EFZI2 Complete - December 22, 2012

Vuldacon - I see you've included Antal's "Patch V.6", but I never found any documentation from him on what fixes are included with that patch other than being the first with a patch framework. I've been using V.4 because I didn't want the increased city tile limit of V.5 that I assumed was also included in V.6(?), which seemed to have some bugs.

This mod is fantastic. I played it through to completion as "The Authorities" during the previous version of the mod ("the Remake") some years ago.

Recently I gave it another go as "The Company" with the newest version. It took me 40 hours, but eventually I triumphed.

Perhaps in the future I will complete the Survivors storyline.

Thank you Vuldacon and co. for making this mod- it's easily the best Civ3 mod there is.

Attachments

• VanAllen.gif
    VanAllen.gif
    337.3 KB · Views: 200
~Corsair#01~... Thank You very much for your Post concerning this latest Update.

You are the First to respond and I appreciate it very much after all the years of working on it.

It helps to know that there are still players who appreciate the game and care to post about it.

Very Happy you enjoy the game :)

After all these years, EFZI2 is still my favorite Civ 3 mod.

Currently in the process of another Authorities game with the latest update. Still amazing work, Vuldacon.

Ok, I'm getting an error message I can't fix that goes something like "Missing entry in Text/ PediaIcons/ BLDG_ELECTRIC_GENERATOR. The game will now exit." It might just be an amateur mistake, but can someone solve this?

Thank You Russian Soviet, hope you enjoy your game as the Authorities.

BomberPlane474... the entry is in the PediaIcons.txt so you might have an issue with either your Computer or a corrupt text file.

#ICON_BLDG_Electric_Generator
SINGLE
art\civilopedia\icons\buildings\ElectricGeneratorLarge.pcx
art\civilopedia\icons\buildings\ElectricGeneratorSmall.pcx

Here is the PediaIcons.txt. Ff this does not work for you, check into your computer for issues.

Attachments

• PediaIcons.txt
    91.8 KB · Views: 82
Ok, I've gotten past the electric generator issue, but now I'm getting a new error. "Art/Advisor/Zombie_all.pcx"

BomberPlane474... Look in the Advisor file... is the Zombie_all.pcx there? Trouble shoot then look into your computer and or something I cannot solve because all files work as they should and are there.

New computers have different installs and paths they use and are not necessarily compatible without doing something to allow the game to play as it is intended.

For example... with Windows 8.1, you need to install to your desktop AND also use the Compatibility Function (According to Balthasar).

Believe me, all files are there check your computer and how it works.

I have a new laptop running Win8.1. I didn't have any problems running Civ3 from a cd install (ofc I use the no raze patch once the game is installed). In fact it runs more smoothly than on Win7 for me.

On a different topic, what editor do you use for this mod? I don't like the firaxis one, but I'm not sure which editor is good for a rookie modder like me lol.

Kitomakazu... you can use a Biq from Conquests such as "9 WWII in the Pacific.biq". Save it as a new name and set it up as you want for your game. The Scenario Properties has additional settings in those Biqs such as "Victory Point Limits" section.

Ah... That's an interesting tip... Thanks! :)

One thing tho... you still haven't really answered my question about editor programs. I dislike the standardized one that comes along on the CDs. The Firaxis editor feels clunky to me even though I understand the general ways of the menus and so forth.

I would like to use an alternative editor program that's more elegant and time-saving. Since you have done so magnificently in many Mods/Scens, I would love to know what you tend to use on your computer to work with. I had considered Gramphos' editor but after reading the thread, it scared me away with all of those bug reports not yet fixed. Steph's editor (far as I can see) is supported only on really old computers (I love XP, but I haven't touched one for maybe 7 years now.. :()

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

Aaaaand because I don't wanna to hijack this thread from the epicness of this Scenario, I've attached a screenie from my current game as The Company. I think this is the farthest I can remember going... (Okay, okay, sue me... I used the 2nd easiest difficulty which is lower than my usual one lol).

Honestly, I'm surprised at the last few dozen turns.

***I noticed the Authorities kept wasted their shields in Police Station by starting their police dept Key Loc then cancel it on the next turn again and again. Which is a pity.. I really wanted those highway patrol fellows to show up for the fight. I even placed FOUR cars with a champions sitting under each car. Those four champs made up a defensive region of bombardment around the authorities' police station. The AI still have decent accesses going in and out, plus a ROP is on, so I didn't want to freak them out inadvertently. Still no dice :p :confused: Idk how long I should hold out for the police dept to finally built because I can build the garage myself for cars but not the dept for the highway patrol.

***If you noticed... there's no survivors... The irony is... they had done better, way better than the Authorities. The survivors built their Auto Shop, but lost it to me, heheh. :cool:

Leading up to that point was my push from Tonka's Home -> Fast Food -> Gentleman's Club -> Hardware. The Authorities already lost the dock to Zombies, I was considering taking it but the Farmboys beat me to the punch. So I moved up north and allowed Zombies take over the Furnish store (The Survivors held on pretty long but they collapsed their defenses in that one when Radio Tower started popping spiders, thanks a lot General Fulbright :p)
I noticed how they were so paltry in the fight against the Zombies, I took their main region from Hannibal's Place to the Garage, the whole shebang after I had already reclaimed the Furnish Store and Radio Tower (Then Church right before the Garage) from Zombies.

I left only the retirement home to the Survivors, sorry Hannibal Smith lol. Zombies managed to put him out of his misery for good, nothing too important was in there so that was fine, phew.

