Cyrus/AMAZON Diplomacy

I 100% support trireme diplomacy now. Waiting to meet Sirius doesn't do us any favors. Rule the seas now - our window regardless of whether the one team was bluffing about MC is closing regardless. We know the two aren't going to work with us and will work against us. Not only do we need them for defense, but crippling one of them early will send a message to the other to not screw with us and may bring them back to the negotiating table to at least talk with us. I'm all for whipping a trireme (preferably two to really box him) and smashing Cyrus.

Hmm, looks like they finally sent us some more lies:

Hello to the Mavericks,

Our Captain, Sommerswerd recently received an in-game message from obsolete, asking why we were ignoring the Mavericks. We apologize if we gave that impression, as this was not our intent.

In a previous message to us, you proposed a technology trade that included Priesthood and Monotheism. We have not responded specifically to that trade proposal, because, as you have no doubt noticed, that trade is no longer beneficial to The AMAZON. We did not mean to offend your people by not sending you an official communique stating our intentions regarding these technologies. In our future dealings, we will endeavor to more quickly inform you of our reaction to any agreements you suggest.

We were somewhat puzzled by your most recent communique, and we feel that the most productive way for us to respond would be to rephrase some of your questions. More specifically... Is there any new useful information that you have learned about our rival civilizations, or the map we inhabit that you can share with us? Have you entered into any agreements with any of our rival civilizations? Is there any useful new information about the Maverick Empire that you wish to share with us? What goals do you have for the relationship between our nations? What steps or tokens of goodwill might the Mavericks willing to make in order to move relations between our nations forward? Is there anything that you feel willing to do in order to help The AMAZON? If so, we are anxious to hear from you.

Finally, we have had no trouble whatsoever in communicating with Team Quatronia. However, from our initial meeting, we have been very open, and forthcoming in our exchanges of information with them, as we were with you. Additionally, we have endeavored to be very generous in our trade agreements with them.

Sincerely,
SilentConfusion, AMAZON diplomat

Not only are they full of sh*t again, but it seems they only wrote this to see if they could learn anything else from us that they don't know. I wonder if something just rattled the diplo-chain somewhere else on the map.

Anyhow, lets play along stupid here and tell them everything they already know, like where Carthage is, etc. Let's also let em know (or think they know) that we signed a future deal with Carthage, but we're not allowed to talk about it (at their request). Let's see if that causes some distension between their faction :p

we have been very open, and forthcoming in our exchanges of information with them, as we were with you.

Buwahahaha!

I'm sorry, but this just cracks me up so much. It's not even a weak attempt to lie here anymore... no wonder they preferred to ignore us, they simply can't lie worth a damn.

I think our response should be somewhere along the lines: How about YOU give US info, because you DIDN'T offer us ANlTHING until now, and now you are ASKING for stuff without OFFERING anything. It is more than obvious that you and Q are isolating us, so we COULDN'T learn anything that your "mighty" people know!

Every time I read their spam I first want to write some hate-mail back. However, it's best we play along as stupid for the time being. Just about every line ticks me off like...

What steps or tokens of goodwill might the Mavericks willing to make in order to move relations between our nations forward? Is there anything that you feel willing to do in order to help The AMAZON? If so, we are anxious to hear from you.

So now it's OUR FAULT that we don't have good relations with them? WTF. Is there anything that WE feel willing to do for them?! Like what... bend over and take it up the a$$ too, as though everything else wasn't enough?

Fine.. write them a reply, show that exact quote from the letter and tell em we have been patiently waiting to help them out this entire time, but since they kept refusing to acknowledge us or discuss trades, IT IS THEM that made it impossible for us to help them.

Capishe!?

Whow knows, just maybe there's a 1% chance they will turn around at that.

Interesting co-incidence now. I see they only sent this letter now, to co-incide with them completing The Great Wall. What does this mean?

Here's a (nice) letter I drafted up. What do you think?

Dear brave Amazon warriors.

Thank you for finally getting back us once again. In exchange, we’ll try to answere your questions and see how we can help your people out.

You did ask us what we could do to help the Amazons. Well, there were a lot of things, unfortunately we had waited all this time while hearing no news from your diplomats. Needless to say, this has been our main bottleneck, and we assumed either your diplomats were trying to cause your own civ a downfall, or you felt you were getting enough help from elsewhere so didn’t want anymore.

