Warhammer Fantasy Mod 2.5

chucklezdaccc, have you ever deleted/moved any of your original Civ3 files (including Civ3PTw, extras etc. folders?) ? The files you're talking about are part of the Conquests/Civ3Complete games and you should have them in your /Civ3PTW/extras/Medieval Japan folder.

I have to apologize for just throwing out my problem without telling you this mod is the reason I re-installed Civ3. Its totally awsome!

I was Estalia and I got an error from the Fire Catapult. Ottoman spearmen too. There were a couple others, I forgot which ones. Im writing them down now. And I havent moved any files around. Ill reinstall Civ3, get the patches again and reinstall WarHammer 2.5. I got all night.

:goodjob:

I got the latest updates.

This is what I get for the fire catapult:

"Art\Unit\Fire Catapult\..\..\..\..\Conquests\Rise of Rome\Art\Units\Fire Catapult\Fire catapult default.flc"

The game will now exit.

: (

OK.. for like.. the third, or fourth time, we are asking you what game do you own? Just Civilization 3? Or do you own the Conquests expansion for the game? Cos you need it to play this mod. And most others. The Play the World expansion won`t do the trick either, it has to be Conquests.

Frankly, if he managed to run the mod, it means he can open .biq files and therefore, he has Conquests. However, is it regular Conquests or Civ3Complete? and what version shows up at the bottom-left corner at the menu? Should be 1.22 = the latest game patch (not wh mod patch).

The game should be also the English version. Mods in English will not work with Civ3 in other languages, unless you modify your game folders to have English unit names (there are patches for that).

Frankly, if he managed to run the mod, it means he can open .biq files and therefore, he has Conquests. However, is it regular Conquests or Civ3Complete? and what version shows up at the bottom-left corner at the menu? Should be 1.22 = the latest game patch (not wh mod patch).

The game should be also the English version. Mods in English will not work with Civ3 in other languages, unless you modify your game folders to have English unit names (there are patches for that).

I have Civ3 Complete. version 1.22. Its in English. I havent modified anything outside of these Mods.

Ok one more guess: where exactly did you put the mod files?
It should NOT be in the Scenarios folder (the one in the main Civ3Complete directory) but in Conquests/Scenarios folder.

Ok one more guess: where exactly did you put the mod files?
It should NOT be in the Scenarios folder (the one in the main Civ3Complete directory) but in Conquests/Scenarios folder.

Im pretty sure thats where I put it. Ill check when I get home, Im at work right now.

Thanks for your patience, yall!

Ok, so Im an idiot. I didnt put it in the conquests folder. Im installing it to the Conquests folder now. Ill edit this post again if it does/nt work.

Ok, I unzipped WH2.5 to Conquests/Scenarios. Got to Fire Catapult again. I got an error report. That was weird. Anyway, I thank you for your patience again, but Im gonna play with different civs. Thanks!:goodjob:

I'm afraid the error will show up no matter what civ you play.

Just as a reminder, it should be Conquest/Scenarios , not just Conquests ;)
And once inside, there should be a WH2.biq and WH2 folder inside, with nothing but Art and Text folders inside WH2 folder (e.g. make sure you didn't make a new, unnecessary folder while unzipping).

Yup, I did all that. Still get an error. Its ok though, Im having fun and I save before I get to the errors. Maybe I can avoid them altogether. You guys rule!

Hey chuck I got the same setup as you. When I glance at the Fire caterpult in the pedia it dosn't crash. Usually when A file is missing in other mods that where i get dinged .

I wonder if you can look up that unit without it crashing so mybe its only when you try to build one you get the problem.

Anyway goodluck. Im sure you'l find the cause

I can look the Catapult up in the tech tree, but when I click to build or it gets built by my governers, it crashes. I gonna try the Amazons right now.

hey guys, just poping in to say youve made some awsome additions to this mod :D those skaven can get annoying very quickly.

just one thing, the Dryads suck. i was playing a game as woodelves on a map of the old world that i made (i was play testing :p) i waged war on the estalians, doing quite well, i had an army of about 14 glade guard, most of them elite, and i was rampaging. then i researched Embassies so i could check out the dryads, built 9 or so of them and sent them in for the kill, only had 2 more cities to take. the one only had 2 spearmen and a peasent in ( i found this out later) so i sent my horde of dryads in, surrounded he city and attracked from all sides. the first spearman killed 3 without getting a scratch, then he killed 2 more and ended up on one health, by now he was elite. now i only had 4 more left, so i went in, and pretty much the exact same thing happened, the 2nd spearman slaghtered my dryads, even the peasant killed one.
as you can imagine i was furious, i got my glade guard together, and sent them all over to that same city (they were mosty 2 turns away) by the time i got there the 2 spearmen were both elite, and full health, the peasent wa veteran, and they had another spearman :(, i wiped them all out using 4 gladeguards, only one of which sustained an injury.

what is up with that??? arnt Dryads ment to be stronger then glade guards??? personally i think they should have blitz, or one more attack and 1 less defence. they just dont stand up in a fight.

wow, i didnt realise that was going to get so long :p
im having great fun with this. thanks for all the hard work :) (you can expect my next old world map out within the week. i just want to do some more testing etc :)

Ive had that happen with the normal game. A spearmen beat my tank. Thats just nuts. Elite or not, thats dumb. The tank has better armor that the spearmans attack. But thats the game. I still like WH the best!

Anyone getting an error of "Art/Units/Norman Knight/Norman Knight.INI"? ive trying to find the problem in the unit folder, but i still get the same error. im running C3C, not "Complete", full 1.22 english patch, everythings up to date. everything is installed in the correct places, as best i can tell, but i noticed that the install has put a folder in my senarios directory called Conquests. dont think it should be there, but ill wait and see what i find out from someone here before i move it. ive noticed, it only seems to happen in the second age, if that helps. still cant figure out the problem...Great mod though.

Top Bottom