G-Minor CIX

Denniz

Where's my breakfast?
Hall of Fame Staff
Retired Moderator
While the general Hall of Fame is an ongoing competition, we like to run time-definite competitions between updates that we call Gauntlets. Standard Hall of Fame rules (*) still apply, but any games meeting the settings will be counted towards the Gauntlet.

(*) Please read the >> HOF rules << BEFORE playing!

Settings:
  • Expansion: Brave New World
  • Victory Condition: Domination (though all victory conditions must be enabled)
  • Difficulty: Chieftain
  • Map Size: Standard
  • Map Type: Pangaea
  • Speed: Quick
  • Leader: Huns (Attila)
  • Opponents: Any
  • Version: SV8
  • Date: 17th November to 1st December 2015
The earliest finish date wins, with score as a tiebreaker.

t60

1 battering ram can take a non-hill city in two turns

so theoretically, upgrading 3 warriors to rams, this could be done in 40 turns

Screwed up my game and lost like 7 turns because of losing my only nearby melee unit when trying to take the last capital. Final result was turn 70 so wasn't gonna beat you anyway though TyfoonTurk. Was planning on making more attempts but I probably won't have time so submitted the turn 70 one.

Well, I'm just a regular player, not like one of the Civgods that rule this board. I just played casually without really going for speed and finished on t163. One of my common delays is that I tend to build forces too much before trying to take a city. Maybe I need more Patton and less Montgomery, I could have shaved off a good 20-30 turns.

Finished on T66, first ever submit :)

(a fairly terrible map, a perfectly flat terrain would have probably do it in about 50)

Hope you stick around ST. :)

First try T49, I think I played it wrong though. It was a small map with a lot of rough terrain.

I went BW -> The Wheel, no warrior upgrade, built 4 rams then spammed HAs. I think the correct play might be scouts into HAs into rams. Rams can clean up the AIs closest to Attila's Court while HAs and scouts take the faraway ones. Not sure though.

Edit: T45 with scouts/HAs and a warrior upgrade. Made a risky move in the end to try for a T42, but of course Theodora just happens on spawn a unit on that turn to get Oligarchy bonus and one-shot my scout.

The map was worse this time, narrow sub-40 should be doable on a good one.

my plan was Rams first and then HAs as their movement can catch up to Rams quickly and the sluggish siege engines better get a head start. Unlucky with upgrades and ruins though.

Liberty opener and then free Worker to try and save as many hammers as possible

also yeah sure I might stick around but only if I by some miracle manage to become as good as yous guys :)

edit: didn't think of the play to save the closest for last, thanks for the heads up. I am used to Deity/Immortal where you take out the neighbors first hehs

my plan was Rams first and then HAs as their movement can catch up to Rams quickly and the sluggish siege engines better get a head start.
That was my reasoning as well. In my first playthrough HAs caught up to rams extremely quickly though, I think it's because on quick speed the rams don't get as much of a head-start as on standard. And it really sucks when a barb warrior starts zone-of-controlling your ram and you can't even attack him. :lol:

t60 - with a mixture of BRams, scouts and Horse Archers...

Scouts actually useful to draw fire away from the BRs and have much better visibility.

Amazed at the t49 win. Congrats.

-z

Top Bottom