New Unit: Medieval-type Archer--Viking? Rohan? (January 28, 2006)

utahjazz7

Deity
Here's an archer unit. I based it off of pictures of Rohan soldiers from the Return of the King. It could also be used as a Northern European archer, I suppose. Well, it'd probably have to replace the longbowman because of the armor and what not, but oh well. I like this unit, so I hope you all will too. Enjoy.

Download.

edit: In the inaugural competition, this unit was voted Unit of the Month for February 2006.

The Last Conformist said:
This'll in all likelihood find its way into LOTM. :)

Good. Yoda Power had asked me last April--I think it was April--to make a Rohan archer and spearman. I had told him that I probably could, but I never got around to it. I've felt bad about that, and that's a good deal of the reason why I made this unit.

edit: I still have that private message that Yoda Power sent to me; it was from March 16 of last year.

Wow. Wow. Wow.

Fantastic animation. Great design. Even his quiver is in the right place.

Thanks!

Damn you, UtahJazz! I've only just put your Elven Archer into my scenario and now you produce this, and now I don't know which one to use! Embarrassment of riches!

This is a beautifully detailed and animated unit. I like the way he tests the bowstring in the fidget.

Plotinus said:
Damn you, UtahJazz! I've only just put your Elven Archer into my scenario and now you produce this, and now I don't know which one to use! Embarrassment of riches!

This is a beautifully detailed and animated unit. I like the way he tests the bowstring in the fidget.

Hmm, if you haven't downloaded this unit, I could just remove the link to make things easier for you. ;) I'd have to say that I personally prefer this archer over the elven one though, if that helps.

Oh, and thanks for the compliments. :)

Top Bottom