• Israel

Votes: 40 19.4%
  • Iroquois

Votes: 25 12.1%
  • Other

Votes: 39 18.9%

• Total voters
  • This poll will close: .
In addition, how many console players would have heard of a single Persian or Babylonian leader?:nuke:

Most of then that would be interested in this type of game would have heard of both Cyrus the Great, and Hammurabi.

Heck I guanratee you most have not of leaders like Shaka or even heard of the Zulu at all.

As far as famous historical leaders both Cyrus the Great, and Hammurabi are pretty high on the list.

The Xbox 360 version should have Master Chief, Joanna Dark, the Gears of War guy, and Han Solo while the PS3 version should have Solid Snake, Amaterasu, the SotC guy, and Kratos while the DS version should have Mario, Link, Samus, and Soma Cruz.

wow..........ok...........it's a bit too late now........

I have to question a lot of those Civs you've put in the poll. A LOT.

I vote Vikings anyway.

Reasoning behind my votes (Persia, Babylon, Inca, Byzantines, Netherlands, Ottomans, Celts, Vikings, Iroquois):

Well how can they not be in???

Well, I agree on most of them.
I think that the game has decreased the number of civs to get a more simple variety to choose from. The middle east is empty - which is an error - as well as SA and Oceania, but otherwise a good deal of representative civs are present.

The smaller number of civ, imo, is also a result of all civs being much more unique due to different civ bonuses, compared to Civ4.

@lord joakim: Arabia's in the game. ;)

I will not buy this game but I will play it (when my fav civilization will gonna be present),this is getting bored,every game releases the almost same civilizations,then will releases after a expasion with other civilzations,only to earn money.

Why US and not also Brasil??

Why Spain/France/England and not also Portugal/Netherlands/Vikings??

Why Aztec and not also Incas/Mayas/Amazonians??

Why Egypt/Greece/Arabia and not also Summerians/Babylonians/Persia??

Why Rome and not also Celts/Byzantines ??

I'm getting tired of this political way of chosen civilizations.
Its a stupid and all the same way.

I will not buy this game but I will play it (when my fav civilization will gonna be present),this is getting bored,every game releases the almost same civilizations,then will releases after a expasion with other civilzations,only to earn money.

Why US and not also Brasil??

Why Spain/France/England and not also Portugal/Netherlands/Vikings??

Why Aztec and not also Incas/Mayas/Amazonians??

Why Egypt/Greece/Arabia and not also Summerians/Babylonians/Persia??

Why Rome and not also Celts/Byzantines ??

I'm getting tired of this political way of chosen civilizations.
Its a stupid and all the same way.

Because Brazil isn't and never has been a world power

Because Portugal/Netherlands aren't as important historically as Spain/France. Not sure why the Vikings aren't in it, but perhaps because their bonuses would have been too close to a different civs?

Egypt and Greece are far and away more important than Sumeria, Babylon, or Persia, the only reason I can think for Arabia to be in the game rather tha Babylon or Persia is because Arabia had more technological impact on history than they did.

Amazonians were barbarians, not a civilization, and the only reason I can think of to only have the Aztecs and not the Incans and Mayans is because they could only include 16 civs in the retail version and couldn't very well devote 2 out of 16 to American civs.

Because Rome is one of the greatest and most powerful empires ever, and the Byzantines are Roman in origin, while the Celts were not really an empire until after Roman rule.

Its not political, its a lot more accurate than you wish for it to be....Brazil...why would Brazil be in the game? what have they accomplished aside from winning freedom from Portugal?

Why the US? Maybe because Sid lives there?

Because Brazil isn't and never has been a world power

Agreed

Because Portugal/Netherlands aren't as important historically as Spain/France. Not sure why the Vikings aren't in it, but perhaps because their bonuses would have been too close to a different civs?

Portugal and Netherlands were kind of important, but less so than most of the other civs in the game.

Egypt and Greece are far and away more important than Sumeria, Babylon, or Persia, the only reason I can think for Arabia to be in the game rather tha Babylon or Persia is because Arabia had more technological impact on history than they did.

There's no reason to include all 3 of those civs, but at least Persia should be included, they were very important in history. As for Babylon and Sumeria, they were kind of important, but not important enough to get in the game.

Amazonians were barbarians, not a civilization, and the only reason I can think of to only have the Aztecs and not the Incans and Mayans is because they could only include 16 civs in the retail version and couldn't very well devote 2 out of 16 to American civs.

Agreed on the Amazonians. Also, the Mayans didn't do much of historical impact. The Inca, on the other hand, had an empire spanning most of South America's west coast, which contained about 10,000,000 people. And they managed that empire without a written language.

Because Rome is one of the greatest and most powerful empires ever, and the Byzantines are Roman in origin, while the Celts were not really an empire until after Roman rule.

I agree that the Byzantines and Romans don't both need to be in, even if the Byzantines were important in the middle ages, but the Celts were reasonably important, even before being conquered by Rome.

Also, if you see my post a few posts ago, I thought that many of the civs he mentioned, as well as the Ottomans and Iroquois. The Iroquois are kinda iffy, they did play a big part in Colonial American history and shortly afterwards. But the Ottomans not being in? Come on, they conquered the Middle East, North Africa, Southeastern Europe, and the area around the Crimean penninsula. They were a major PITA for a while to the Austrians, Hungarians, Russians, Slavs, and Greeks. They're historically important enough to get in.

The US is in because the US is the only world superpower at the moment, and we've done a LOT of crap in the 20th century.

I agree that I wish the Incans were in rather than the Aztecs...it is my opinion that the Incans are a much more worthy empire(the Aztecs would have fallen soon whether the Spanish came or not...but the Incans had a very stable and large empire)

I agree, the incas should be there...

The Mayans had a massive historical imapct! Their science, writing, literature, religion, calendar, and math influenced all later Meso-American civs. Their people still lives in the Yucatan, and their mysterious buildings and cities have been a wonder to the world since we rediscovered them!

Celts. I never play as them but they are just cool to have.
I was actually pretty happy with the ones they picked for Rev. I only ever play with America, Rome, Greece, Egypt, or the Mongols.

I will tell you right now that the Americans weren't in Rise of Nations.

Until Thrones and Patriots came along anyway. Then they were a force to be reckoned with. But that's our America!

Top Bottom