Turn Player Instructions Template / Reference

DMOC

Mathematician
This is an attempt by me to help our team be more organized in our planning between turns. In our turn discussion thread, I propose that at the end of every turn, the turn player copy and paste this form below:

HTML:
[B]Turn Number / Date that was just played[/B]: Write the turn number followed by a date. Separate the two with a slash: "/".
[B]Major Issue[/B]: The turn player should write here what the most important issue in the turnset is that he thinks. (I'd say he/she but I don't think we have females here.)

[B]Events pertaining to SANCTA[/B]: Insert any events pertaining to SANCTA, including any declaration of wars, links to the SANCTA diplomacy thread, Great People issues, technological trades/advancement issues, the founding of a new city, the construction and/or planning of a wonder, a sudden rise in GNP or Power, etc.

[B]Events pertaining to Kazakhstan[/B]: (Same as SANCTA.)

[B]Events pertaining to Mad Scientists[/B]: (Same as SANCTA.)

[B]Events pertaining to Cavalieros[/B]: (Same as SANCTA.)

[B]Military Issues[/B]: Any issues relating to military, including wars, etc. that the next turn player needs to be aware of.

[B]Barbarian Issues[/B]: If any barbarians are threatening our cities, our turnplayer needs to know this before he opens up the game. There's a chance that someone could miss that barbarian axe which is 2 tiles away from one of our cities.

[B]Trades[/B]: List any resource and/or technological trades that should be conducted in the [I]next turnset[/I].

[B]City Build Instructions[/B]: Below, the turn player should write down the [I]next two builds[/I] of each city (be sure to add on to this list when we found more cities). If we're planning on building something long term in any city (such as a national or world wonder), then add that next to the next two city builds. If we can't agree on the city builds ... that's what discussion is for. :goodjob:
[LIST]
[*][U]Saturn[/U]-
[*][U]Titan[/U]-
[*][U]Rhea[/U]-
[*][U]Dione[/U]-
[*][U]Iapetus[/U]-
[/LIST]

[B]City Growth[/B]: The turn player should write down any plans being made about city growth (such as micromanaging a certain city to grow faster or slower, whipping a city, etc.).

[B]Great People[/B]: Any plans relating to great people should be listed here.

[B]Worker Instructions[/B]: Worker instructions should be listed here for those workers that need a new task the following turn.

[B]Espionage[/B]: List any espionage changes that we might have to make. In addition, if we have just gained visibility in another team's demographics or technological advancement, that should be listed here. Likewise, if any team has suddenly started to put their own espionage points on us.

[B]Scouting[/B]: Anything relating to scouting.

[B]Extras[/B]: Anything relevant that doesn't fit in an above category should be here, such as civics changes.

That will come out like this:

Spoiler :
Turn Number / Date that was just played: Write the turn number followed by a date. Separate the two with a slash: "/".

Major Issue: The turn player should write here what the most important issue in the turnset is that he thinks. (I'd say he/she but I don't think we have females here.)

Events pertaining to SANCTA: Insert any events pertaining to SANCTA, including any declaration of wars, links to the SANCTA diplomacy thread, Great People issues, technological trades/advancement issues, the founding of a new city, the construction and/or planning of a wonder, a sudden rise in GNP or Power, etc.

Events pertaining to Kazakhstan: (Same as SANCTA.)

Events pertaining to Mad Scientists: (Same as SANCTA.)

Events pertaining to Cavalieros: (Same as SANCTA.)

Military Issues: Any issues relating to military, including wars, etc. that the next turn player needs to be aware of.

Barbarian Issues: If any barbarians are threatening our cities, our turnplayer needs to know this before he opens up the game. There's a chance that someone could miss that barbarian axe which is 2 tiles away from one of our cities.

Trades: List any resource and/or technological trades that should be conducted in the next turnset.

City Build Instructions: Below, the turn player should write down the next two builds of each city (be sure to add on to this list when we found more cities). If we're planning on building something long term in any city (such as a national or world wonder), then add that next to the next two city builds. If we can't agree on the city builds ... that's what discussion is for. :goodjob:
  • Saturn-
  • Titan-
  • Rhea-
  • Dione-
  • Iapetus-

City Growth: The turn player should write down any plans being made about city growth (such as micromanaging a certain city to grow faster or slower, whipping a city, etc.).

Great People: Any plans relating to great people should be listed here.

Worker Instructions: Worker instructions should be listed here for those workers that need a new task the following turn.

Espionage: List any espionage changes that we might have to make. In addition, if we have just gained visibility in another team's demographics or technological advancement, that should be listed here. Likewise, if any team has suddenly started to put their own espionage points on us.

Scouting: Anything relating to scouting.

Extras: Anything relevant that doesn't fit in an above category should be here, such as civics changes.

I hope this will help our team be more organized. It looks like a lot but it will go by quickly if we know what we are doing. :)

IF THERE IS NOTHING NEEDED FOR A CERTAIN SECTION (SUCH AS IN THE "TRADES" SECTION IF WE AREN'T PLANNING ON TRADES), THEN THE TURN PLAYER SHOULD JUST ELIMINATE THAT SECTION FROM THE TEMPLATE.

