The War Room - Total War in Civilization V!

Lighthearter

President of the United States
The Kaiser looked forlornly at the large map of the world in front of him. The counters of the United States, Russia, Japan, China and France gleamed on the table. Even as he watched one fresh-faced aide removed another gray piece from the board.

Not another panzer company, the Kaiser thought desolately, the more of them we lose the less likely we are to win.

He looked over to the Chief of Staff, General Dem Taqat, who shrugged.

"People die in war. It's sad that so many have to at one time, but the truth is that the Great War is about who will rule this planet. It won't be over until only one Power is left standing."

"I know that, Dem." The Kaiser said, looking at the map. "It doesn't look like it shall be Germany, however."

"Take heart, mein Kaiser." Dem smiled. "There's a new crop of officers just come out. In truth, they're quite remarkable."

"Remarkable enough to save us?" Kaiser Lighthearter I asked, watching another panzer company be removed from the board.

"Just maybe, mein kaiser. Just maybe."

_

The planet of Avalon has been cast into total war after a Russian duke was shot and a system of treaties, alliances and activated, starting the Great War. Now Germany stands on the brink of destruction. Rally your men, listen to your commanders, and enter the War Room to carry this war to victory!

Rules:

- We are player Germany. We are allied to Russia. We are at war with Japan, America, China and France.

- I as host reserve the right to veto any action any player wishes to undertake. To consolidate the stability of the AAR, to stop interference with the normal functioning of the thread or simply because I feel like it. Don't mess with The Man.

- I am going to ask everyone to use their own nicknames at all times when playing or in story updates they write. This is to avoid confusion.

- The point of this game is to be a German military commander. Attempting to root for America, France, or any of the other opposing factions, as well as suggesting peace treaties, will be frowned upon most severely.

- There will be a list provided of all units requiring Commanders. A commander provides detailed micromanagement orders on what the unit he is assigned by his commanding officer is to do. Any military unit requires a Commander - or Brigadeir for land/air units/Captain for sea units.

- Generals/Admirals are represented by Great Generals/Battleships or Carriers in-game. These officers lose their individual units' combat prowess(on land, at least) but trade that for command of entire regions of the battlefront, and decide such things as immediate priorities and such for the region, as well as having the ability to petition for reinforcement units. They also decide whether to puppet or annex captured cities - razing is disabled.

- The Chief of Staff is the overall commander of the German war effort. He is elected every ten turns from the player base by a popular vote. The Chief of Staff promotes and demotes Generals and Admirals, as well as assigning players units. He also decides what military units will be constructed.

- The Head of State is the GM, Lighthearter(LH). He maintains cities and produces domestic improvements.

- You are allowed to write brief narratives on your unit and even develop longrunning plot lines, as long as the whole and the individual parts are approved by the GM.

- The host (Lighthearter) retains full rights to ban any person that has violated these rules. Spammers, people using a complaint generator, people inciting hate, people that are found obtrusive for the normal functioning of this thread or people that plain tick him off will be banned from the elections indefinitely.

- Please refrain from PMing me for every War Room-related issue. Alternatives are using the profile visitor comments, or simple commenting in the thread.

- By joining, posting in this thread or VMing/PMing me about any War Room-related issue, you are declaring that you have read and understood these rules to the letter. I don't want to be a jerk, so keep it clean!

Chief of Staff: Dem Taqat

Strategic Overview, Albion:

Generals/Admirals:

Great General Nonevah - Rodina Expeditionary Command
Great General Magnive - Home Front Command
Admiral Double A(Battleship Bismarck) - Northern Fleet
UNDER CONSTRUCTION - Carrier - Southern Fleet

Available Units:

Northern Fleet:

Destroyer(Z-14 Prinz Eugen) - Suitaroh
Destroyer(Z-17 Furchtlos) - NONE

Southern Fleet:

Destroyer(Z-19 Blitz) - NONE
Submarine(U-571) - ShadowNX

Home Front Command:(German Heartland)

Strategic Overview, Home Front:

1st Panzer - Celticfury
2nd Panzer - NONE
1st Infantry - Redspy
3rd Infantry - Save Ferris
2nd Infantry - Hoplitejoe
4th Infantry - Hoplitejoe
Fighter(27th Tactical Fighter Squadron) - Nukeknockout
Fighter(The Red Barons) - Sparthage
1st Bomber - Sonereal

Rodina Expeditionary Command:(Russian Expeditionary Force)

Strategic Overview, Rodina:

6th Infantry - Ninjacow
5th Infantry - Mechaerik

Spoiler :

Brigadier Heinz Guderian launches a full-scale counterattack on Cologne, driving through a tiny breach in the enemy lines:

Hoplitejoe's 2nd Infantry is attacked by American armor and annihilated by a followup infantry wave:

The forests of central Albion rumble with Chinese artillery as the French advance:

Meanwhile, on the other side of Avalon, Russian guns announce the latest Japanese offensive:

Uncle Hans Wants You! Enlist today!

We are at war with China, America, Japan and France. We are allied to Russia. America and France are at war. France and China are at war. Russia and Japan are at war.

-L

REPORTING FOR DUTY, SIR! :salute:

DT
The Chief :)

I am in.

Sir, I am Red Soldier and have good training on the ground forces.

I wish to be put in charge of the Rodina Expeditionary Command, Kaiser. If I can't do that right away, then I wish to be in charge of one of the Rodina Expeditionary Command's infantries.

