Civs missing from legit BNW

RocketRay

Chieftain
After not playing much of anything for awhile (was BZ changing diapers and the like) I got back into Civ several months ago. Then they had a Steam sale where I picked up G&K and BNW. Now when I play I have one G&K civ (Ethiopia), but not others like Carthage and the Netherlands.

What gives? I really want to learn what a Dido can be. :)

You can check in the DLC screen of the game if Gods and Kings has been activated and properly installed. Seems to me like a simple checking error.

Seems that you just have G&Is unchecked from your dlc menu. Ethiopia will still be playable with BNW though, because it comes with both.

Certainly check the DLC screen first. If G&K is enabled, then one alternative is to see whether you specified your opponents in an earlier game setup. The game remembers your choices. Go to the Advanced Setup screen to check.

G&K isn't listed in the DLC menu, only BNW. So I must've only gotten BNW on sale. :(

Oh well, guess I'll have to wait for the next one.

BTW thanks Steam for porting Civ 5 to Linux. Had to install Ubuntu instead of my usual Fedora, but at least I don't have to reboot into Windoze anymore!

Make sure you check in Steam itself, you might have G&K unchecked in Steam's own DLC menu. If that's not the case, then indeed you missed G&K, but fortunately it's often on sale through various outlets.

Not in the Steam DLC either. I think my reasoning was, I assumed BNW would have G&K as well. I assumed wrong. :(

Top Bottom