On our feet or on our knees?

Shall we eat crow or bite the dust?

• Crows are a good source of protein. (Peace at any price)

Votes: 2 25.0%
  • Dust isn't so bad with ketchup. (Lets go down fighting)

Votes: 6 75.0%
  • I'm not hungry. (Wake me when the next ISDG starts)

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Mayor of H-Marker Lake
GCA has unquestioned superiority on land and I've just recently learned they have launched a caravel (remember they have the circumnavigation bonus too).

As a result we have nothing really to negotiate with. Peace is likely going to require abandoning CBR, they may choose to go out fighting than make peace, and probably gift GCA feudalism. After such a peace we will be at GCA's mercy. My only hope is that we may be able to become their trusted ally in which case they may grant us gifts in return and agree to take us to the finals.

Would anyone be interested in playing such a game for maybe the next year or more? It probably wouldn't require much work and I'm interested in practicing my diplomacy so I for one am not ready to quit yet, but will we still have a team if we accept such a high price for peace with GCA?

Whats the big deal about a caravel? It can't carry any troops.

I don't see why we have to be so apologetic. Its expected that they will get the better end of a deal but we don't have to capitulate. Defending is one thing, attacking is another. We still have techs to trade around to catch us up a bit to GCA and they still have to make their way down to us giving us time to prepare defences

They can build caravels to protect their galleys. And even if they don't send troops they can easily sink our fleet and pillage our tiles. I think it’s a significant development.

I was hopping that my ass kissing would get us better terms, but it didn't seem to count for much.

You can see the offer they made. We give them Feudalism in exchange for vague promises then do nothing while they destroy our ally. It's a deal that gives us nothing. I'd be much happier with capitulation but it doesn't look like that option is on the table.

EDIT: According to the poll the team is currently in favor of rejecting this peace offer.

They can build caravels to protect their galleys. And even if they don't send troops they can easily sink our fleet and pillage our tiles. I think it’s a significant development.

I was hopping that my ass kissing would get us better terms, but it didn't seem to count for much.

You can see the offer they made. We give them Feudalism in exchange for vague promises then do nothing while they destroy our ally. It's a deal that gives us nothing. I'd be much happier with capitulation but it doesn't look like that option is on the table.

EDIT: According to the poll the team is currently in favor of rejecting this peace offer.

We give them nothing for vague promises, its that simple. Can we ask them if we got CBR to stop attacking them if they would consider a peace deal for both. Also keep in mind we have some power here too. GCA isn't going to win the game if it has to continue a war on 2 fronts, they need us as much as we need them if we are to progress.

We do not have the troops to be fighting a war right now. We really need to build up our empire and make a better economy before we can even consider to attack someone else.

Don't have to attack, just defend for now.

It will take a lot of resources to eliminate us. I suggest we keep trying for peace, but not at any price. Build up a defensive force, but don't use it to invade. If the cease-fire expires, so be it. This way we can concentrate on our economy while flipping off GCA.

Wow 6:1 in favor of rejecting peace!

OK the deal is I have run out of time (or inclination) to submit another offer to GCA. Anyway nothing has changed in our relative positions so I don't see why they would be more willing to give in now. The 10 turn cease fire began in 540 AD so we have a few turns left, but unless someone else want to try and make an offer we should prepare for the imminent resumption of hostilities.

Maybe 20 or 30 turns of grinding warfare when they attempt to attack us might change their minds to offer us a better deal.

Time is up. We need to give GCA our answer. Let me know what you think of this. It means we will be giving them nothing for peace.

Dear GCA,

Thank you for allowing us the time to consider your peace offer but we have decided that we should not surrender our technology. You have asked for a demonstration of good will and we feel we are entitled to the same. We are prepared to demonstrate our willingness for friendship by negotiate exchanges of technology, resources and units which are favorable to your team, but we will not give up our negotiating advantage.

Besides the benefits of peace and the value of our potential trades now and in the future far out way the value of Feudalism.

The peace offers from both sides have been full of interesting and mutually beneficial trade suggestions; we look forward to implementing most of them.

In Peace,
Team CFC

Why do we give them an answer..

Have they asked for one yet?

LEt them contact us and then see how they ask... Seriously dont talk to them in chat get them to actually send us something or declare war. IF they declare, you simply send an email asking why?

We asked for a cease fire so that we could negotiate a peace. Our response to their last proposal is already long over due, so I feel we owe them an answer.

Also I don't see what stopping the dialog now accomplishes for us. We need to know where we stand with them one way or the other.

we gain one or two turns of peace... confusion is a weapon also. If they dont know what we are doing then they have to decide is it worth it. Seriously..what are you going to say..no peace come and attack us. if thats the case why send the message, just prepare for their attack and dont send anything unless they contact us.

Its not lying since we are still discussing it.

I agree. Just remain silent. If they ask, say we're still discussing as many of our members have been inactive.

It gives us a few more turns to build up defense should they decide to eliminate us. And it might prove to be important.

Edit: After all, they are attacking CBR now so I think they will leave us alone, at least for now.

Top Bottom