Sir! Oberst Mechae Rik reporting for duty! I volunteer for a suicide mission!

For the Kaiser and the Fatherland!

Qualifications:
Spent a lot of time in the Wargames. I watched a few movies too.
Willing to go on suicide missions!
Studied a lot at the German Military Academy

The Americans took us by surprise. We'd been at war for years - practically constantly - but really, no one ever expects their homeland to be invaded without warning. The Kaiserliche Marine tried to stop them, but really they didn't have enough ships. The Bismarck and her support vessels pulled north in impotent rage.

We thought the Yankees were busy with the Chinese and the French. Guess Zetian and Napoleon managed to get Washington off their back. Now we have a French landing in the south near Munich and a massive American thrust through Cologne in the North.

When they first came ashore, I tried to fight, but there were just too many of them. I mean, even as we battled for the Colluseum and all - there was never any real chance of holding the city. Just too damn many Americans. Their ships bombed our Panzers in the city, and we infantry were forced to run for it.

Still, even as the Americans came ashore in great job lots, tanks and all, some of us tried to get organized - even though we didn't know who was our commander . . . we tried to fight back.

-Lt. Joachim Hoss, 2nd Panzer Company

Reporting, Sir! I'm good with planes, and am willing to fly into giant cannons for no real reason to destroy it from the inside!

Let me fly a plane, and no one shall ever catch me or evade me unless I let the weaklings go.

-Nukeknockout

<Red Soldier walk in front of his troops>

If fighting is sure to result in victory, then you must fight! Sun Tzu said that, and I'd say he knows a little bit more about fighting than you do, pal, because he invented it,

<Red Soldier pokes a recruits helmet>

And then he perfected it so that no living man could best him in the ring of honor. Then, he used his fight money to buy two of every animal on Earth, then he herded the onto a boat, and then he beat the crap out of every single one. And from that day forth any time a bunch of animals on in one place its called a zoo!

<recruit faints>

<Red Soldier walks over, bends down, and yells in the recruits face>

Unless it&#8217;s a farm!

MElN KAlSER! l AM A NAVAL OFFICER OF THE RElCH! l WOULD BE HONORED lF YOU WOULD ALLOW ME TO TAKE COMMAND OF THE NORTHERN FLEET! ALSO, lF YOU WOULD PERMlT ME TO STOP SCREAMING AT THE TOP OF MY LONGS, l WOULD REALLY APPREClATE lT!

I volunteer to be deployed where I'm least likely to survive! I volunteer to command one of the REF brigades.

Can I take command of the Air Force? If so, I'll do that.

LET'S BOMB WASHINGTON INTO RUBBLE!!!

I will join this. Just a few questions first.

1) are we in chaerge of individual units or are we in charge of lots of them?
2) are we permitted revolt/defect/go AWOL?
3) has Russia invested in the order policy?
4) what policies have we invested in
5) who owns the #*#£&#8364;¥$ load of soldiers near Russia? And are they friend or foe?

1) - Commanders(Brigadiers/Captains) are in charge of individual units. Generals and Admirals command overall objectives for their relative battlespace.
2) - No.

Da Rules said:
The point of this game is to be a German military commander. Attempting to root for America, France, or any of the other opposing factions, as well as suggesting peace treaties, will be frowned upon most severely.

3) - No idea.
4) - Honor. Once it's maxed out, Autocracy.
5) - Japan. And they are foe.

HISTORY:

The Border War began a few years back when America and Germany were unable to agree on their naval border and the US attempted to invade the Fatherland. Thanks to German naval efforts the Americans were turned back, and though peace was not achieved, America went to war with China and France. France shortly requested an Alliance with Germany and the Germans accepted, declaring war on the Chinese city-state to aid Napoleon. Meanwhile, Russia's Duke Peter was shot in Geneva, and the enraged Russian government blamed the Japanese - who were in almost total control of the Swiss state - and declared war. Soon afterwards, France betrayed Germany and declared their own war. The Germans then allied with Catherine of Russia - the only remaining ally in the world for them. The continent of Albion was wracked by a four-way war, the smaller austral continent of Rodina(Yamato to the Japanese) torn in its own conflict.

The Great War is in full swing. Avalon burns. There can be only one victor, in the end.

Will it be Germany? You decide.

-L

So... what do we do now?

Right now we're waiting for Dem Taqat to return and assign units to people. Until he does, here are the Kaiser's temporary assignments:

Celticfury - 1st Panzer
Save Ferris - 2nd Panzer
Nonevah - 1st Rodina Infantry
Mechaerik - 2nd Rodina Infantry
Nukeknockout - 1st Fighter Wing
Sparthage - 1st Bomber Wing
Redspy - 1st Home Infantry
Double A - Destroyer(Northern Fleet)
Ninjacow - 2nd Home Infantry

You may start suggesting Admirals and Generals now, as well as debating tactics based on the screenies. I'll be around to clarify things for a bit.

-L

I actually had a different idea as to how to approach this. Instead of using the Bismark's guns to soften up the American armor, we use these new bombers to strike at their positions. The bombers happen to pack a stronger punch than the Bismark's cannons. The Bismark can then engage the American destroyer heading for Cologne, while the first (left) destroyer in the North Fleet engages the French destroyer outside of Cologne, and the second (right) destroyer engages and destroys the American armor currently embarked of the coast. This should give us control of the seas and will stop any American attempts at reinforcing their position. I do agree with you that the garrison in Frankfurt should concentrate their fire upon the American infantry to the northwest.

Top Bottom