Mod Component Requests Thread

Zuul's Stack Aid and XP conversion to warlords...

Please please please :)

can any1 modify the combat system to make it more like Panzer General type combat? I mean non-lethal combat (unless it is a high difference in Str or if the units are already damaged when attacked). This would result in having more experienced units overall. Think about that your units that lost some battles (but not killed) are healed back and keep getting experience over the time.....

Or improve the air combat. I really think that air combat sucks a lot as it is now. I feel something MUST be done to improve that, but i dont know what and how. Maybe fighters should engage eachother in combat similar like ground units do, damaging eachother (partialy or totaly depending on type of unit, Str or even XP if it can be implemented). Or have stealth bombers so advanced that they can select the target unit from a stack before the bombart mission begins (something ala Civ 3).

I posted this somewhere else but this looks like the place i shuld have put it. I'd like to have a mod component to either disable missionaries and have religion self-propagate randomly, or at least change the chance of conversion to 100 %. Would this be easy to do?

Request: For Warlords - Assassins
Assassins - Similar in nature to Total Realism Assassins and an offshoot of the spy, can be used to cause unrest, kill a leader (think regicide) or unit or great people(sitting in city) maybe even kill one merged into the city. Kill off a Great Leader (is this even possible) if it can get to a unit with one.

Detect only via spy: National: Restricted to XXX (guess this could just be configured by the mod user)

Thanks In Advance

don't know if there's a specific warlords thread but a mod where pentagon gives 3xp would be nice so i can have my city raider III tanks back

Is there any way to alter the code for a transport to have 2 different types of cargo? For instance make a C-130 that can hold infantry and tanks and make it so the tanks take up more cargo than the infantry?

I'd like to see a mod that allows a Wonder to grant you a tech that no other civ can acquire. The Tech can only be gained by building the wonder. Then this tech could be used to build special units. This tech could also be traded to other civs.

Original idea for this came from Depx in this thread:
http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?t=187171

I was thinking about the various new units that are feasible in a few years, rather than science fiction antigravity tanks etc (which are fun but just a fantasy). Currently the civ4 units seem a little dated at the end game.

An example of the remote controlled killing machines now being produced.

The drones (armed and otherwise) that are being used in iraq are another example. Can anyone think of any more?

Serga said:
Some else ideas:

Water tile improvement "Bridge" allowing land units to pass through water and of course to connect resources into trade network.

Land tile improvement "Canal" allowing water units to pass through land and connecting cities to sea so they can build harbors, docks and ships.

I'd like to second that, particularly the first part as when i'm playing "Earth" as roman (for example) it's a pain to try to use the hill that's on an island in my radius, and getting the resources from the assorted indonesian islands is painful and fiddly! :)

Perhaps a colony could be used like in civ2, or a more expensive amphibious worker (double or triple cost) could be made to bypass the need to ferry the workers about? Preferably available very early so that the mediterranean can be used properly.

Hi all.

Please I would like to know how to make tech slower. I think is way too fast and ages always pass too quickly nearly without using its military units because another more modern is around the corner.

I know there is a mod that makes tech slower, but it also changes other things that I dont want to.

Any help will be great. Thx.

I think the quick and dirty solution is to multiply the figure in <iCost> by what you would like as a test, say 3 times, and make sure you play without the game turn maximum.

Copy Civ4TechInfos.xml into
Civ4\Warlords\Mods\NameOfYourMod\Assets\XML\Technologies
and use notepad or similar (not word!) to search for <iCost> over and over. It's tedious but it would do the job.

seady said:
I think the quick and dirty solution is to multiply the figure in <iCost> by what you would like as a test, say 3 times, and make sure you play without the game turn maximum.

Copy Civ4TechInfos.xml into
Civ4\Warlords\Mods\NameOfYourMod\Assets\XML\Technologies
and use notepad or similar (not word!) to search for <iCost> over and over. It's tedious but it would do the job.

I have no idea of Civ4 modding, so I cant understand you, :lol: but anyway Ill try to learn the basic and then apply your advice :goodjob:

Thx!

Railroads are so important, but I too often find myself with no coal resource. Can someone tell me the files and updates to allow RRs to also be built if Oil is available?

many thanks

Serga said:
Water tile improvement "Bridge" allowing land units to pass through water and of course to connect resources into trade network.

I would also like to see Bridges as well. I don't know if it is even possible. One problem I see is what if a land unit ended its turn on the bridge. How would combat occur between land and sea units? What I think would be the best way is to somehow use the work boat.

I'd like so see a mod that makes the religion more random, if it's even possible. Instead of getting a specific religion from a tech, you could get a random religion instead. Would be a fresh change from always seeing the same old religions dominate in every game

A few requests:

1) Where are the XML / graphic files for the flag poles, both on the main GUI, and for units? Can they be edited
2)If they can be edited, would it be possible to have them change by era? (The constant wooden flag poles seem a little silly...)

I might be able to have a shot at the above myself, if anyone can point me in the right direction and has any tips?

A couple more complicated requests for anyone interested?

* Combat odds for selected unit to appear just on mouse-over
I hate having to use 'goto' everytime I want to find-out the combat odds. It'd be nice to have the odds displayed just when the unit is selected and the mouse cursor hovers over an enemy unit.

* Cliffs
As well as beaches for all coastlines, some should be cliffs...

@NCooper
You might want to put the flag pole and cliff requests in the request thread in the Graphics subforum, will have a better chance of the right people see it. :)

Top Bottom