Civ 5: Echoes of Ages

well currency is not exactly too deep, but you're right in one thing, it takes away focus from the upper part of tech tree. Maybe I could have abandon it for soonish renaissance era

yeah that mines I saw tough to judge :). Lumbermills I probably didn't catch, what did you exactly? it showed +1p as usually and I expect to get another 1h after steam.

Well I still have to judge buildings, since I really play like normally I do in vanilla...and that is easy library+happy+market in this order. I just adjusted to festival->library->market. One thing is that library+market gives 3 specs = +2 happy with freedom and that is pretty nice, with meritocracy and festival we're sitting at +5 happy, 3x1.25 TR without maintenance. I usually don't MM cities and let the default focus do what it wants, but I can imagine what could some MM maniac achieve.

I will probably play the game through, seems like a lot of fun. Best would be to play the map again without ics and less cities to see difference.
The position is strong, but tough to judge how strong it really is without comparison game.
But be assured that it was fun.

well currency is not exactly too deep, but you're right in one thing, it takes away focus from the upper part of tech tree. Maybe I could have abandon it for soonish renaissance era

yeah that mines I saw tough to judge :). Lumbermills I probably didn't catch, what did you exactly? it showed +1p as usually and I expect to get another 1h after steam.

Well I still have to judge buildings, since I really play like normally I do in vanilla...and that is easy library+happy+market in this order. I just adjusted to festival->library->market. One thing is that library+market gives 3 specs = +2 happy with freedom and that is pretty nice, with meritocracy and festival we're sitting at +5 happy, 3x1.25 TR without maintenance. I usually don't MM cities and let the default focus do what it wants, but I can imagine what could some MM maniac achieve.

I will probably play the game through, seems like a lot of fun. Best would be to play the map again without ics and less cities to see difference.
The position is strong, but tough to judge how strong it really is without comparison game.
But be assured that it was fun.

Sorry I think Mines is now 4 hammers and lumber mills 1 food and 3 hammers so 4 in total. I think I did change lumbermills and changed them back to keep a balance there.

You can get lots of happiness if you go after all the policies ;) I did tone down happiness in this latest patch removed 1.1 per city worth. I don't seem to have this happiness problem but that could be because I'm using lots of farms and have lots of population using it up. :)

Always be careful when choosing policies, is it best to keep getting happiness policies if you have enough? Could you then go after something else which could be beneficial to your civ. :)

You should open up your capital and take a look at the buildings, there are small changes there such as +2 hammers here and there. If you build all the construction buildings you should end up with +20% more production per city then vanilla. More again if you have a large population to work maximum tilage.

As with anything this mod is a work in progress, all feedback is always welcome.

I moved a bit with my test game, ICS approach as I usually do it. This report is up to T200.

Well tough to describe everything, but I just try to expand more, consolidate, tech more and take some more land.
I resettled a bit the east land left from Mongolia and at appropriate time invaded Iroquis.

This is situation before invading Iroquis

Spoiler :

13 turns later iroquis is dead

Spoiler :

After getting the land of Iroquis, the next logical target will be Russia. I finally finished somewhere between T182 and T200 Forbidden palace and finally met 2 maritime CSs which both I allied.
I resettled a bit the land of Iroquis etc.
Builds mostly are just library, harvest festival, market, colosseums, now banks, I built at some points some granaries, but mostly out of curiosity.

so another screens

Spoiler :

right now as you can see I am 2 turns archaelogy and next in order will be Biology and then beeline Steam power for factories.
I have a bit dilemma which SP next, since I can have either 1st from order, or 2nd from rationalism (+2 science per spec).
Science is not that bad and the +25% prod bonus should be usefull.
After entering ind era I will finally start to build more monuments and probably temples in every city under control.
I have production weak capital :-( only 2 mines... if it were at least 4 I could be more ambitious for more wonders, but I will probably take some crucial. I am working on Taj Mahal, I would like to get Christo Redentor.
I am a bit undecided on victory type. Maybe domination will be easiest even if i don't like intercontinental invasion much. Could be fought with destroyers, fighters and mech infantry since I am pretty close to some of the techs, but don't have trained infantry.
Diplo victory without much production would be too long.

Well I hope it's helping you at least somewhat and you don't see it as stroking my ego.
It's fun, but from my point of view i really don't see much difference from vanilla at least in my usual style. Probably some people who like less number of cities would provide another feedback about differences.

I moved a bit with my test game, ICS approach as I usually do it. This report is up to T200.

Well tough to describe everything, but I just try to expand more, consolidate, tech more and take some more land.
I resettled a bit the east land left from Mongolia and at appropriate time invaded Iroquis.

This is situation before invading Iroquis

13 turns later iroquis is dead

After getting the land of Iroquis, the next logical target will be Russia. I finally finished somewhere between T182 and T200 Forbidden palace and finally met 2 maritime CSs which both I allied.
I resettled a bit the land of Iroquis etc.
Builds mostly are just library, harvest festival, market, colosseums, now banks, I built at some points some granaries, but mostly out of curiosity.

so another screens

right now as you can see I am 2 turns archaelogy and next in order will be Biology and then beeline Steam power for factories.
I have a bit dilemma which SP next, since I can have either 1st from order, or 2nd from rationalism (+2 science per spec).
Science is not that bad and the +25% prod bonus should be usefull.
After entering ind era I will finally start to build more monuments and probably temples in every city under control.
I have production weak capital :-( only 2 mines... if it were at least 4 I could be more ambitious for more wonders, but I will probably take some crucial. I am working on Taj Mahal, I would like to get Christo Redentor.
I am a bit undecided on victory type. Maybe domination will be easiest even if i don't like intercontinental invasion much. Could be fought with destroyers, fighters and mech infantry since I am pretty close to some of the techs, but don't have trained infantry.
Diplo victory without much production would be too long.

