Additional civs?

i want to see new leaders, that give different abilities minus the start ability (eg. pottery for french, etc.) with different personalities. the personalities are far too random to the point that khan can be both warmonger and peacemaker!

...with different personalities. the personalities are far too random to the point that khan can be both warmonger and peacemaker!

I certainly agree. In my last game the major warmonger was Ghandi... He started pushing my buttons after 10 turns and I didn´t attack him once even if he continued to threaten and attack me. Do I need to say more?! :confused:

POLYNESIA

Starting Bonus :
Warriors have 'Haka' ability. (makes enemies retreat in fear)

Ancient :
Starts on an island alone with a galley

Medieval :
Navigation technology

Industrial :
All Cities a free temple

Modern :
Cruiser Fleet at Capital City

Polynesia sounds a bit stuppid. the overrrun ability is the same a zulu, starting on an island is weird and its too focused on the sea. I have a civ;

Celts: Special unit: Woad warrior (replaces legion) + 1 attack
Starting Bonus: New cities get a free warrior (celts were a war-like people)
Ancient era bonus: knowledge of alphabet (celts used ogham)
Medeival Bonus: Knowledge of religion ( Converted Celts built many monasteries)
Industrial bonus: Double productions from mountains and Mountain based resources (celts were great builders)
Modern: All units get guerilla promotion.

What Over-run ability?

I said 'Haka' attack.

The New Zealand Maoris have a wardance called the 'haka'. It is used before battle to instill fear into the enemy. In the game it could be implemented as an example to cause opposing warriors to retreat 2 tiles upon contact. The exact dynamics I'm not sure but how it would be put in should be in a balanced way.

It may have to be a 1 use only, limited to 1 x Haka Warriors Army per city or some other way to prevent excessive spamming.

Starting on an Island is symbolic of the Pacific Islands obviously and at the same time gives opponents a chance to get a hut or 2 before coming across some 'Haka' Warriors.

It's called thinking outside the square.

I am aware of polyponesia and the haka dance 'i watch rugby!'. But startig on an island gives numerous benefits, like not contacting other civs so u can advance techs without a war!

Starting on an island can be a blessing or a curse, depending on several factors.

Since each map/opponents/huts/resources etc is fairly random so will be the perceived advantage/disadvantage of starting on an Island.

agreed it is a blessing or a curse. But many players use that advantageto build go/ science based cities on islands and dominate science easily.

They should make a "Custom Civ" mode where you can make your own civs and customize the bonuses you can get. Then they should allow you to name the civ anything you want like the cities.

They should make a "Custom Civ" mode where you can make your own civs and customize the bonuses you can get. Then they should allow you to name the civ anything you want like the cities.

i think that might be easier said, than done. If you let player's mix and match the bonuses (that exist from other civ's) than you would end up with some extremely unbalanced civ's.

this option would make sense in the PC versions of the game, where you have leader traits, but i just don't know how you would do it in Rev.

I would love to have more civ's. I am getting really burned out on the existing civs. This wouldn't be a problem if each civ had a unique playing style or personality. They all play the same! Like someone said already, Gandhi should not be so militaristic, every single game I have with India, I get knee deep in Indian legion armies, practically the whole game. It's pathetic when I am at peace with Germany the whole game and India ends up outgunning them for the domination victory.

Some civs I think should be included:

The Vikings
Native Americans
The Mayans
Carthage
The Celts
The Ottomans
Sumeria or Babylon

We definietly need a couple more civs to represent the western hemisphere. The Native Americans are a must.

I think we are missing a very important Civ, that has shaped European politics for 1000+ years.

Denmark
Leader: Margaret I of Denmark
Starting bonus: Monarchy (As Denmark is the oldest stil existing Monarchy in the world)
Anchient: Legions are replaced by Beserkers
Medieval: Some sort of combat Ship (perhaps Fregats)/navigational bonus
Industrial: ++ on sea trade
Modern: (I'll get back to that one)...

…

Another civ that would be cool is Sumerians:
Leader: Gilgamesh
Starting bonus: writing.
Anchient: new Tecnologies comes faster.
Medieval: Trade bonus of some kind
Industrial: Cheaper banks
Modern: ++ on Sicence

They do need to put a little more American and African Civs in the game. I would like to see some new great people to. And when are we gonna get the DLC?

I read on the official CivRev forums that the DLC will be coming in the fall sometime, so soon (not soon enough though if you ask me).

Celts, vikings, mayan, turks, and the khmer are some of the civs I'd like to see. Celts and vikings especially.

I think it would be pretty cool if they gave out a custom Civ with the completion of a specific game of the week.

:) Why would Australia be a civilization? Not a particularly old civilization, imo. The civilization started bascially a few hundred years ago when the English came to the island and used it as a prison camp. If a civilization at all, they should start in the industrial era because they didn´t exist earlier. The key up until today has been that the civilizations in this game series has been either ancient or one of the "colonizing"/war time civilizations (read American, English, France). Australia doesn´t fit any of those criteria.

Sorry for the critical comment, but I think there are so many more civilizations that have earned being part of the game, e.g., Vikings and Persia.

Yeah, but the US isn't a very old civ and it still made the cut.

Yeah, but the US isn't a very old civ and it still made the cut.

No they are not, but they belong to the other category that I mentioned in the same sentence... War Time/Colonization civilizations... US has been an influencial war monger over the years... Australia hasn´t.

No they are not, but they belong to the other category that I mentioned in the same sentence... War Time/Colonization civilizations... US has been an influencial war monger over the years... Australia hasn´t.

Still, Australia has been around longer and the could be a Cultural Candidate. Sides they are a continent in themselves they are big enough to be considered a Civ for Civ Rev anyway.

Still, Australia has been around longer and the could be a Cultural Candidate. Sides they are a continent in themselves they are big enough to be considered a Civ for Civ Rev anyway.

Yes OK, we are all allowed to have our own opinion. You read mine before, and now I read yours. We can agree to disagree.

Top Bottom