I pushed from there to the Graveyard and then to Paradise Resort (Kinda late since I was almost finished researching DIY (I already got the Nerd Tech early by trading Keep The Lights On for it). Maybe I *AM* late with capturing buildings or I am being slightly ahead of the technology wave. I find myself leading almost two techs in comparison to the AIs. Regardless... I feel like I'm falling behind in my captures, so I left Skorel Beach alone for now (with a minor rearguard in the Resort and Coast Guard ofc). I'm ignoring that one in favor for the northern buildings right now. Cars and helicopters are helping me out in moving quickly and bombing as I go closer to Camp Paradise now.

***Dem Farmmies.... They be mightly dangerous! I haffa keep me eye open on 'em while I get a wink or 40.:eek:
They were the only AI faction that managed to grab some conquered buildings that Zombies took from others. Soon after I forced them into their third war with Zombies, they got the retirement home from Zombies. They did failed miserably in pushing back the Z wave on their Inn (thus wimping out of the second war too early for my tastes). Surprised me that they managed to push back for a bit more breathing room in this current 3rd war.

They have Elmo's trucks, Bull Barn, and Clem's Reunion, but no sheep yet. I already have the tech for Booze Imports, but I think I should focus on Camp Paradise (and maybe Weapon Range), and hopefully grab the NSI triangle (North Shore Industry, City Utilities, Sanitation Dept). The NSI *MUST MUST MUST* fall first to make the other two worthwhile holding onto, I don't feel like the City Uti and Sant.Dept is worthwhile by themselves without the prized NSI.

Choices.... choices...:shifty:The inn and the farm would serve very nicely as the link between NSI and Camp. I don't want to lose my major ally in the war against Zombies tho, but then.... Backstabbing the humanoid AIs has served me so well in this current Company game, maybe I ought keep doing that for luck?:lol: Hmm... :assimilate: Rednecks works better with an organized HR dept overseeing their work.

I'm seriously drooling and sniffing around for transports (maybe because I'm doing so well with Great Leader farming, got 27 champs now), Spawns from the City Hall & Police should be useful on the top of what I would get from the Farmers and Zombies soon.

(My personal notes on gameplay... I noticed the unbelievable usefulness of bringing four units in two trips from a building to another one on the far side of the island with the corporate chopper and not wasting the shooters' movements in the sewer tunnels. The Company feels more desperate for transportation than it seems to me playing Farmers or Survivors or even the spread-out Authorities. Just my observation. I think it's my hesitation to expand in the eastern side of the island to this point but there's SO many sated Alphas sitting there. In my Farmers game, the map feels divided North/South in terms of capturing and shooting but in this Company game, it feels so different! East/West for me this time.)

Attachments

• Screenie1(EFZI2).jpg
    Screenie1(EFZI2).jpg
    401.3 KB · Views: 185
One thing I have noticed with the Champions for the Authority is that they don't have the parachute animation.
classical_hero... I checked in Game and it plays. The .ini uses Links to the Flcs and Sounds for the CivIII/Conquests WWII Paratrooper.
Check the .ini file in the WWII Paratrooper unit file in the EFZI2 Complete Units Folder. Also make sure you have the WWII Paratrooper in Conquests Unit Folder.

Kitomakazu... If you want to use another Editor that is your decision. I use the 9 WWII in the Pacific.biq.

The Authorities have a tough time Building the Police Station unless the Player Helps them. Because they are at constant War, the AI will stop building a Wonder or Improvement if they are under attack. They will build the Police Station with Help.

What you decide to do will naturally change the Game Play in many ways.

The Company has Two Cars, the TARDIS and the Company Car Lot to start. When the TARDIS is upgraded they have that Best Transport. Attack Choppers transport 2. There are Many Transports, perhaps too many, especially when other Buildings are captured :) All Factions have plenty of Transports and the Company is no exception.

If you get a right of passage with the Farmers you can set several Cars to and past the Wild Boar Inn so you can go for the North Shore Industry. Generally, it is best to help keep the Other Human Factions alive until you gain all Research that can be traded. Focus on capturing the Most important Buildings such as Mr Tokugawa's Home, Paradise Resort and North Shore Industry.

Naturally, Each Faction will have a different "feel" concerning Game Play as they have set up and programed differences along with Locations. Random Factors also cause differences in Game Play. Players also "program" Game Play by what they decide to do. For example, because you decided to allow the Survivors to be destroyed, you will not be able to trade with them for Capabilities. The AI will generally research other Capabilities so the Player can negotiate to gain many of them faster. This is one of the important reasons to Help the Human AI stay strong enough to research Capabilities.

Decisions, Decisions is indeed the Point.
Good Luck with your games and Hope you have Fun.

I can build the Auto Shop as the Company. This is before the Survivors had built it. I went to war to capture the Coast Guard and now the Survivors are down to two cities. Hehehe.

Edit. I just looked at the biq file and it says that I need to have a machine shop, which always gets destroyed when you take over the city. :( Just not listed as a requirement.

EDIT2. The Company seems to b able to build Corporate Choppers even though it should be a single unit. I encountered more than one when playing as the authorities and can build extra as the Company.

classical hero... Extremely Busy with issues in Life now. I will look into your Edit 1 and Edit 2.

Probably need to set Unobtainable Resource for the Corporate Chopper Disabled and and King Unit for the Corporate Chopper Enabled.

I did not see the Company build Corporate Choppers during my testing.

Top Bottom