Bug Reports and Solutions

Ok, I solved the two issues myself.

1) I changed the prereq for Vestallan Knight to Guilds in CIV4UnitInfos.xml.

Downloaded the mod, and found that in CIV4UnitInfos.xml there were a number of pre-modern units that require Rocketry. I have no idea what the original tech should have been.

LS, I am not sure if this is useful or may contribute to any CTD at all. I was playing Erezon in a random map, and the game CTD'ed. I noticed the following entry in "resmgr.log":
Code:
RESMGR: Texture b.dds failed to load
RESMGR: Texture shadow.dds failed to load
RESMGR: Texture oasis2.dds failed to load
RESMGR: Texture a.dds failed to load
RESMGR: Texture a_gloss.dds failed to load
RESMGR: Texture warrior_128.dds failed to load
RESMGR: Texture HeavySwordsman_128_gloss.dds failed to load
RESMGR: Texture HeavySwordsman_128.dds failed to load
RESMGR: Texture HeavySwordsman_Weapons_64.dds failed to load
RESMGR: Texture HeavySwordsman_Weapons_64_gloss.dds failed to load
RESMGR: Texture FlagDECAL.dds failed to load
RESMGR: Texture PlayerColor01.tga failed to load
RESMGR: Texture PlayerColor02.tga failed to load
RESMGR: Texture Chokunu_weapons_64.dds failed to load
RESMGR: Texture Chokunu_weapons_64_gloss.dds failed to load
RESMGR: Texture Teamcolor.dds failed to load
RESMGR: Texture Cannon_Ancient_Chinese_gloss.dds failed to load
RESMGR: Texture halberdec.dds failed to load
RESMGR: Texture halberdec_gloss.dds failed to load
RESMGR: Texture Pikeman_128.dds failed to load
RESMGR: Texture pikeman_128_gloss.dds failed to load
RESMGR: Texture Warlord_Ancient.dds failed to load
RESMGR: Texture Warlord_Ancient_Gloss.dds failed to load
RESMGR: Texture European_King_Gloss.dds failed to load
RESMGR: Texture ewc_driver_128.dds failed to load

I just got another CTD, and here's an entry in PythonErr.log, which may or may not be related:
Can't find type enum for type tag EVENTTRIGGER_PARTISANS

I am commenting OUT the partisan trigger in Python/CvEventManager.py and will see if it happens again.

Hey guys,

Any news on when the new patch will be released?

It looks like you found some things other than the water well issue.

One thing I have found is that soldiers on sentry are not re-awakening when an enemy unit moves up next to them. Ive lost several improvements because a barbarian unit will move up to it, but the unit will still stay asleep. Any chance that the sentry and sleep icons were switched?

Hope ya guys are still around.

Hello. Yeah. I am here. I am heavily into modding, but haven't been doing anything in this area for the Civilization series and am concentrating on oblivion at the moment, but I still read the CivFanatics board most every day.

There will be a patch within this month to deal with the issues we have here.

I don't really remember how we made the Sentry work, but I think you should use the sentry icon with the binoculars instead. That's when they wake up when approached by hostile units.

The latest Patch 3 still have problem with Waterwell not giving fresh source of water. Check out my post in this thread on post #97. It's exactly the same issue.

Also, the error "Can't find type enum for type tag EVENTTRIGGER_PARTISANS" is still there.

ono-neko,

Can you make a zip file to restore the water well functionality? I've had some rough starts in some games where I was landlocked with little fresh water.

I recommend HighwayHoss to include that one in his patch as well. i never had the time to do it properly. Thanks, Ono-Neko.

Hello,
I can not download Fairy Tale MOD. Downloading always crushes when I have 72.4 MB. Does anybody know where could it be...........?:)

Hello,
I can not download Fairy Tale MOD. Downloading always crushes when I have 72.4 MB. Does anybody know where could it be...........?:)

Jennvare,

Here's a zip file of CvEventManager.zip. Extract it and replace the file in Assets\Pythons\CvEventManager.py. Hope that helps.
WARNING: I tested the new file; unfortunately it causes the interface to disappear, so I reverted it back.

Hello, I had also problem with the new file. Yesterday I tried to use the original link again and it was workin:crazyeye:

TY for help. Funny and great MOD anyway!

Hello, I had also problem with the new file. Yesterday I tried to use the original link again and it was workin:crazyeye:

TY for help. Funny and great MOD anyway!

Not sure if this is a bug, but when I load up the Civopedia it still has standard Civs and techs.

Hi, having a bit of a problem here too. When I load up the fairy tale mod, the game doesn't change. By that I mean the techs, units, civs etc are still the BTS standard ones. I'm using BTS 3.19 and have put the fairy tale folder in the correct mods folder. I also tried to use Fairy tale patch 3, but that caused a load of xml error messages to come up when I loaded the mod the next time, and refuses to load the mod as a result. Any help would be much appreciated, as I was really looking forward to playing this mod, it's one I've been looking for for some time. Thanks.

Hi guys,

I'm having trouble loading this mod. Whenever I try to load it I get an error message saying Civ IV has stopped working and it doesn't load. I have version 10 and installed patch 3. I know no one's posted here in this folder in a while, but I thought I'd still check if anyone could offer a solution.

Thanks

Top Bottom