Help! Noob Question

mkss

Chieftain
Hey Civfanatics !

I have a bad habit of building every single building. Some games i end up having 900+ in building maintenance, although, throwing the production on Wealth or Research seems a waste and sometimes i just don't want to build units for warmongering. I also always leave the city production on default focus and usually never assign people to specialized buildings.

Do you guys also build every build? I like to play sprawling nations with many cities.

thanks

Especially when you have a sprawling empire, you should focus cities on something specific- one for military, one for gold, one for science etc. so you shouldn't build every building in every city. Why bother wih barracks in a city where you never produce units? Or a stable where you only got 1 required resource (I only use stables when there's at least two cattle).
When playing tall, it's much more efficient to build all your buildings in all cities, because you're then likely to only have three to five cities.

I had that problem, and sometimes It just feels the city is incomplete and that I MUST BUILD THAT ARGHTHDNFASN:X. But after scaling up the difficulty I found out that thats a resepie for disaster. You need to have a building plan that caters to your plans and specific time-frame needs.

Top Bottom