Civilopedia 5 online

Now that I've figured out a way to automatically create the images instead of clipping each one out manually, there's a chance the BNW update will be out on the day the game is released; I just need to figure out where all of the new content is located, how the existing content has changed, and how everything links together with the new stuff. :)

Great! Any luck finding that out? :)

Hope the BNW version appears soon, I've been checking the page every hour. Can't wait to read about the new stuff before the game gets released here....

Whew, took a while to revise everything but it's finally done! Updated to include the new content from Brave New World! :D

Wow, that's impressive! I used your site extensively when creating my charts (including the images), and for a while I was worried about where I was going to get the images for BNW from, so thank your very much for updating it the day of the release!

I have one small criticism, however. It seems like all of the new images are shifted southeast a bit. This is best seen with the Indonesia logo, where it seems like there is too much bronze at the top-left, and not enough at the bottom-right, especially compared to the in-game Civilopedia. This isn't too big of a deal, but I thought it's something you should be aware of. Thanks again!

Edit: I think the icons in the in-game Civilopedia are different from the icons in the "Select Civilization" screen, and it looks like you picked the ones from the "Select Civilization" screen, as I'm seeing the same weird Indonesian logo there, but not in the Civilopedia.

Thanks Nebular! We really appreciate your efforts.

I think you might have missed the Polder, either that or the programmers forgot about it when creating the Civilopedia this time. Or is the Netherlands the only civ now with one Unique improvement? Can't check myself for 2 more days.

Thanks Nebular! We really appreciate your efforts.

I think you might have missed the Polder, either that or the programmers forgot about it when creating the Civilopedia this time. Or is the Netherlands the only civ now with one Unique improvement? Can't check myself for 2 more days.

Yeah, the Polder's in the in-game Civilopedia, but not the online one. Looks like he missed it.

Edit: Actually, the page is still up with the old Polder logo (silver outline instead of bronze). It's just not linked to on The Netherlands page.

terracotta army effect is missing.

Edit: most of the technologies are not updated with BNW effects, like increase trade route or range etc.

Updated! The overriding, deleting, and updating of stuff through the XML files turned out to be a bit of a twisty-turny-headachy mess but I think it's sorted out. Turns out there's a lot more new stuff on the pages than I thought. I'm hoping I got it all this time. :)

The Galleass page is looking a little funky.

Edit: List of pages that have this problem:

Hey Nebu, just another quick observation: All the technologies disappeared! Seems like this version's xml files are troublesome. Also, does the United Nations Wonder has it's own page or was it removed with the addition of the World Congress?
Anyways, good job as always! :goodjob:
(Only 15 hours more to play)

Dang, I left a debug filter in place for the Techs which is why only one of them showed up. I've corrected this and the messed up Unit pages. Anything that had an Upgraded Unit entry was messed up and trying to show the info twice.

The United Nations Wonder was removed entirely from the game as the conditions for a Cultural Victory have changed. There's a line in the XML files to completely remove it from the Civilopedia.

@Nebular, I see the vanilla Civilopedia link is still available, and the BNW Civilopedia link replaced the G&K Civilopedia link. So does the G&K Civilopedia still exists? I ask, because I'm still playing some G&K GMR games. :)

@Nebular, I see the vanilla Civilopedia link is still available, and the BNW Civilopedia link replaced the G&K Civilopedia link. So does the G&K Civilopedia still exists? I ask, because I'm still playing some G&K GMR games. :)

I was about to say no since I had overwritten every in place until I remembered that everything is backed up using source control. Everything for G&K should be available at http://www.civilopedia.info/civilopedia/godsandkings/ once it's all done uploading! :)

Top Bottom