Semiconductor Technology

Zsilot

Chieftain
Hello,

I was of some techs that could possibly be added to Civ 5's existing tech tree. I was thinking that a new Atomic Era technology after Electronics but before Computers could possibly be created called Semiconductors. This tech would primarily boost science, and could potentially unlock a new science-focused Wonder "Silicon Valley", and perhaps a new building called a Tech Cluster which could be built and provide science and gold bonuses to a city. On top of this it could also potentially unlock a new tile improvement for desert tiles that are also a coast called a sand mine, which could provide silicon which are used to build tech clusters.

Just my random thought of the day.

Have a nice one everyone.

:)

I personally think the tech tree should be stretched out so each era has three levels of techs. Part of this is to accomodate an earlier Horseback Riding in the Ancient Era, so that the Cataphract could be genericized and available as the Classical Era mounted unit. Obviously this means there will have to be more techs overall, so putting in Semiconductors in the Modern or even Industrial would fit. I personally think that Silicon Valley should be a National Wonder instead, especially given its somewhat abstract nature, and that it be made available at Computers while some sort of Difference Engine building be available at Semiconductors that allows for SV to be built.

If Silicon Valley was a national wonder it would probably require a tech cluster in every city. I was thinking this silicon resource could be valuable for late game desert tiles which aren't very productive and are next to oceans, to be used for some extra science bonuses considering how much faster culture, in my experience at least, is to science in BNW. It would essentially make science easier for small civilizations, especially since small civs with the silicon prerequisite would have the easier time getting the Silicon Valley wonder, which possibly could give a Great Engineer point, plus some science bonus. I think that Semiconductors could easily be added to the game as is without fully expanding the tech tree.

Top Bottom