Downloads for Macs

Honeyfitz

Chieftain
Mac users alwayas get gipped off when it comes to computer games. As a dedicated CivIV player, I was wondering if and when modding and downloading mods will be easy on a Mac. I know that many types of mods don't work on macs, but i was wondering which do.

Also, how does one download a mod onto their mac? i can never install a mod properly. I think I speak for all Mac users when I say, PLEASE HELP!!!

Don't new Macs have the ability to run Windows? Also, have you tried Virtual PC for the Mac? Supposedly you can run Windows based programs on your Mac then. (Don't kill me if I'm wrong. A friend has a Mac and has something similar.)

Of course that doesn't help if you purchased the Mac version of Civ4...

Sorry I answered none of your questions. :sad:

Civ players have friends? Thats news to me. If we had friends then we would not be playing Civilization and wasting our time in stupid forums like these.

Although I sympathize with Mac users being unable to run the most popular mods (although most of them provide a zip but anyway). Too bad, so sad.
This is the second useless thread you open, I see no good reason for you to bash civ4 players and fans.

If you think this forum is useless, and the game stupid, keep your opinions to yourself. You don't have to broadcast them over the internet. Oh and BTW, I don't think that anyone is gonna hear you when you call us stupid, idiot :rolleyes:.

Honeyfitz said:
Civ players have friends? Thats news to me. If we had friends then we would not be playing Civilization and wasting our time in stupid forums like these.

Well that was uncalled for. Take your Mac and have fun bub.

Honeyfitz said:
Mac users alwayas get gipped off when it comes to computer games. As a dedicated CivIV player, I was wondering if and when modding and downloading mods will be easy on a Mac. I know that many types of mods don't work on macs, but i was wondering which do.

Also, how does one download a mod onto their mac? i can never install a mod properly. I think I speak for all Mac users when I say, PLEASE HELP!!!

I am not a Mac user, so this is just an educated guess on my part.

XML mods should run as is.
Python mods should run as is.
SDK mods, on the other hand, aren't going to work. I suppose they could be recompiled for the Mac (if they made a mac version of the SDK available, which I don't know since I never looked).

There should be a Mods folder in your Civ4 installation. Most mods come as simple zip or rar files. Just extract them into a folder under Mods and the game should recognize them.

Top Bottom