Download and Current Changelog

yeah, you can delete all of them (though it doesn't change anything). Thanks for the offer, but I don't think we need a new installer for such a tiny problem.

But it's great you spot this issue. I wanted to clean up the Assets folder anyway before making an installer for wildmana that doesn't need FFH installed.

I just installed patch 7.11, now the mod won't load! What gives? I previously ran the mod with patch 7.01 and had no problems. FFH2 version is 0.41j. Does anyone else have this problem? Uninstalling/reinstalling doesn't help.

Tried a clean install, still doesn't work. Reinstalled 7.01, which works fine. Most peculiar. I guess I'll keep playing 7.01 then.

Edit: Just wanted to say that I really like what you've done to the already great mod that FFH2 is! Keep up the good work!

Sorry if this has been answered before, but is it intentional that Fishing Villages benefit from the Machinery Tech (+1 :hammers:) but the Lanun Coves do not?

I just get one of the standard windows (vista) error messages. The crash occurs during the "init XML" stage. Possibly a vista-related error?

Bugs:

1: The nightmare resource is no longer giving out the nightmare promotion to mounted units. (unless this have been an official change)

2: The price listed for merc units is not the same as the actual gold deduction (ie $180 list price for a discounted $130 - maybe related to the rounding error from the last version or being adjusted for game speed,I usually play quick games)

I noticed that the sheaim leader Malchavic doesn't have a second trait. Is this intended?

A few fun bugs...

Nojah can pick up spellbooks despite not being a spellcaster. He can read said spellbooks which, combined with twincasting, puppets and summoner can have some funny results (4 pit fiends please 8). The best bug, however, is that he can drop a spellbook, causing *2* spellbooks to be created, thus allowing himself infinite mana and all the R2 spells he likes.

Loki still can't autocast disrupt
Disrupt on a new city will instantly convert that city to the clowns. Pretty broken early game.

And some AI issues:
I've seen the sheiam leave a city unguarded except by a spellbook (I think the AI thinks spellbooks are units).
The Sheiam do not seem to understand the power of Pyre Zombies. 6 Pyre Zombies vs. 3 Warriors in a city and Sheiam chose to run.

Finally, not sure why, but in the 7.x series of releases, the quantity of barbarians seems to have evaporated. Same settings, just no where near the devestating number of barbarians. In fact, hardly any (and almost entirely from barbarian cities). Also deadly mana nodes don't seem to be impacting their terrain or releasing minions very often at all. This could be related to the game speed mods put in, as we generally play on Epic.

Another thing I'm just now thinking of, not very many barrows and hardly any ruins (none?), dungeons, etc. are being generated (we've used Wild Erebus, Erebus Continents and Erebus recently, iir).

Any chance of Octopus Overlord priests being able to summon kelp?
Also a naval advance to lower the terrain cost of kelp would be nice...

OO Priests are already uber, but I was thinking that Kelp would be a cool Water spell. Either way, it'd be a fun spell to have.

Belizan, not to question the obvious here but you're sure Tamed Wilderness is not turned on? I still get massive amounts of barbarians, lairs, barrows, etc in my games, but the Tamed Wilderness setting is now much more"effective at "taming" said wilderness.

OO Priests are already uber, but I was thinking that Kelp would be a cool Water spell. Either way, it'd be a fun spell to have.

Belizan, not to question the obvious here but you're sure Tamed Wilderness is not turned on? I still get massive amounts of barbarians, lairs, barrows, etc in my games, but the Tamed Wilderness setting is now much more"effective at "taming" said wilderness.

It *shouldn't* be on. Next time I start a game, I'll clear the settings and test, to be sure.

Speaking of settings, I found a save game bug.

1. Start game with Advanced Terraforming enabled.
2. Save game.
3. Reload game. Advanced Terraforming is no longer enabled, and it's features no longer work.

Is there a way to re-enable this in an existing save?

that's a really odd bug :/

In this case, easiest to do is to temporarily change scorch and spring spell and repace the gameoption if with something that always returns true.

I'm currently playing as the Lanun and I see pirates spawning in my pirate ports. This wouldn't have bothered me much hadn't they pillaged my other sea improvements. Is this intentional? I mean, I wouldn't mind the pirates if they had been neutral, but they are not. I thought the Lanun started at peace with the pirates, but this does not seem to be the case.

[to_xp]Gekko;8752257 said:
what version are you using? 7.10 should have fixed that.

I'm using version 7.11

7.10 doesn't address that. It simply prevents pirates from spawning in your pirate coves if you're at war with them. I've noticed, too, that the pirate ships pillage my Lanun improvements, though their boarding parties are at peace when they land on shore.

Foul

If you open assets\modules\normalmodules\pirates\pirates_civ4unitinfos.xml and remove
<bHiddenNationality>1</bHiddenNationality>

from UNIT_PIRATESHIP1 it might fix it (change might only apply to new ships, not existing ones). I will try that next version. I guess the Pirate ships at the moment count as barbarian ships and Lanun don't have peace with them.

Top Bottom