WH40K-teaser mod (60 - 144 new units + some other stuff)

Are daemons in as a full faction?
Do you mean as playable? If so, the answer is No. This is not a playable mod (for any factions).

Since the thread has been bumped anyway...

Has anyone managed to salvage any units with functioning animation? I'd really like to use the Great Unclean One.

Since the thread has been bumped anyway...

Has anyone managed to salvage any units with functioning animation? I'd really like to use the Great Unclean One.

I did an experiment to see if I could get the Carnifex working, with some results:

The animations appear to be working fine, but there seems to be an issue with the sounds. I suspect the issue likely lies in the .fxsxml file, and that its referring to some of the custom effects Skajaquada had defined, as I had similar issues with the tanks and soldiers. Editing the .fxsxml file might solve the problem, but I'm not familiar enough with them to feel confident in doing so yet...

Still, I uploaded what I got working of the Carnifex here, so you can nab that if you want. It's at least a step forwards.

I can try to give the Great Unclean One a shot soon... it shouldn't be too hard, as I can just use the Carnifex unit as a base and swap in the corresponding graphics files.

where did this mod come from it just appeared out of nowhere?

Hmmm, cant get it to work.

I DL both files, unrar them in the MODS folder and it shows up and I can pick pick them ingame when chooseing mods.
I however cant figure out where to put the effect text file ?
And, when I start a game up, with MOD´s activatet I only see normal civ5 units and I have no settlers.
So,.... what am I (and think Space Marine) doing wrong here ?

Do you mean as playable? If so, the answer is No. This is not a playable mod (for any factions).

Hmmm, cant get it to work.

So,.... what am I (and think Space Marine) doing wrong here ?

Like Pazyryk posted this is no playable mod.
You need to create a own mod via modubuddy and then add the warhammer models into it.
Also you need to write art defines for them.

Anyway we use a lot of the units in CCTP, look at my sign, and you can use this defines if you would like to create your own mod.

A real shame this got nowhere. Did the guy behind it got a cease and desist letter or something?

Have made a little progress with using the art assets from this mod in my own near-future mod I've been toying with. Previously I was having issues because the fx files refer to Skaja's custom viseffects, which can't be added dynamically in the mod, and without them I think the fx files crash, leaving the models with animations but no sound or visual effects. I tried using standard game effects, but I suspect the models are so scaled up the effects appear greatly oversized. So for now, I've stripped out the viseffects references in the fx files, leaving in only the sound effects, and at least I've got models with animation and sound now.

I will continue working with it, and if I get a few more models converted I'll see if I can put a few of the working versions in a thread in the unit models forum, so people making near-future mods can at least have some futuristic-looking units to try using. :3

Have made a little progress with using the art assets from this mod in my own near-future mod I've been toying with. Previously I was having issues because the fx files refer to Skaja's custom viseffects, which can't be added dynamically in the mod, and without them I think the fx files crash, leaving the models with animations but no sound or visual effects. I tried using standard game effects, but I suspect the models are so scaled up the effects appear greatly oversized. So for now, I've stripped out the viseffects references in the fx files, leaving in only the sound effects, and at least I've got models with animation and sound now.

I will continue working with it, and if I get a few more models converted I'll see if I can put a few of the working versions in a thread in the unit models forum, so people making near-future mods can at least have some futuristic-looking units to try using. :3

You could possibly fix the scaling issue with the effects, but not the transforms of existing effects. It has been discussed that it would require a fake DLC to be able to create transformations on existing CiV effects and I am not even certain how feasible this would be.

If you just wanted to fix the dramatically oversized effects it would actually require rebuilding the model from its base mesh and animations and exporting them at a base human scale (for original .nif/.kf units I have made an outline on how to go about doing this). Unlike rigged models, many models with custom animations are exported to Granny format at a different scale (usually much smaller) and in order to compensate for this are subsequently re-scaled in the ArtDefine_UnitMemberInfos data. The problem with this is that the effects will scale accordingly (so if a base human is 0.14 and one of Skaja's models is at 6.0 then you have effectively scaled your effects by 43x!). Skaja tried to correct the previous overcompensation by re-scaling the effect in a new effect with the applied scale transformation.

So, without overwriting or appending the actual civ5artdefines_viseffects.xml or some other workaround (like a fake DLC) then those effect transforms won't work. I would love to hear from the experts (i.e., definitely not me) about how to go about creating a reliable/stable method so that we can vastly improve on our ability to at least transform existing effects if not able to create entirely new ones.

Top Bottom