On a final note, I'm hoping that the turnplayer should copy/paste whatever they wrote above into this thread, so this thread becomes like the turn tracker thread, but without the screenshots which slow down the page.

Nice work DMOC. I think we could even streamline this a bit more:

- What to do with each city
- Where to move units
- Anything else

The "anything else" would include anything from your post that isn't regularly changed. For instance, it's less cluttered if instead of having "Civic Changes: None" for 95% of turns, we just note when we're close to needing a civic change.

I think it is best idea to just copy your suggestion for every turn and delete irrelevant points from it. I would add Scouting section to the tamplate.

Here is description of the last turn.

Turn Number / Date that was just played: 95 / 500BC.

Barbarian Issues: Barb axe coming towards Titan from east. 1 Immortal on defense, but only warrior inside Titan. If we get very unlucky this could cause problems.

Trades: We should trade Masonry to Monarchy with SANCTA.

Scouting:
* Immortal in the south should continue towards NW and scout the cities of Cavaleiros
* Immortal near Titan should continue towards west

City Build Instructions: These are my current opinions.

• Saturn Granary - Settler
  • Titan Immortal(5) - Granary
  • Rhea Library(79) - Granary
  • Dione Granary(12) - Forge
  • Iapetus Monument (24) - Trireme

Great People: Problematic. We just don't have enough food. At least Dione could work Engineer after getting Forge, but that time is far away.

Worker Instructions: I don't have a good recollection what workers are doing. At least silver and pigs should be improved as soon as possible.

That's brilliant - much clearer and easier to follow. :)

Turn Number / Date that was just played: 96/475 BC

Major Issue: Barbs everywhere

Barbarian Issues: Barb issues are handled in the turn tracker thread. Here is copy:
* Barb axe south from Iapetus (Luckily wounded 2.5 Strength). I moved Immortal badly to place where Axe can attack, but at least we've defensive bonus 25% and 4 strength.
* Barb axe in the east of Titan continued towards Titan. I decided to withdraw Immortal and hope Axe comes to plain land so that we can attack with better odds.
* Barb warrior is north from our scout heading west.
* Barb warrior coming towards Dione from NW. I moved Western Guard above Pig tile so that worker plako can hopefully move on top of it next turn. I also moved 1 warrior inside Saturn a little bit closer so thatin caseof very bad luck he can come and help

City Build Instructions: No new suggestions except maybe Trireme in Iapetus could be replaced with Lighthouse.

City Growth: No changes. Main emphasize is on growing all cities with max food except Dione that is utilising Silver tile.

Great People: I suggest switching to Vassalage+Caste System to produce Great Scientist.

Worker Instructions: Plako to pigs, Joshua to Silver

Espionage: We've barely got visibility to Kazs. I think one more turn of that and we should switch to Cavaleiros.

Scouting: Southern Immortal to west or North west. Western Immortal towards west.

Turn Number / Date that was just played: 97 / 450 BC

Barbarian Issues: Barb axe and warrior near Dione.

Trades: SANCTA gets Currency ready within next 2 turns. We should probably request it right away.

City Build Instructions: No changes. However I'm strongly considering, if we should build workers/settlers instead of infra.

City Growth: After consideration I think it would make sense to emphasize hammers instead of growth in Saturn to build Granary and then grow again.

Worker Instructions: Most of the tasks are evident. However Rhea needs another cottage and I'd like to see farms above silk tiles close to Dione.

Espionage: Espionage set to Cavs since Kazs don't allocate naything to us currently.

Scouting: Both scouting Immortals are heading to west. We need Scout that would go towards East also.

Turn Number / Date that was just played: 98 / 425 BC

Barbarian Issues: Barb axe and warrior near Dione. Two barb Warriors near Titan. Barb axe near Iapetus.

Trades: SANCTA gets Currency next turn. We should probably request it right away.

City Build Instructions: No changes. Workers/Settlers in future maybe.

City Growth: Emphasized hammers in Saturn to finish Granary.

Worker Instructions: No changes. Most of the tasks are evident. However Rhea needs another cottage and I'd like to see farms above silk tiles close to Dione.

Scouting: No changes. Both scouting Immortals are heading to west. We need Scout that would go towards East also.

Turn Number / Date that was just played: 99 / 400 BC

Barbarian Issues: Barbs threatening especially Iapetus and also Titan.

Trades: Deliver Feudalism to SANCTA. We'll had to make final desicion what to do with Kazs-

City Build Instructions: Changed Iapetus to Archer (too late). Emergency whip or switch back to Monument depending on what happens between turns.

Worker Instructions: Move Toch to do farms near Dione or alternatively mine the Iron tile.

Scouting: No changes. Both scouting Immortals are heading to west. We need Scout that would go towards East also.

Can't emergency whip in Iapetus in time, I think... we just have to hope that our Immortal survives his battle with high hit points. Otherwise, we lose the city - temporarily, as it shouldn't be razed, but still a pain in the ass.

