Yay. Now i can play civ 4 for free!

snoochems

Prince
So steam/firaxis apologises to those that pre-ordered the BNW expansion, only to have it cheaper on the day of release; by giving away a copy of civ 4.

Why the f would i want to play civ 4??? A game i already own! And not even with BTS!

If i rip my mate off, i wouldnt apologise by offering him my old pair of shoes, or a damp cloth. It would be better to just say sorry, and forget the useless gift that im never going to use.

A free copy of civ v would've made sense though.

It's not just a free copy.. It's *two* free copies! and once you redeem it, you can't do anything with the second copy!
Funny thing is, I got the free Civ 4 2 weeks ago with no explanation, now suddenly there's an explanation...

I've bought C4BTS a long time ago for €1.99 just for the sake of having a steam copy ;) A nice gesture, even if pretty much meaningless. I'm more surprised that someone here does not own Civ4.

Hey, at least you got something. Anyone who pre-ordered from another website didn't get anything at all.

Erm... can you guys explain what you're talking about? It's the first time I hear of such a thing.

Why the f would i want to play civ 4??? A game i already own! And not even with BTS!

A free copy of civ v would've made sense though.

Quoted for my amusement.

Erm... can you guys explain what you're talking about? It's the first time I hear of such a thing.

If you preordered BNW, you should have a free copy of CivIV, a game that normally sells on Steam for $20 (for some ungodly reason).

Unfortunately, I already own it and I can't put it on the Steam Market, get at me with offers of GIFTS.

Steam accidentally put BNW on sale for like 30% off less than a week after it came out. People who preordered for 10% off were kind of screwed, since they'd have been better off waiting. Steam apologized and gave everyone who preordered BNW Civ4 for free.

And people are now complaining because someone gave them a free game.

A free game they're allowed to trade or sell on Steam's marketplace if they already have it.

Because there is literally no pleasing some people's kids.

They could have offered a free DLC. Or maybe make one, and offer that :)

I just went on the steam forum and gave mine away to the first person who responded to my topic. Somebody enjoyed it.

And people are now complaining because someone gave them a free game.

A free game they're allowed to trade or sell on Steam's marketplace if they already have it.

A free game most people who preordered BNW probably already owned and, for the majority of us who just started using Steam in the last few years, a game that isn't even registered on Steam.

They could have offered a free DLC. Or maybe make one, and offer that

UPDATED SCENARIOS FOR BRAVE NEW WORLD PLEASE. Left 4 Civilization scenario would be fun too.

I play previous games of the series' that I'm a large fan of all the time. I still play SimCity 3000, and I've been trying out 4000 lately . . . but idk, something about the "modern" graphics bothers me :D

If I had purchased BNW at overprice and got a "free" copy of Civ IV for my troubles, I wouldn't be terribly upset. I'd end up buying it eventually out of curiosity. Giving a free game, even if older, is much better than saying "sorry dude." Which is what a lot of companies would do. Some game devs try to charge you more for Alpha/Beta access- the world is crazy, these days!

Some game devs try to charge you more for Alpha/Beta access- the world is crazy, these days!

"Hey kids, want to come play the Brave New World Alpha Access? Only $90."

CivIV is fun (unless you don't have BTS, in which case it is worthless).

At least the incessant screaming about how 'steam screwed them over' provided some comic relief over at Steam forums, if you're into that kind of tragedy.

Hurrr. Steam forums are always good for a laugh.

I myself don't really much care about the price dropping to 30% off. I wanted the game right away anyway, which is why I didn't go with my usual policy of waiting until the expansion was 75% off.

I paid extra to play the game earlier I s'pose.

I don't care either. I paid to play the game on the release, and if some goofball put the game on sale on the day it came out (ok it's kinda dumb) I don't care. Good for the people that didn't want to spend 6 euros more on their game.

As for Civ IV, it didn't came with BTS, so probably gonna sell it. Or try it out, since I haven't played it before. But people are saying that it sucks without BTS, and you gotta always listen to what others say :mischief:

As for Civ IV, it didn't came with BTS, so probably gonna sell it. Or try it out, since I haven't played it before. But people are saying that it sucks without BTS, and you gotta always listen to what others say

It retroactively sucks. It is like trying to go back to vanilla after playing BNW. Vanilla CivIV is nothing compared to the oreo and hot fudge covered brownie ice cream that is BTS.

Hurrr. Steam forums are always good for a laugh.

I myself don't really much care about the price dropping to 30% off. I wanted the game right away anyway, which is why I didn't go with my usual policy of waiting until the expansion was 75% off.

I paid extra to play the game earlier I s'pose.

You only got to play earlier if you live in the US/Canada. For the rest of the world, that flash sale happened on release day.

Top Bottom