Plans for turns 40-70

I think there might some coastal resources out there still. We haven't explore the whole shoreline yet. Also, we might wanna check mainteinance (spell?) costs as we expand, cause we don't wanna get cities too far from our capital before we can spam courthouses.

Judging by how spaced apart resources are I'd say this is probably a fairly large dangit map and thus distance maitenance will probably be less than the norm. Organized with cheap courthouses and expansion shouldn't be a problem, in fact I think we should expand like mad once the oracle is complete. Settlers, workers, immortals and some axemen (for barb spears) and we won't need much else for a while.

Judging by how spaced apart resources are I'd say this is probably a fairly map and thus distance maitenance will probably be less than the norm.
Did you miss a word in there? :confused:

Organized with cheap courthouses and expansion shouldn't be a problem, in fact I think we should expand like mad once the oracle is complete. Settlers, workers, immortals and some axemen (for barb spears) and we won't need much else for a while.
Indeed. Once we complete the Oracle, it's time for some "insanely rapid expansion (IRX)" (TM).

:D

I think he means a fairy map, as in one where the normal laws of CIV don't exist and we win :D

Just noticed that it might be hard to understand what these alternatives mean in practice. Here is summary of main points:

I assume that all cases are identical until turn 39, when population has just raised to 5 and our 3rd warrior is ready. Slight changes are possible e.g. I've assumed 2 chops before we start Oracle. If we use 3 chops before it we could get Settler a turn earlier and possibly 1 Warrior before starting Oracle, but possibly lose a turn in getting Oracle. This is only possible if there are sufficient chopping power (i.e. at least 2 workers before settler).

1. Settler - Worker - Worker + Oracle 63
Settler ready on turn 47 and Titan founded on turn 52. Horses are online on turn 57. We also send the worker right after minig the riverside hill to horse city (will follow 1 turn behind). Lack of chopping power delays Oracle. 2 forests left.

2. Worker - Settler - Worker + Oracle 62

Settler ready on 50 and Titan founded on turn 55. Horses are online on turn 59 (Worker follows right away settler). 2 forests left.

3. Worker - Settler - Worker + Oracle 61

Settler ready on turn 50 and Titan founded on turn 55. Horses are online on turn 62, because Worker has to help in chopping before it can leave Saturn. 1 forest left

4. Worker - Worker - Settler + Oracle 60

These are approximations. Haven't done notes for this case.

Settler ready on turn 54 and Titan founded on turn 59. Horses are online on turn 64. No forests left. Note: Very tricky to achieve. Smallest of delays or problems will make this impossible.

My personal favorites are cases 2 and 3. We can delay desicion making and depending on the barb situation could either go for early horses or delay them 3 turns to get earlier Oracle.

My vote is for option 3. I am almost certain that other teams are planning on building this wonder as well, so a difference by 1 turn could really be the difference between getting it and missing it. The horses are only delayed by 3 turns and turn 62 should be enough time on Monarch. Even more so since immorals have 2 movement points, which can be extremely handly.

On top of that, we don't seem to have that many great city sites other than the horse city and the nearby floodplains city so the Oracle is more appealing that way. If we had some great city sites nearby with, say, grasslands, irrigated corn, gems, gold, etc., I would skip the Oracle and settle those instead -- but we don't.

I'll write more detailed description of worker movements and tile utilisation for cases 2 and 3. It could take couple of days because I want to verify that all things are right.

Basically option 2 is this (presented earlier):
Production schedule after 1st worker:
Warrior - Warrior (pop 5) - 2nd Worker - Settler - 3rd Worker - Oracle

Tile utilization:
Normally: Crab-sheep- 2*FP-riverside mine (if not ready, then forestedplainshill)
When building Oracle: Optimized to finish it at turn 62 using production tiles riverside mined hill, 1 mined plains hill and Forestedplainshill. Meanwhile making sure that writing is ready at the latest on turn 62.

Worker tasks:
1st: sheep-cottage-cottage-chop riverside hill-mine the hill-prechop grassland forest(not riverside)-Follow settler to improve horse city
2nd: Chop eastern plainsforestedhill - mine it - chop prechopped grasland forest (done by worker 1) - chop riverside grassland forest - start to build road to horse city
3rd Chop grasslandhill (west from Saturn) - mine it

Other:
On turn 46 slider was 50% to get 10 gold (didn't remeber to do this on turn 43).

Currently option 3 differs from this one so that 1st worker does these:
1st: sheep-cottage-cottage-chop riverside hill-mine the hill-prechop ricerside grassland forest (just 1 turn)- chop grassland forest SE from Saturn - Follow settler to improve horse city. After this 2nd worker could chop the riverside forest (after mining plainshill east from Saturn) and help worker 3 to chop the forestedplainshill west from Saturn. So that chop is finalized on turn 61.

ok with this information i'm ok with oracle building!

if plakos calcs are right, i'm voting for option 3 .. trying to get it very fast.

Here is detailed plan for getting oracle on turn 61 (so called option 3). I was able to optimize worker movements so that pasture is ready at turn 61. All starts from turn 42. At this point Bronze working has been just researched and research of Mystisicm is started. Our lone worker is 1 tile south from Saturn and is ready to start chop forest in there. Saturn is building Worker that will be ready in 3 turns (chop goes to next build Settler). The optimal case gives possibility to collect 5 gold after turn 42 so that Priesthood is still ready on turn 54. However if 10 gold is collected Priesthood is delayed to turn 55 and we'll had to delay worker chops (turn 54 to 55) 1 turn and horses are pastured 1 turn later than in the presented case. Therefore I recommend just to collect 5 gold so that very unprobable forest fire only removes 1 forest but doesn't cause unhappy face.

Turn : W1 : W2 : W3

42 : C : - : -
43 : C : - : -
44 : C : - : -
45 : Mi : Mo(E) : -
46 : Mi : C : -
47 : Mi : C : -
48 : Mi : C : -
49 : R : Mo(E) : -
50 : Mo(SE-NE) : Mi : -
51 : C : C : -
52 : C : C : -