Intra-team Pitboss Game?

Elucidus mentioned that he'd like to added to the list of players that won't be rushed in the early game. I think it's fair enough, he's our host after all, and it's much better to have a host that's actively involved in the game. ;)

I'm sure he'd be happy to agree not to rush anyone else in the early game in return. He's not a very aggressive player - unless provoked. :)

Hey guys, I haven't played many PTBS games since BTS came out, in fact one ended badly a team game where the team couldn't get along, and the other I am currently in with Emperor.

My connection is stable and it is on a dedicated server. I hope to host it on my web server, but I am coming up short on Linux knowledge. Just thought I would mention that as that is where I would like to host all of my PTBS games.

Do you think that we should adopt the rules taken from Chaos and Civility II? I think they're pretty nice concerning double-moves during wartime. Just ignore rules 4, 6, and 7. I also like their opinion on "missed turns."

http://www.chaosciv.com/index.php/topic,255.0.html
Yeah, I've seen those rules before. They're pretty good, and I'm sure they'd serve us pretty well. :)

I was going to join that game, but they started somewhere in July/August where I had to be away from my computer for 3 weeks. :cry:
Yeah, I would have joined as well, except that I could never get the mod to work properly in multiplayer on my computer.

Hey guys

~Luc
Good to see you've arrived, Luc. :)

Personally, I have absolutely no problem with that. It'd be nice to have Amethyst around again. :) (Plus, it's kind of an all-male environment here at the moment, so it'd be good to have a representative of the fairer sex. :p )

So is this right:

Large/Big and Small/Normal Continents/Normal Islands

No vassals

If you allow my wife, should we increase the map size?

Sorry, I wasn't here for the initial discussion, just want to make sure I have everything right?

I think 10 players with medium sea level will still work well. Medium sea level with 9 players had a lot of land per player. Plus multiplayer games tend to be more interesting if every player doesn't have a massive amount of land to expand into. ;)

I'm okay with low seas though, if that's what the majority wants. Bear in mind though that more empty land = more barbarians.

I actually find being boxed in quite fun. ;)

But it'd be nice to play a different game where there was plenty of space to expand into, I guess. :)

I prefer medium sea level. There is enough room for 10 civs.

Presented rules are ok as well as Elucidus's wife participating to the game.

First of all I'm totally ok that Elucidus is the host of the game. However I might have interest to host another one at some point and would like to hear hints from you and possibly test my setup.

Currently I'm running Win2000 machine that has Civ installed and pitboss running. I can connect to this machine from my LAN and play the game. Now I would like to reveal this game to you. What is the best way to do this? I'm mainly looking for hints how to configure my firewall (I'm not very experienced). Easisest is probably to put this machine on DMZ zone, but that sounds little unsecure to me. How have you done this?

Top Bottom