Civ V - One World Speculation Thread!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I suspect somebody from 2K has read this thread by now so they already know that we know... This 'may' accelarate an anouncement! Lets see.

As for the game itself. I really really hope we get international trade routes. (sounds likely by the game title) If not, I'll be very upset! :)

I suspect somebody from 2K has read this thread by now so they already know that we know... This 'may' accelarate an anouncement! Lets see.

We are, of course, assuming that the leak was unintentional.

Is it embarrassingly obvious that I care way too much about this?

Does this apply for all of us here? :lol:

What should I say?
I don't even have the game, and look at all the Civ V threads I'm posting in :lol:

Spoiler :
After the overall dissappointment when Civ V came out - as it really was huge for most hardcore fans of the civilization franchise - and with the DLC system being introduced, I swore I won't buy it unless at least 2 full expansions come out for it, adding tons of the missing stuff, and generally improving every aspect of the game (and of course until the period of countless bugfixes/patches are over)
Guess (hope?) I can finally start to think about getting it after all :)

I posted a quick blurb on GameSpy about this. Hopefully it will knock some official confirmation loose.

You are way too slow with reporting it back to CFC
News spread as fast as lightning here :)

I think it'd be interesting to see rice added, but as a resource like wheat, which gives a tile bonus rather than used as a luxury resource. You could also add other resources of that nature, like potatoes, etc. Then, give those resources the ability to be traded.

So, say you have a worked potato tile and a wheat tile. If your city is doing well, perhaps you could trade the wheat to give someone else +1 production and +1 food, while leaving you the extra 2 food from the worked tile. That would allow for more trading options and give those tiles a bit more meaning in my opinion.

I think it'd be interesting to see rice added, but as a resource like wheat, which gives a tile bonus rather than used as a luxury resource. You could also add other resources of that nature, like potatoes, etc. Then, give those resources the ability to be traded.

So, say you have a worked potato tile and a wheat tile. If your city is doing well, perhaps you could trade the wheat to give someone else +1 production and +1 food, while leaving you the extra 2 food from the worked tile. That would allow for more trading options and give those tiles a bit more meaning in my opinion.
That doesn't really work within the current frame, as the +1 Food or Production is city specific, so you can't just trade it to someone else, it needs to be tied up with a city.

That's not saying I'm against trading bonus resources, quite on the contrary I very much am for it, but it would need to be coupled with a general change of how these works, i.e. either back to Civ 4 mechanics where having a resource provides you a bonus in all your city, or to a new system where each plot provides a number of resources similar to how strategic resources work, and then you assign these to cities/buildings (or consume them when building buildings) in order to get the bonus. I would go for the latter for balance reasons, as otherwise a single plot can give you unlimited amounts of food/production (1 for each city).

That doesn't really work within the current frame, as the +1 Food or Production is city specific, so you can't just trade it to someone else, it needs to be tied up with a city.

That's not saying I'm against trading bonus resources, quite on the contrary I very much am for it, but it would need to be coupled with a general change of how these works, i.e. either back to Civ 4 mechanics where having a resource provides you a bonus in all your city, or to a new system where each plot provides a number of resources similar to how strategic resources work, and then you assign these to cities/buildings (or consume them when building buildings) in order to get the bonus. I would go for the latter for balance reasons, as otherwise a single plot can give you unlimited amounts of food/production (1 for each city).

They could also introduce a Global Health System akin to Happiness one, where Bonus resources would provide health to your GHS. On the contrary, the each city could have Health, and a bonus resource within your territory provides +2 Health in EACH city (which could in theory be an overpoweR), while a traded bonus resource would provide +1 in EACH city.

It's really fascinating that this non-confirmed tidbit already created 8 pages of discussion. It's even more fascinating that everytime there's a discussion on civilization. As if the decision for inclusion of one civ over the other would rank them in a way and be important. For most of the wanted civs, there's already a mod around after all.

From the title on, I do expect something related to Diplomatic Victory. A Health/Bonus Ressource system could also be imaginable, but that would need a overhaul of the map generator it seems. There are not many of those ressources after all. But I'm not sure what distinct purpose it could have. After all, civ 5 tries to create simple systems (compare espionage and religion to the itinerations of civ4). I could see a simple system where you can assign those ressources to cities to help them grow, but not much more. Again, simple systems.

As for the civs, I'd like to see the Bantu and not the Zulu, Shaka can still be the leader and the Impi the UU, but at least we'd have a refreshing city list :) I'd also expect the Inuit, civ 5 with its big focus on the map/territory and specialized civs seems the perfect civ game for them to be included (like Polynesia). They'd offer very unique gameplay style. As for the others, I hope for Israel (as a espionage-focused civ), Poland and Morocco. Suprises could be Brazil, but not Portugal, or Australia. Or an ancient Indian or South East Asian civ for more diversity (Chola?). Indonesia seems likely and would probably be a surprise for anyone outside this forum :)

Enough about the Bantu. It's bad enough that they've lumped all the Polynesians into one civ, but Africa is way too diverse for something like that - imagine if they lumped all of Europe into one giant civilization of Europa

meh, I just don't like Shaka ;)

They tend to cycle through General-Specific civ. They had the Iroquois in civ 3 and 5 and the Native Americans in 4. There's other examples as well. They will split up the Polynesians in the next instalment or so :)

But again, talking about civs should be discouraged as it is so mostly pointless. Nevermind that I do it myself...

meh, I just don't like Shaka ;)

They tend to cycle through General-Specific civ. They had the Iroquois in civ 3 and 5 and the Native Americans in 4. There's other examples as well. They will split up the Polynesians in the next instalment or so :)

But again, talking about civs should be discouraged as it is so mostly pointless. Nevermind that I do it myself...

Yes, I too was annoyed by the fact that there was a "Native American" civilization in Civ IV.

Enough about the Bantu. It's bad enough that they've lumped all the Polynesians into one civ, but Africa is way too diverse for something like that - imagine if they lumped all of Europe into one giant civilization of Europa

You have met the European Union Empire! :lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom