RBTS5 - Multiple Personality Disorder

Lurker:

Reply to Ruff_Hi,

I believe you incorrectly added up the food differential. Excess food is they key to growth. So the difference is 7 turns of 2 excess food versus 8 turns of 1... = +6 food. Essentially, "trading" the first turn's 12 beakers for growth 3 turns sooner.

The payoff in this case, is that those are 3 turns of working the extra clam which yields +4 beakers.. paying off the intial first turns "cost". End result is faster growth.

I've been a long time observer of RbCiv community. Great game, great forum!

TheSultan

Turn 5 - our second workboat appears. I start a warrior.

Turn 12 - Warrior is finished, start a settler, due in 13.

Turn 13 - Bronze working comes in. Our only copper is at at norther filler-city location, which will be within cultural border in 16 turns. I deliberate about the next tech, and choose The Wheel over Animal Husbandry. If we settle in Sullla's original location we won't be able to work the cows right away anyways, plus I'd like to be able to get our copper hooked up ASAP.

Turn 20 - I have started chopping the forest the worker is on, which would accelerate the settler by a turn. I have canceled the action though, so the next player can decide whether or not to complete it. The settler is currently due in 5.

I vote for grabbing the canal city spot, hooking up the copper, making another military unit, and researching Animal Husbandry and then Pottery next.

Our lands:

The roster:
Sullla
TheArchduke
sunrise089 - just played
Swiss Pauli - up!
Dantski - on deck

The save:
http://forums.civfanatics.com/uploads/91988/RBTS5_-_Personality_Disorder_BC-2225.CivBeyondSwordSave

Hmm, I think the next city should be the one on the plains hill clams/cows.

I love the production bonus by the plains hill and the clams should be in quickly enough. Canal city next of course, perhaps after an axeman.

I would echo Archduke and suggest planting our first city on the plains hill location closer to our capital; the yellow dot on our most recent dotmap. We can actually have Madrid build/whip out a workboat for the second city's clams, which will fall into range once the capital's borders expand. On that note, we also want to swap into Slavery pretty much immediately. With a food-heavy capital, whipping settlers will be a very good idea. Probably better to let this first settler finish naturally though, especially since a forest chop is about to be applied to it...

I agree that our worker should work on connecting the copper next, since we're going to need axes for Emperor barb defense sooner rather than later. On the tech front, let me throw out another suggestion: Sailing. A lighthouse increases our food production at Madrid by 2 each turn, a very big deal when training settlers right now. I don't know if we want to make that our next tech or not, but it should be fairly soon, given the starting position that we ended up with.

We'll leave things in Swiss Pauli's very capable hands. :)

We're getting pretty close to 48 hours since sunrise played his turns, so I'm bumping this thread back up. Swiss Pauli, please let us know if you need more time to play. :) I'm fine with granting additional time, but I will have to issue a skip if the game continues to drag out.

Well I can't really play this saturday so give him another day

We'll give Swiss Pauli one more day, but only because Dantski can't play today (Saturday). Any longer, and I'm issuing a skip.

I have to say, I'm a bit disappointed that this game seems to be stalling out, and we haven't even completed a single trip through the rotation! That's rather depressing. :( At this stage of the game, you can play 15-20 turns in 15 minutes. There's really no reason for things to be dragging out like this.

Sorry: have been up a hill and thought I'd posted an OOP :blush:, so please had ovet to Dantski this time around.

Sorry only 1 picture!

First thing I notice is that we have a settler due in 5 turns, but still only a single warrior to defend 2 cities. I’ll use the overflow from the forest chop to get another warrior in place.

2175BC Wheel comes in, with 2 opinions voiced on what tech to go for next, it’s a choice between AH and Sailing. Since there was no real decision on which, I go for AH first because I just naturally choose it over Sailing in 90% of my games.

I invest a single turn of production in a Barracks until Madrid grows to size 5 and then start a worker. (that 25% worker bonus is useful!)

I spot the first barb warriors to our NE, Good thing I didn’t recklessly send Settler on its own. Another barb appears right where we want to settle, try to lure it with my jungle-covered warrior. He wins but with only 0.4 health remaining.

I’m unsure what to do now. Should I risk moving my heavily injured warrior onto the spot we want to settle and possibly get him killed and our 2nd city delayed (again)?

I figure its worth the risk (only 2 tiles of fog next to hill)….and there’s nothing next to him. Phew! :crazyeye:

Settle Barcelona in 2025 BC, the borders reveal another Barb warrior just 2 moves from it, our warrior fully heals in 4 turns so might be close!

Begin monument in Barcelona, I expect to be told getting a 2nd warrior is the better choice since Christianity/Islam will be spread automatically here sooner or later + more security vs barbs, but the best tile the city can work before borders expand is a 1 food 2 production tile.

Might want to think about Iron working relatively soon too, 9 of Barcelona’s tiles are covered in the stuff.

Warrior moves away from Barca and Madrid’s borders expand, the worker has been making roads to connect the copper, but won’t be finished during my turns.

Madrid finishes worker and moves onto a work boat for Barca, Stonehenge is BIDL in 1925 BC and I finally switch to slavery so I can whip out the work boat.

On my final turn I start the work boats journey to Barca and Madrid goes back to building the barracks which is due in 6 turns. AH is completed next turn. The roads are finished to the copper, all we need to do now is mine it.

No barbarians currently around Barca, guess they’re paying Toku a visit. :p Maybe that’s why I haven’t spied any new Japanese borders appearing.

Tech-wise, Sailing is now the obvious choice. Iron working would be nice too, but that would take around 25 turns.

Current state of play

Roster

Sullla - UP
TheArchduke - Limbering up
sunrise089
Swiss Pauli
Dantski - Off for a stiff drink

Attachments

• RBTS5 - Personality Disorder BC-1875.CivBeyondSwordSave
    90.6 KB · Views: 77
Good to see you're still with us, Swiss Pauli. Just try to remember to post something if you're going to be away in the future. :)

Dantski's turns look fine to me. I may have done one or two things differently, but that's the nature of SG play. I'm going to try and play late tonight (after the Super Bowl); I'll play 15 turns to even out the dates, and then we'll be on 10 turns each after that. If you want to make any comments before I play, feel free to do so.

Nods, when does our second personality take over (meaning civ/leader change?)

I would propose going for Sailing before Ah for a lighthouse in Madrid. And we might consider getting another warrior to Barca, but perhaps the 10 odd turns to get an axe won´t get us into trouble.

delurk

TheArchduke said:
Nods, when does our second personality take over (meaning civ/leader change?)

After every "trip through the roster" meaning everytime before Sulla plays. See post #1.

Btw great idea, Sulla (was it yours??) :D
I'll definitely watch how this game goes!

relurk

TheArchDuke" said:
I would propose going for Sailing before Ah for a lighthouse in Madrid

Er.. we have 1 turn of AH research left. That sounds like the weediest thing ever! :cool:

Lurker:

But aren't you going to lose all those beakers before Sullla starts?

I thought that was only when changing it with world builder. If its going to happen here then that really sucks because I could've micro'ed to finish research a turn earlier.

Top Bottom