Well I hope it's helping you at least somewhat and you don't see it as stroking my ego.
It's fun, but from my point of view i really don't see much difference from vanilla at least in my usual style. Probably some people who like less number of cities would provide another feedback about differences.

Well I didn't want to make too many changes to vanilla just been tweaking things I felt would make it feel better. I tend to build everything in my cities, especially if at peace and have the income to spare. Even things like workshops which now add +2 Hammers in addition to the building construction bonus, help with constructing all things in the city. :) When I have extra happiness I build all the food buildings to increase pop growth and use it up. :) Worried about your borders? the Culture buildings now increase them more then ever too.

You'll see some late game buildings come in soon when you reach the tech, and well there is the new naval barracks you can build if going to war at a sea. Ships are a bit tougher in my version so building big navies can be more useful too. :)

I think you'd probably get more out of thise mod if you ran it with one of the high defensive towns mods that would make conquering harder for ya. :)

Any plans to upgrade to the new patch?

I am using this mod . It works fine with new patch
I have had no problems

doesant work for me crashes after just 20 turns sometimes less. thanks for the nice patch firaxis!

doesant work for me crashes after just 20 turns sometimes less. thanks for the nice patch firaxis!

It seems that each time a patch is downloaded you need to clear your cache
and re enable the mods you want to use
(in your documents/civ5/cache folder, I believe) delete it . That purges old, bad files out of the mod system.the game will recreate this file each time you load it (you'll have to re-check your mods if you do this, but you won't lose them

Version 16 Release

Updated for Current Patch. 25/12/2010

**Merry Christmas**

Courthouse Changes Removed - Now Return to Default(New Patch Settings)
Watermill +1 Production from Patch Kept, Also Return to 2Maint from 1.
Public School now +2 science for 2/3 population. 1 to 1 population research bonus when combined with Library.
Stadium Happiness Changes Removed(Patch changed to mod's settings anyway)
Theatre Happiness Changes Removed(Patch changed to mod's settings anyway)
Gold Maint changes on Defense buildings removed.(as they've been removed in patch)
Open Ground Penalty changes removed(now -10% in main patch)

Many, Many civilopedia updates to buildings to work with the new changes to the UI.

tried the new version zomg i got to turn 126 and than it froze again!!!

I'm really enjoying this mod! Playing as China, as I always do, I've managed to establish myself as the largest population even though I'm relatively small land-wise, causing me to suffer from some happiness issues as I've been stuck at around +1 happiness or -1 happiness for a few centuries. I am making a lot of money, though, and I'm playing a rather peaceful game (I've only conquered two Russian cities and razed them to the ground because Catherine declared war on me).

Right now, it's 1882 AD, turn 311, and loading times have increased to ridiculous levels since I'm on a huge map, but it's still quite fun.

I'm really enjoying this mod! Playing as China, as I always do, I've managed to establish myself as the largest population even though I'm relatively small land-wise, causing me to suffer from some happiness issues as I've been stuck at around +1 happiness or -1 happiness for a few centuries. I am making a lot of money, though, and I'm playing a rather peaceful game (I've only conquered two Russian cities and razed them to the ground because Catherine declared war on me).

Right now, it's 1882 AD, turn 311, and loading times have increased to ridiculous levels since I'm on a huge map, but it's still quite fun.

This mod does make the peaceful game more fun. Each building does add to the strength of your nation, so a small nation that has good cities can rival even a large spread out conquering nation with low population.

One game I had, I had conquered 50 cities or so, and small chinese nation of 5 cities equaled me in pop and science. All I can think of is if you're having population trouble to go for the happiness policies. I have changed 2 of the warlike policies so their a little more easier to use. When your happiness reaches -1 your cities should change their focus from food if it's on food, to a production focus until happiness fixes itself. So even if your cities are growing they don't neuter themselves when you reach -1. The AI governing growth is pretty smart in Civ5.

As a small nation you might want to make friends with city states to get extra luxuries. use the diplomacy overview to see what ones have luxuries you don't have yet. :)

Alot of people play my mod just as they play classic and go on a war romp and don't notice much difference but you've just noticed it, interesting bulidings, that are all worth building, which makes you powerful and it brings the fun back into the building area of the game. :) Glad you're having fun.

Also don't be afraid to build some mines and farms as they are buffed in my version, especially fresh water farms. :)

I'll keep playing through my game, but if you can give me more information, say what you do when it crashes, what race you are playing, what tech you have. That sort of thing to narrow down any bugs. Is the mod being run with other mods etc. :)

it just freezes either while the turn is ending or while i'm exploring the map.

I've obtained a number of cities above population 30 and one above population 40 approaching 50. Things are looking good.

I've started suffering the same issues as bladex, sadly, but I've realised that this is due to my research of the Satellite and the revealing of the entire map to me. I guess my computer lacks memory for huge maps, since I've saved and scrolled around a few times to discover that rendering the graphics takes an incredibly long time and that it's actually safer and faster to just play in strategic map mode. In addition, setting the process priority in task manager to high helped a bit. The only time I've exited strategic view is to watch my battles with Japan, who sits as a massive behemoth to my west and crushed most of Russia.

Top Bottom