Dawn of Civilization - an RFC modmod by Leoreth

Status
Not open for further replies.
Does anyone have any tips for the Phoenician UHV? I have tried a couple of times now and it just seems impossible to me, even on Marathon the timescale is just too short, and it's often very difficult to defend against the Persians and Romans. I can usually get the Cothon and Palace in Cathage (especially if I end up loosing Sur to the Persians), and control of Spain is easy. However, successfully defeating the Romans in the time frame seems very difficult. Wouldn't even know about the final UHV as I've never made it that far.

There are 2 different walkthroughs in the "doc 1.10 challenge threads". Very short summary of mine:
1) Sail west and found Carthage at the capital, 2nd city in Spain on the silver. Build the great cothon in carthage.
2) Hire mercenaries and conquer Greece. The available mercenary forces should dwarf greece's military.
4) Once you have Horseback riding, conquering rome should be easy. Whip them out from Spain and carthage. It's also good trade fodder for both rome (before the war) and india
5) once you get currency, build a marketplace and run 2 merchants. Building the great lighthouse before in your future merchant city will speed it up quite a bit. Send the great merchant to a holy city for 2K gold. The double hinduism/buddhism indian city is guaranteed that amount.

Hey everyone,

I haven't showed up in this forum for a while due to a multitude of reasons, which are basically varying combinations of too much work, sickness and lack of motivation to continue developing the modmod.

I'm trying to catch up on that now, as far as possible.

Before I started to become kinda-sorta inactive I said that I'm going to start merging DoC with K-Mod and that this may take some time. Despite all the obstacles mentioned above I managed to get some of that done, and so I'm currently stuck in the phase of purging the inevitable bugs that resulted from that.

I currently have some more free time on my hands and nothing to really distract me, so I might put some extra effort into producing something presentable. Let's see :)

So glad you're back !
I was starting to consider merging k-mod as a curse : Morholt started merging k-mod into RFCE++ when he disappeared and the same happened to you... But I was wrong apparently !

Great to see you back :)
Yes, the K-Mod-induced disappearance disease is apparently a myth.

Well, I can understand Morholt, to say the least ;)

Awesome to see you back man.
I guess I'll be lurking significantly less often now =)

A question: when and how exactly the Byzantine UP expires from the AI? In my current Mongolian game, the Byzzies refused to collapse twice after Turkish spawn (two messages of its collapse, but no effect besides losing Belgrad).

Nice to see there are so many people who still care, by the way :)

I'm making good progress right now. The game is now playable again (AI autoplay wouldn't work for a long time until I finally discovered the reason), and I've fixed almost all error messages.

Major problem is the settler AI at the moment, several AIs, especially Russia, like to keep all their settlers in their capital without building any cities. Maybe I have to request karadoc's help with that. Also, AIs seem too eager to vassalize at the moment, but maybe that's because I missed some of Rhye's modifications there.

I think I can soon upload/commit a preliminary version to get your feedback.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom