When to Oxford?

Usually:

-RADIO - If going Culture
-INDUSTRIALIZATION - If I want to start on the Ideologies
-SATELLITES - If an AI is too close science-wise and I'm going for the Hubble
-NANOTECHNOLOGY - Usually this when going Science. Also, I might use Oxford for the other late game spaceship part wonder

This is it, actually. I can see myself using it for something like Archeology or the Internet too, but usually it is one of the above. Most of the time, Radio or Nano.

Industrialization! When I get my 4 universities ready I'm usually almost done with researching Economics. Get your coals, factories and ideologies.

Another move i've found profitable in BNW is beelining to Industrialism, using Oxford to get me into industrial, rush buying three factories ASAP, picking Freedom with 2 tenets, and then timing it to get with my next social policy shortly after.

This unlocks the second tier tenet for volunteer army, and instantly grants 6 foreign legions. This, before i've even discovered rifling. Send foreign legion into closest DOWable neighbour = Profit!

Another move i've found profitable in BNW is beelining to Industrialism, using Oxford to get me into industrial, rush buying three factories ASAP, picking Freedom with 2 tenets, and then timing it to get with my next social policy shortly after.

This unlocks the second tier tenet for volunteer army, and instantly grants 6 foreign legions. This, before i've even discovered rifling. Send foreign legion into closest DOWable neighbour = Profit!

Getting your ideology when your neighbor is stuck in the Medieval Era :lol:

smart, haven't used/paid attention to the foreign legion yet. Do they have the old model of the french foreign legion with rifleman combat stats?

I waited till masters, and 20 000 pounds later I'm broke, unemployed and spend most of my time playing BNW....

But I suppose we were referring to the national wonder?

Top Bottom