certain turn after a thousand, runtime cease to function, something like that.

Where do i know which version am I ? I can't pass a certain turn after a thousand, runtime cease to function, something like that.
How did you get the mod?

I got it from Moddb. Does it require to download the files from the Crime Patch thread to be up to date ? And how does one update if it is the case, because i tried a bit but it ended in failure to launch the mod afterward.

I got it from Moddb. Does it require to download the files from the Crime Patch thread to be up to date ? And how does one update if it is the case, because i tried a bit but it ended in failure to launch the mod afterward.

To get the very latest version of Caveman2Cosmos use this link to this post and do exactly as it says. The post includes the download link from my Dropbox acct.

http://forums.civfanatics.com/showpost.php?p=14370690&postcount=105

And Welcome to Caveman2Cosmos. :)

JosEPh

@rwglaub,
Even with a new User setting File being created?

I do know DH has had some problems with WB. I rarely use it.

JosEPh

Yes. While I can't see the big spread out colorful promotion icons, I can access the list of promitions on the right part of the screen, where they are listed alphabetically after you click on the link.

Sorry if this was asked before, but is a "stable" version in the works? I d/l the svn every few weeks, but would like to know if something is in the works. I't s been almost a year now since V36...I like to burn a DVD with each version rather than use the SVN (for what I hope are obvious reasons). It does not matter in the short run, but in the long run I want to know if I can burn a new DVD.

Sorry if this was asked before, but is a "stable" version in the works? I d/l the svn every few weeks, but would like to know if something is in the works. I't s been almost a year now since V36...I like to burn a DVD with each version rather than use the SVN (for what I hope are obvious reasons). It does not matter in the short run, but in the long run I want to know if I can burn a new DVD.

We try to make each official release "stable". But....and there is always that, bugs do get thru.

While we do still have some issues so far this latest SVN is pretty stable. And I've been thinking maybe now would be a good point to Release a New version so that we can stop dealing with old "fixed" bugs from v36. And I agree it's been almost, if not a full year, since v36 was released. It really is time but the Team is in flux with some real life issues of late. Maybe we can get a consensus going amongst ourselves on this subject.

JosEPh

We try to make each official release "stable". But....and there is always that, bugs do get thru.

While we do still have some issues so far this latest SVN is pretty stable. And I've been thinking maybe now would be a good point to Release a New version so that we can stop dealing with old "fixed" bugs from v36. And I agree it's been almost, if not a full year, since v36 was released. It really is time but the Team is in flux with some real life issues of late. Maybe we can get a consensus going amongst ourselves on this subject.

JosEPh

nonononononononono.

The restructuring that may need to take place on the AI player split off project is still going to be breaking saves right and left soon and I don't think it would be good to release 2 versions that won't be supported for bugs and crashes for very long.

I'm soon to have a lot more bandwidth to work on things than I had. Probably best to still be patient here.

nonononononononono.

The restructuring that may need to take place on the AI player split off project is still going to be breaking saves right and left soon and I don't think it would be good to release 2 versions that won't be supported for bugs and crashes for very long.

I'm soon to have a lot more bandwidth to work on things than I had. Probably best to still be patient here.

Well I suppose I could keep putting up "patches" then. :rolleyes::p

I just think even a v36.5 release using the current SVN and having SO put it up on ModDb and here at CFC would cut back on the flow of v36 Official release bug and ctd posts. And the constant explaining of Why we can't go back and fix what has already been fixed. And Why we had to break things and Why you need a New User Settings folder and why......yada yada yada. Get what I mean?! Even if an upcoming SVN version will Break SGC again or even multiple times we can stop dealing with year old release issues.

But hey, just a suggestion, you da boss! ;)

JosEPh :)

Every time I load up a save game I get asked if I want to recalculate the values, even though nothing has changed.

Every time I load up a save game I get asked if I want to recalculate the values, even though nothing has changed.

Something had to change or it would not continue to come up. And you are the only one reporting this type problem. Which needs to be posted in the Bug and crash thread.

JosEPh

Something had to change or it would not continue to come up. And you are the only one reporting this type problem. Which needs to be posted in the Bug and crash thread.

JosEPh

It has been this way since we did the separation of the animals:(, and TB does know about this, as far as i know . . .

It has been this way since we did the separation of the animals:(, and TB does know about this, as far as i know . . .

I don't see this and I'm running multiple games almost every day.

But the Turn EoT processing time is shooting up dramatically after you hit turn 200 on any Game Speed.

At turn 200 I have a 1min 15sec EoT wait. But now when I hit turn 265 it's up to 3+ mins.

I tried changing the # of Threads for City Pipeline from 4 down to 2 and it went to 5+ mins (Afforess A New Dawn Global Defines). It been awhile since it's been this bad for me.

JosEPh

1) The recalc trigger is mysterious and has always been a little wonky. I'll have to identify where that code is and how it works someday. I've never worked on it directly as its Koshling's baby. But this is not the first time some have found it coming up every time they load. I was not aware some were attributing it to the animal split though.

2) The turn time issue is a very real and nasty bug I'll be working on soon.

Top Bottom