About this forum

Excuse me asking newbie questions (and humble English) :

1) Where is the thread for Q&A related to Civ4 MOD Components Forum? (I suppose it is here.)

2) What do the mark [MODCOMP] [MODPACK] and [SDK] in the title of threads in this forum means?
I can guess that (Please point it out if I made mistakes):
[BtS] mark means that the MOD distributed in the thread compatible with Civ4 Beyond the Sword (not Vanilla and Warlords)
[XML] means the MOD contains only modified XML files. (no Python editing, new Graphics)
[Python] means the MOD contains modified Python files.

(3) Could I edit the title of thread I created?
I'd like to add suittable marks ([BtS], [XML], and maybe [MODCOMP]) to the title of Jungle MOD thread for the convenience of viewers.

Excuse me asking newbie questions (and humble English) :

1) Where is the thread for Q&A related to Civ4 MOD Components Forum? (I suppose it is here.)
Well, I suppose it is. Though the main customization forum works good for asking questions too. In terms of SDK/Python questions, the SDK/Python forum rocks though.

2) What do the mark [MODCOMP] [MODPACK] and [SDK] in the title of threads in this forum means?
MODCOMP means it is a component, that the creator believes can be added to mods and modpacks. IDW is my favorite modcomp, anyway...
MODPACK would mean it's a whole modpack, try out this dudes mod, not designed to merge with things, it's someone's sorta version of an expansion pack I guess. Don't take this the wrong way though, you can (and people do) merge modpacks, but unlike MODCOMPS, they are not designed to be merged.
SDK means that the camecore.dll has been modded, this is used alot in modcomps to denote the fact you will need to compile a new gamecore if you add the mod component to your mod. (It's not a simple XML merge, and can't even be edited on the fly like python code--you gotta recompile that code). Modcomps that have this tag will have source code files with them to use if you decide to use the modcomp and compile a new gamecore with the modifications.

I can guess that (Please point it out if I made mistakes):
[BtS] mark means that the MOD distributed in the thread compatible with Civ4 Beyond the Sword (not Vanilla and Warlords)
[XML] means the MOD contains only modified XML files. (no Python editing, new Graphics)
[Python] means the MOD contains modified Python files.
Yeah pretty much. The XML and Python tags are useful for moders so they can get a ruff idea of how much tweaking they need to do to get the component in their mod (See [SDK] tag question)

I'd like to add suittable marks ([BtS], [XML], and maybe [MODCOMP]) to the title of Jungle MOD thread for the convenience of viewers.
When you make a new thread, you can edit the title, until someone responds in your thread, so pretty much no. Don't worry about the prefix tags. If you know you want to have them, and there is a reason to put them there, by all means use them, but don't try to figure out a way to fit them in.

You can ask one of the moderators to change the thread title for you.

Two things that would definately help novices like myself is if it is stated what game or verion the mod or item being posted is compatable with and enough of what is in it to tell if it is usable to me. Since there is no index to the site that will tell me what posted material will work with Beyond the Sword and most of the symols mean little to soemone how isn't an avid modder, there is no way to find out except write the developer to find out. It would save a lot of time for both readers and posters having to ask questions about what they have developed if the reader can easily tell if something posted is something they can use/are interested in or not at a glance.
I often see items of interests but they don't tell me if it is soemthing that will work with the version of the game I play or not. Then when I do try to go back and find the posting it is hit or miss as to where I can pull it up agian to down load it later if it doesn't turn out to be usable. A good example is I found a posting for symbols develpoed by someone that I later decided I could use at some piont in time when I do finally get to where I can add them to the game for two types of wood: timber & lumber, titanium, shrimp, mushrooms, camel and beehives but when I went to find the posting to down load them it isn't coming up on any of the searches I've made tring to find it. So now I can't down load & store them for later use.

Hi guys!! I'm new here and I need some help. I'm playing the mod Rise of Mankind: A New Dawn, for BTS, and I noted the FOOD_CONSUMPTION_PER_POPULATION parameter has been changed from 2 to 3. I really want to turn it back to 2 and I've tried it (in the file GlobalDefines.xml) but the changes didn't work (the game crashed during the initialization). Can you help me out? It's a simple matter, but it's too hard to my tiny brain solve it alone. :confused:

Top Bottom