The Mavericks are finishing up shopping around for the best deals, but as we understand it there is nothing we have that you want at this time, so unfortunately we can not help you out there. Perhaps in the future though, you may want to think again. Maybe you would like to spread a religion from us, or other such things? We have been getting some offers for those as of late. In the meantime we haven’t settled yet on any major concrete deals, except for one with Carthage. However, due to their request, we are not liable to discuss it.

It is a shame that we are not working closer together; there are many big techs our traits can bring in, but you force us to work with other allies instead.

In the meantime, there is one growing area for concern. We’ve noticed for a few turns now you are hammering spy points against us. This is very unsettling, and we would appreciate it if you could stop treating your ally in this matter. This can only result in a bloody conflict with each other, and we’d rather keep the Amazons as an Ally than a Foe. Blood is a big expense.

I'll be going out tonight, and I'll return after midnight or sun-rise. If I don't get any feedback on this by then, I'll send the letter myself, since we have to speed up these bottle-necks while we can.

To me it sounds like developments with a third party. Otherwise, I don't see any point to this email, unless they're just having fun at our expense. Maybe they're getting snubbed by someone?

I would just tell them to go f*** themselves, and really vaguely suggest that we may be striking up another alliance OR that we may be building some ships. I'm not very good at these things, but something like:

Dearest Amazons,

The Maverick people deeply regret our inability to properly assist our friends and neighbors in the past. As we have benefited so greatly from our alliance thus far, we can only wish that we had in our possession appropriate "tokens of goodwill" to repay the debt. Alas, we are but a poor nation.

It would appear, however, that great developments are afoot, which may well result in us acquiring some treasures in the near future. You may rest assured that, in such a case, our thoughts would be only of how our new-found fortune may benefit our Amazon friends.

Yours truly,
Mavericks.

I like babybluepants response a little better.

I think we should tell them how we can help them (religion spread, resource trade, Metal Casting) and see what they ask for. This will tell us what their biggest need is, and possibly give us some insight as to how close AMAZON/Quatronia are to Metal Casting. Its possible that this is an elaborate misdirection coordinated by both teams to get us to trade Metal Casting prematurely. Of course, we won't be accepting any deals, but we can dangle.

Basically, list how we can benefit them and play nice while we gear up for war. It feels nice to tell them to eff off, but lets not do anything to piss them off. I want us to be the ones dictating the aggression, forcing them to react, rather than the other way around.

I was trying to be completely sarcastic. I think we've made enough offers and they've snubbed us each time. I don't see why that would change. Q and them are well ahead of us already. If they wanted a deal, they'd at least feign to offer something.

We should just tell them that we're cooking up another deal and see how they respond. Gamble on them having problems with Sirius. We're obviously not giving them MC until after we've met Sirius and fully evaluated the situation, even if WE got the better end of the deal.

I caught a non-regular turn-player for Carthage on last night. After some difficulty, I got them to accept chat and we made a little small talk. Just trying to keep up foreign relations.

From what I gathered, Cyrus is far, far away from us. This may not be so bad for us, since it means a 2v1 early dogpile by them is out of the question. On the other hand, it means our triremes wouldn't get there any time soon either to do much damage.

That said, if we BS someone then, it should switch over to Carthage since so far he's the closest. I think we should double our efforts to PRETEND to want to be a great ally. And keep trying to plot a weakness to exploit.

One thing we need to do is get a spy over on their continent somehow. We could do so by dropping off a missionary later on, with a hidden spy as well when the time comes. May have to wait until optics though.

If we could catch a capital weakly defended, etc...

I keep feeling more and more that spies are very important this game. But when I looked at past pit-boss games, it seems no one really built any. I find that very puzzling. Am I missing something here?

We can never believe what we are told, until we see it for ourselves.

BTW, not that I'm going to make an issue out of it, but isn't anyone telling us about Sirius, BEFORE we meet Sirius against the rules?

Mike, since you're the official diplomat, could you send them the e-mail.

BTW, I sent another pvm BLUFF to Sommer. I asked him if he'd be interested in trading for our Machinery. And if so, when is the earliest he could UNLOCK the trade. Note, they don't have MC so it's pretty hard for them to tell where we may be at right now.

Alright, since I don't see any response from Mike, does anyone know what the PW was for our diplo-email account?

Top Bottom