Turn Number / Date that was just played: 100 / 375 BC

Barbarian Issues: Iapetus will be lost to barb axe.

Trades: Are we delivering Feudalism to Kazs, if they end war?

City Build Instructions: Titan now building Immortal, Worker also quite ready

Worker Instructions: -

Scouting: Scout in Cavs land could continue to North or South.

Turn Number / Date that was just played: 101/350 BC

Major Issue: How do we go about recovering Iapetus?!?

Events pertaining to SANCTA: They got a Great Engineer. They also gave us 10 gold this turn to allow us to remain at 100%. Be sure to get their gold next turn as well.

Events pertaining to Kazakhstan: They built the Great Library this turn.

Military Issues: We have several immortals that are still healing - be careful!

Barbarian Issues: No barbarians at all, apart from the axemen in Rhea.

Trades: Basically, SANCTA gives us 10 gold to keep us at 100% research.

City Build Instructions: Below, the turn player should write down the next two builds of each city (be sure to add on to this list when we found more cities). If we're planning on building something long term in any city (such as a national or world wonder), then add that next to the next two city builds. If we can't agree on the city builds ... that's what discussion is for. :goodjob:

• Saturn-Settler, Library (????)
  • Titan-Immortal, ?????
  • Rhea-Library, ?????
  • Dione-Granary, ??????
  • Iapetus-Let's recover it first. :lol:

City Growth: Rhea and Titan are near their happy limits.

Worker Instructions: The main worker to be aware of is Worker Toch, who should go to the iron next turn. Also, worker Plako just finished the pigs, so I assume we will want a road? Rhea needs health anyway.

Espionage: Be sure to check how much we have on each team!

Scouting: The immortal in Cav territory should continue south.

SANCTA built the Pyramids with their Great Engineer just now.

We should heal our Immortal and then combine an attack with SANCTA's Chariot to take back Iapetus.

Turn Number / Date that was just played: 102/325 BC

Major Issue: Planning to recover Iapetus.

Events pertaining to SANCTA: They built the Great Pyramids last turn.

Military Issues: We have several immortals that are still healing - including some that are on the road to Iapetus. Be careful!

Barbarian Issues: Axemen in Rhea, Axeman to east of Titan.

Trades: Asked SANCTA for 10 gold to keep us at 100% research. Offered a big trade to MS.

City Build Instructions: See above post.

City Growth: Rhea and Titan are near their happy limits.

Worker Instructions: Completely messed up Worker Toch and made a ******ed move, sorry guys. Suggest he roads where he is then heads up to do the Iron mine.

Espionage: Check how much we have on each team.

Scouting: The immortal in Cav territory should continue south.

I think we already had all against them, although I didn't check.

Turn Number / Date that was just played: 103/300 BC

Major Issue: Barbarians.

Events pertaining to SANCTA: They built the Great Lighthouse.

Military Issues: Immortal is healing beside Iapetus, will take a while due to barb borders but he should stay there. Another Immortal is heading towards Iapetus, should probably go straight there rather than heal as it's only a matter of time until the barbs build or whip more units.

Barbarian Issues: Barb Axe southwest of Titan. Barb Axe east of Titan.

Trades: All trade routes to SANCTA cut due to barbs capturing Iapetus. This includes our resource trade deals.

City Build Instructions: As above.

Worker Instructions: Ones near Dione should head to Iron after done with their current jobs. Other Workers should cottage/chop as necessary.

Espionage: We are putting all 4 espionage points into Cav.

Scouting: Barb Axe near Cav lands to the south. Barb Axe next to our Immortal near Titan (mentioned above already).

Extras: Rhea can be made happy by sending an Immortal there as happy police, but ONLY do this if barb situation at Titan is safe.

Turn Number / Date that was just played: 104/275BC

Major Issue: We're target of MS and maybe Cavs.

Events pertaining to SANCTA: We should discuss what to do to survive.

Military Issues: Rhea producing Longbow and I suggest we whip him next turn.

Barbarian Issues: Barb east from Rhea. We need Immortal to take care of it. Reclaim attempt of Iapetus is possible, but our immortals are just 3/4 health.

City Build Instructions: I switched Dione to barracks.

City Growth: No need to grow because of health and happiness problems. We need trade routes to SANCTA.

Great People: Any plans relating to great people should be listed here.

Worker Instructions: Hook up Iron as soon as possible

Espionage: Keep on Cavs

Scouting: We can continue towards south.

Extras: What would you think, if we switch to Vassalage to produce promoted units. Ww wouldn't need nescessarily need barracks.

Turn Number / Date that was just played: 105 / 250BC

Major Issue: IApetus reclaimed. Hanging Gardens built by Cavs

Events pertaining to SANCTA: Should we request them to research HBR?

Events pertaining to Mad Scientists: Follow their power closely.

Barbarian Issues: Barbs near Titan and Rhea

City Build Instructions: Switch Titan to worker, if barbs can be handled without new Immortal. Consider whipping of Longbow in Rhea.

City Growth: Take pigs back in to use in Dione

Worker Instructions: Iron!

Top Bottom