Download and Current Changelog

Python error in v 7.01.
attached (removed)

Edit: Fixed in 7.11, thanks Medicine_Man_55. I assummed that was a spawning issue, not death. Now I see it is a death UPON spawning issue :)

That particular error was fixed in one of the intervening patches, Jenaelha (Wildmana is up to version 1.11 now).

It was a nasty little cockroach of a bug though; I remember Sephi had to beat it repeatedly with a shoe to kill it.

Three questions:

1. Where are the Mazatl you promised in the Patch Notes?

2. Why is the City in which Acheron spawns not growing?

3. Why are automated workers not clearing forests, although the settings allow them to do so and mining has already been researched?

1. I always put the notes for next patch (marked by an unreleased) at the top so it is easy for those reporting bugs to check if it has been fixed already.
2 Disabled culture and a few other city effects for barbs as it produced a major slowdown on barbarian world setting
3 cutting forests gives a lot less hammers in FFH than in BTS, which screws up the worker AI. I have already tweaked this for next patch.

So there is going to be a 7.12 then a 7.20?

Or you just going straight to 7.20? I've not been playing any cause I think you're going to put something out in the next few days for a while now.

Also, is there a reason the game seems to take a lot longer to load then other Civ IV/FFH mods? Is that due to optimizations (it runs pretty quickly)

Pirates...

i dont mind the occasional pirate... but right now, every turn at least 2 or 3 Pirates show up at my borders, which really is highly annoying.

If you play Lanun its even worse - the greatest advantage of the lanun was their ability to build pirate coves. But now? Every turn some of them will spawn pirates which will immidiately start attacking the fisher boats...

i think you overdid it a little.

If you play Lanun its even worse - the greatest advantage of the lanun was their ability to build pirate coves. But now? Every turn some of them will spawn pirates which will immidiately start attacking the fisher boats...

From the 7.20 patch notes (as of yet unreleased):

fix pirate ships should consider Lanun friendly now

Pirates can be obnoxious, but they only run privateers. If your city depends on the sea to survive do not neglect building some galleys or triremes to park on your important sea tiles. After a few battles your ships become quite promoted and can deal with the pirates with ease.

So there is going to be a 7.12 then a 7.20?

Or you just going straight to 7.20? I've not been playing any cause I think you're going to put something out in the next few days for a while now.

Also, is there a reason the game seems to take a lot longer to load then other Civ IV/FFH mods? Is that due to optimizations (it runs pretty quickly)

I merged the CAR mod (civilization accelerator mod) which makes the take longer to load but decreases waiting time between turns. Maybe it is this.

yes, there won't be a 7.12 since next patch will definetly break saves and introduce new features.

Pirates...

i dont mind the occasional pirate... but right now, every turn at least 2 or 3 Pirates show up at my borders, which really is highly annoying.

which settings to you use? (maptype, gamespeed, difficulty, etc.) maybe the spawning needs to be adjusted for some specific settings.

which settings to you use? (maptype, gamespeed, difficulty, etc.) maybe the spawning needs to be adjusted for some specific settings.

I played as the Lanum a few games ago. Lrg,epic emp. At the time I remember thinking they(privateers) were arriving like water being pushed through a hose. A relentless stream. I imagined dozens of privateers lined up on the horizon patiently waiting their turn to pillage. Barbarian privateers just don't seem as organic, natural as their terrestrial brethren, more vacant and contrived. I tried to imagine the population/leadership required to produce such vast numbers of throw-away ships for such little plunder. Very large,very foolish. And while triremes are stronger head to head, the privateers come in pairs. One trireme per resource left me wishing pearls grew on trees or that I had a "safe harbor/low tide" spell my adepts or mages could use to protect water resources. Never a kraken where you want one.
Just 3-4 cities stretched out along an exposed coastline requires a large and costly standing navy. And with Doviellio "outlaw" biker gang living next door, land based troops fight where wars are won and lost. Boats as the saying goes are"just holes in the water to pour our money in." Thx for game sephi, et.al. it's quit amazing.:king:

At the settings I play, they're a very strong nuisance, that occasionally tries to invade cities.

I'd suggest the threat be more scalable to be honest. It needs to start small then ramp up over time. Maybe make it where pirates don't spawn in the middle of the ocean, just near land masses?

Please take a look at The Frozen are Cockroaches thread for some much needed updates before the next patch is finalized.

Top Bottom