Unit Request: Intelligence Agent (Enlightenment Era Spy Unit)

I was thinking more of a young Ben Franklin, but being a scientist fits well with the role of the intelligence agent. I am thinking specifically of the Patrick O'Brien novels and his character Stephen Maturin who is not only a member of the Royal Society, but also a pivotal member of the Naval Intelligence community.

Anyone ever made like a Masonic spy unit? I could kind of see him fitting into there too almost..

Hmm.. well, if you use the 0 Defense HN strategy... then you wouldn't have to worry about that...

The other thing is, if you give Spies the cruise missile feature so that they're destroyed after one use, you could give them very high mobility, and they'd be able to hit in a single turn without being picked up by the AI's attack units...

But what features to give it?? Bombard? Give it the chance to destroy some buildings? Damage some units?

Dom Pedro II said:
Hmm.. well, if you use the 0 Defense HN strategy... then you wouldn't have to worry about that...

The other thing is, if you give Spies the cruise missile feature so that they're destroyed after one use, you could give them very high mobility, and they'd be able to hit in a single turn without being picked up by the AI's attack units...

But what features to give it?? Bombard? Give it the chance to destroy some buildings? Damage some units?
0 Def/HN flag works (ai won't search&destroy)? you've tried this DP?

i thought about the cruise missile flag but wondered what anim (flc) to use (presumably none).

re stats: i was figuring moderate A/D numbers, higher movement, invisible, HN, capture, pillage (removing this form other foot units) and most importantly, stealth, so that it can capture arty pieces, workers, ships in port and air units on the ground (in the city).

would this work? i don't know but "sabotage" would be what i'd aim for.

It's bad enough when my allies bump into my submarines and automatically declare war on me! :mad:

Rufus T. Firefly said:
He remember me Lavoisier or some other scientist... but I hope that ke will not have the same end of Pascal: guillotined (the great revenge of any phisics scholar! :))

Pascal wasn't guillotined! He died in 1662 after a long illness. You're thinking of Lavoisier.

This chap would be a great-looking unit, and possibly quite versatile too. He reminds me of the young Leibniz, who worked as a sort of diplomat - although he wore a much bigger wig...

Plotinus said:
Pascal wasn't guillotined! He died in 1662 after a long illness. You're thinking of Lavoisier.

This chap would be a great-looking unit, and possibly quite versatile too. He reminds me of the young Leibniz, who worked as a sort of diplomat - although he wore a much bigger wig...

Are you sure? BTW, a good end ;)

And about the use, it could be also a good medieval-early industrial scientific leader.

El Justo said:
0 Def/HN flag works (ai won't search&destroy)? you've tried this DP?

It's not that the AI won't search and destroy... it's that the AI will be completely unable to kill the unit... when an attacking unit tries to attack, it will simply end up occupying the same space as the 0Def/HN unit... The only way to destroy them is to bombard them. They can also be killed when attacking too, of course.

This is how I've changed my submarines... AI ships can occupy the same space as my subs without attacking the sub thus giving subs an added bonus.

And this has been tested, and it does, indeed, work.

Top Bottom