More International Projects!

The International Space Station would make a good world project.

Already ahead of you, yet to code it but the idea's there for my mod.
-Science Convention: Unlocked at Education
1. 2 Free Scientists
2. 5 beakers per turn
3. 2 happiness
-Commerce Station: Unlocked WIP I don't know yet!
1..2 free Merchants
2.Free dummy building called the "Buisness Fund" gives 15 gpt.
3. 400 points toward golden age
-Tourism Tour: Unlocked at WIP I don't know yet!
1.1 Tourism bonus for 25 turns
2.1 Free Musician
3.1 Free Artist

I'm a bit disappointed by the world projects. I thought they were supposed to be primarily co-operative, not competitive. I would like to see more co-operative ones instead of plain hammer races for the jackpot.

I very much like the World Bank idea; the International Court and Security Council also sound quite good, but for sake of variety it might be worth avoiding repeating bonuses from the existing projects. Similar for a Eurovision equivalent.

Thus, my suggestions for effects would be something like

World Bank: similar to what you have. Perhaps one level might increase gold from Trading Posts?

International Court:
1st: receive the power to propose an extra resolution at each council.
2nd/3rd: not certain what to do without repeating rewards. Most likely happiness and culture boosts.

Security Council:
would use a mixture of the bonuses from your SC and WWG. +10XP doesn't sound like much, though; perhaps all units receive a particular promotion (Foreign Lands bonus - "Peacekeeping Missions"?) One reward might be a bonus for either Barracks/Armouries/Military Academies or for Walls/Castles/etc - I'd suggest a culture boost, but there are a number of things you could do with that.

Music Contest: a few suggestions. Really, I'd prefer to get a bit away from bonuses purely to GMus, but the obvious alternatives - Tourism boosts, Happiness boosts - have largely been taken already.
1: Concert Tours are +50% more effective
2: Free Great Musician (perhaps more than one?)
3: +25% generation of Great Musicians

I don't think that rewarding winners with increased delegate numbers is a problem providing a limited number of nations get the delegates. Similar to World Ideology or World Religion.

I think new International Projects looks good, but I only like two of them:

World Bank (I also thought they needed to create a comercial/gold International Project).

And International court.

The rest would just be too much distraction...

Good proposals, by the way.

Same as a UN that can ban copper, I suppose.

The most powerful countries in the world Us, China, Russia doesn't recognize the court for obvious reasons : Civ can be tongue in cheek about a lot of things but probably not about something like the ICC.

World Congress and UN works because it is an arena for international politics, everyone plays that game and have been playing it since the treaty of Kadesh

Rather than a project, the ICC is better suited as enhancement under ideology that restrains how a player can wage war but gives a bonus for abiding by it for small tall empires.

Top Bottom