Great Musician Cannot Create a Great Work??

Colmar

Warlord
I'm Portugal, and I've just received a GM in Braga. Braga has Hermitage, Louvre, and Broadway. I need one more Modern Portuguese Song to get Broadway's theming bonus, but the GM is messing up and wont show a button for 'Create a Great Work.'

I originally thought that it was because I had a GE in Braga as well, so I moved the GE. Despite having three empty music slots, I still couldn't produce a Great Work. I moved the GM to Porto, in case it was a Braga problem, but that didn't trigger it either.

Would anyone be able to help? I'd really like to end my first BNW game with a win, and every tourism point counts!

There's no way I can tell, but it's a 10 person, single player game. Indonesia was gone by Renaissance, so nine really. Only myself and the Celts have substantial tourism (143 and 85), with America and England following up in the 60's. How many Great Songs are there? I've produced only five or six.

It would suck if by the time someone gets Broadway, which needs three from the same era, there are no great works left. :|

Wow, I just had the exact same problem. I am playing Portugal on a large map with with only 7 civ + portugal. I used faith to create a GM in the city of Barge. It did not have the action button to create a great work. I backed up in autosave and created the GM again but in Lisbon and it had the same problem.

Don't drag Scruffy into this.

I know its not the best but you can put the music from discovering a gwoa as the music if a custom gwom so it is possible to mod. but......

I had this problem with a great writer in the information era. Only had the option to write a treatise for culture despite having numerous slots available in many amphitheaters.

I hope they can add in generic no name Great Works. Tourism is apparently for late game fun, but you can't make any new works by the modern era. This wasn't even a tourism-heavy game.

I hope they can add in generic no name Great Works. Tourism is apparently for late game fun, but you can't make any new works by the modern era. This wasn't even a tourism-heavy game.

I'm already working on my mod that adds about 45 great works, 15 of all 3 types I might go to 20 of each but that might be excessive.

Top Bottom