Civ4 BTS v3.19 Patch

You have been warned . . . Not my fault . . . yadda yadda . . .
:lol:
Would that all legalese be so simple.

I've noticed a graphical bug. Playing a save from 3.17, I have several cities that I have moved Jets that were flying CAP over the city. These cities still show the jets circling overhead but of course the jets are where they're supposed to be. Doesn't happen every time. They remain (graphically) until I reload the game. Makes me look well protected.

Thanks, Guys. :goodjob:

Funny, my game was bought on gamesplanet so I hadn't installed the new patch yet. Read here that it didn't required the cd anymore and thought why not? And guess what? It worked!

On a side note: it's more a resource hog than 3.17, or is it just my impression? The games got slower.

Maybe it just starts slower when you don't use the CD... I haven't tried it with the CD yet.

Funny, my game was bought on gamesplanet so I hadn't installed the new patch yet. Read here that it didn't required the cd anymore and thought why not? And guess what? It worked!

On a side note: it's more a resource hog than 3.17, or is it just my impression? The games got slower.

The only resource hog that I've noticed isn't really related to CIV out of the box+patched - it's BlueMarble and primarily the BM Cloud Layer vs the default. When zooming out the BM Cloud Layer brings my system to a crawl:
Win2K, AMD 64 2800+, 2.0Gig's Ram and Nvidia 7600 GT 256MB.

But it always did that, though was a bit of a pain tracking down the exact cause.

As for Win7, you can download the Beta and its good til ~Mar.2010

This thing is seriously unstable in Windows 7. I've tried twice and it's frozen twice. First time I couldn't even get a map generated, second time it froze about 50 turns into the game. ugh.

I know it doesn't help you, but I have had no problems with this patch on Windows 7, either 32bit or 64bit, having played a large number of turns on both.

i have a 3.17 normal save game that keeps crashing at the same point. applied 3.19 and it still crashes. (~turn 1150) is that normal?

also, i tried to play RTW 1936 global hitler, and i didn't even see germany listed as a choice. i picked stalin and the game starts by saying "you were defeated" b4 i did anything.

i thought official mods that came with BTS like RTW would work with 3.19, is this not the case?

I noticed that too. I have to shut down almost everything on my 4Ghz, 4Gram, 9600gt, 2T(total spread across 5 drives). with 3.17 I can run about 6-7 programs along with Civ, but 3.19 I can only run about 3-4.

If the new patch is more of a resource hog, then I'll stay at 3.17. I can only play Small maps or less now on my laptop :(

I have to say I have the latest patch and it runs fine, in fact it is much faster... But I didnt install BUG or Blue marble yet...

i have a 3.17 normal save game that keeps crashing at the same point. applied 3.19 and it still crashes. (~turn 1150) is that normal?

also, i tried to play RTW 1936 global hitler, and i didn't even see germany listed as a choice. i picked stalin and the game starts by saying "you were defeated" b4 i did anything.

i thought official mods that came with BTS like RTW would work with 3.19, is this not the case?

can someone help me? i'm a dopey noob. i did read the whole thread but if i missed something i prob didn't understand it.

If you have a bug, post a save. It's the only way for people to know what you are taking about.

As for the mods, if you use a mod that you downloaded from this website, you have to wait for the creator to update the mod to 3.19.

This bug, from upgraded 3.17 games, is really causing problems within our PBEM league. When you open the save it is the other players turn, on pause. It has nothing to do with altroot.

The bug is also random. I'm playing several PBEM games, but this has happened with only one of my opponents with saved games that I'm sending. With one game I'm playing the bug will appear if my opponent uses his work computer, but doesn't appear from his home computer.

Attachments

• BvC_BC-1780_to_Bob.CivBeyondSwordSave
    193.6 KB · Views: 45
This bug, from upgraded 3.17 games, is really causing problems within our PBEM league. When you open the save it is the other players turn, on pause. It has nothing to do with altroot.

The bug is also random. I'm playing several PBEM games, but this has happened with only one of my opponents with saved games that I'm sending. With one game I'm playing the bug will appear if my opponent uses his work computer, but doesn't appear from his home computer.
I had this issue too - but I was using AltRoot. I did have the problem reoccur (no altroot) when I used a short cut into the ''Beyond the Sword v319' folder under 'prog files'.

How is the player with the problem starting civ v319?

Since then, I manually rename my 'Beyond the Sword' (swapping back and forth via renaming as required - see below) folder under 'prog files' and use the same short cut (or just double click the save) and I haven't had a problem.

I had this issue too - but I was using AltRoot. I did have the problem reoccur (no altroot) when I used a short cut into the ''Beyond the Sword v319' folder under 'prog files'.

How is the player with the problem starting civ v319?

Since then, I manually rename my 'Beyond the Sword' (swapping back and forth via renaming as required - see below) folder under 'prog files' and use the same short cut (or just double click the save) and I haven't had a problem.

I'm one of the ones with the problem, but the only game I'm having problems with is the one I attached. Everyone else gets my save files with no bug. It just doesn't make any sense to me. It seems like it would happen to all of my saves, or none.

This may sound silly, but can we have a list of all the found bugs so far in 3.19

Top Bottom