Fulano's MoO2Civ Minimod

(Early) Antaran ships are also faster than normal ships, not slower.
I remembered always getting 3 or 4 turns to prepare before the antarians attacked in MoO2 so I thought I'd lower their speed and increase their strength so the player has more time to prepare for them. Or was that because of the building that slows incoming fleets down?

Maybe tweak the costs of running a colony for Barbarian civ so that it never brings them any income/science/whatever and on the other hand, give them a bonus for raising a colony (I'm not very sure about how barbarians work, but it mustn't be very difficult from civs)? So that it would be more profitable for a barbarian to raise a colony than to hold on to it.
Hmmm, not a bad idea to make it more valuable for the Barbarians to raze a city than to keep it.

I remembered always getting 3 or 4 turns to prepare before the antarians attacked in MoO2 so I thought I'd lower their speed and increase their strength so the player has more time to prepare for them. Or was that because of the building that slows incoming fleets down?

No, you're quite right: good thinking! Unless you actively scout around your systems, you can't currently see any barbs coming.

Hmmm, not a bad idea to make it more valuable for the Barbarians to raze a city than to keep it.

That would be great, yes.

In my project the Antarans only have access to the galaxy outside of their Dimensional Pocket System during short periods of time when temporary Dimensional Holes - with random exit points - open within their pocket space.

This is controlled by Python and players are given a popup - warning them about this imminent threat whenever it occurs - and the location of the exit point is shown on the map at the same time.

They are unable to capture systems, working instead like missiles (their units are destroyed after attacking).

Also, the full effect of Quantum Detonators will also be implemented (chance that loosing a battle will cause area damage).

Okay, so I'm down to the line on finishing v2.0. :) I've got one week before work starts and all I have left to do is give the higher tiers of ships free promotions.

I am experimenting with a lot of new ideas so hopefully it will improve the game. I'll try to keep up with bugfixes and tweaks but I'll have much less time to mod until September.

Major setbacks... I would have finished but the game is crashing again and I don't know why at all. All I did was give scouts and stealth ship II & IIIs some free promotions and added a few prereq techs. I know the changes worked for scouts, but for some reason editing the stealth ships broke the game. I've searched twice for typos, maybe the stealth ship just can't be edited?

I'll still try to finish it up bit by bit but my time is a lot more limited now!

Sorry to hear. I doubt Stealth Ships are uneditible (that a word?), but at least that isolates the problem. Haven't tried any Stealth edits myself as far as I can remember, so I'm not sure what could cause that crash... :(

From the Bugs/Errors thread:

Not sure if this has been mentioned but I believe the technology "Hyper-advanced Construction" has a tech cost of 10 times what it should be. I am playing on normal speed and it has a cost of 450000 tech points but most of the final techs have a cost of 45000 tech points.

I can't speak for fulano (as I understood it he would have less modding time after his upload was finished and at any rate it's included in v. 5.0), but by all means do. Feel free to start your own thread on it. ;)

Nah, I will be out for a week more because I have finals, but by the look at my mod all that I lost are spreadsheets which I can make again. No in-game modding has been lost.

Final Frontier Plus has some new nice additions in the DLL. Did you plan to merge them in?

:eek: Mmm... I've been putting off a reply to this, but I've noticed I've done very little Civwise since v. 5.0 and from the looks of it this is unlikely to change in the near or not-so-near future. Ofcourse I'll be available on occasion for questions and such, but I'm afraid my Civ modding days are coming to an end...

:lol: Must correct myself here... I've been playing a bit of MOO2Civ today after a long while and it seems I've done a little something that might be uploaded as v. 5.1. If no other contributions are available this will be a minor update. Thank you.

As regards merging in stuff, I'm afraid it's not my forte... I wanted to include CAR mod some time back already, but haven't gotten round to that. As for DLL modding, I've like no xp with that either.

I considered merging in the updated Final Frontier mod (I forget what it's called) but some of what it does is more some AI functions from python to the DLL, and I don't know how to do python so I wouldn't be able to remove those while adding them in the DLL.

I considered merging in the updated Final Frontier mod (I forget what it's called) but some of what it does is more some AI functions from python to the DLL, and I don't know how to do python so I wouldn't be able to remove those while adding them in the DLL.

It's called Final Frontier Plus.

I've considered using MOO2Civ as my "test case" for the mod platform- seeing if I can build a "MOO2Civ Plus" mod using the mod platform (and plugins) and the latest release of MOO2Civ. Maybe I'll do that- if I can find the time to work on it.

But if you'd like to try merging, you're welcome to ask for help in the Final Frontier Plus forums if you have any difficulties.

I've considered using MOO2Civ as my "test case" for the mod platform- seeing if I can build a "MOO2Civ Plus" mod using the mod platform (and plugins) and the latest release of MOO2Civ. Maybe I'll do that- if I can find the time to work on it.

That might be interesting. We'll see how it works out. ;)

In my project the Antarans only have access to the galaxy outside of their Dimensional Pocket System during short periods of time when temporary Dimensional Holes - with random exit points - open within their pocket space.

This is controlled by Python and players are given a popup - warning them about this imminent threat whenever it occurs - and the location of the exit point is shown on the map at the same time.

They are unable to capture systems, working instead like missiles (their units are destroyed after attacking).

Also, the full effect of Quantum Detonators will also be implemented (chance that loosing a battle will cause area damage).

Umm... any progress to report on this? :confused:

Top Bottom