R.E.D. modpack

Can i use the hotfix and/or reduced filesize with your current beta?
I think that's my problem. Crash when using Mod that changes unit graphic. It ctd'ed when the leader loading screen. i can play vanilla and other mods easily
*I uses win10 build 2.02904 btw

I have the same CTD at leader load screen. Removing this mod solves the issue...sadly.

I was going to wait and finish my current game first. should be tomorrow....
Understood, but know that R.E.D. Modpack does not affect saved games, so there's no reason you HAVE to wait to see.

Tried deleting it and downloaded it again (v.27) and it still crashed in the leaderhead load screen. I am thinking my computer just cannot handle it.

Now i run it again, and it doesn't work :( this time is stuck at the leader loading. not crashing
RE:Solved. If it's stuck, exit civ 5 and verify. it'll download 9.2 mb file. once it's finished wait until steam launch the game from 1%. if it doesn't start from 1% then most likely you'll get stuck again. if it's stuck, repeat the steps until steam launch it from 1%. haven't tested with other mods tho, just IGE and RED 2.8
RE: DO NOT CLEAR YOUR CACHE! MY RED CRASHES AGAIN BECAUSE OF IT

Every time I see an update on this thread with Nutty being the last poster, I get so excited if it will be the new version! :run:

Well... since I'm here, here's a small heads up for you guys with the crash issue (only applies if you are using Win 10):

Please try removing the dots from the mod folder's name, renaming it from
'R.E.D. Modpack' to 'RED Modpack'.
Do the same for the modinfo-file (-> RED Modpack (v28).modinfo), then open it with an editor and edit line 4 to <Name>RED Modpack</Name>.

Now try to run the mod again.
There seem to be some problems that are caused by special characters being used in names of mods on Win10.
I hope this will solve it for you!

I'm glad you're excited, Lynnes, because I'll be sending you a test version tomorrow. As you're currently the entirety of the beta test team, you'll have some work to do! ;-)

What do you want testers to be looking for? If it isn't anything too taxing, I'll be happy to volunteer.

Every time I see an update on this thread with Nutty being the last poster, I get so excited if it will be the new version! :run:

Well... since I'm here, here's a small heads up for you guys with the crash issue (only applies if you are using Win 10):

Please try removing the dots from the mod folder's name, renaming it from
'R.E.D. Modpack' to 'RED Modpack'.
Do the same for the modinfo-file (-> RED Modpack (v28).modinfo), then open it with an editor and edit line 4 to <Name>RED Modpack</Name>.

Now try to run the mod again.
There seem to be some problems that are caused by special characters being used in names of mods on Win10.
I hope this will solve it for you!
Still gets stuck in the leader loading :(
i also delete "(" and ")" because they're a special characters right?

i also delete "(" and ")" because they're a special characters. maybe i must clear the cache after renaming it?
From a little time i spend playing with this mod when it worked, this mod is certainly the best in unit diversity *or because it's the only good one

i also delete "(" and ")" because they're a special characters right?

No, the "(v28)" is fine and part of every mod, because the modbuddy automatically adds it. Only delete the dots in RED.
This helped at least for the FlagPromotions-Mod when users of Win 10 weren't able to load it (they discovered this in the thread for Serp's modpack).

Clearing the cache is always a good thing. :)

Top Bottom